GT Sport Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Started 10th, Was in 4th at the end of lap 1 due to a pileup in front which i only just missed. Hovered around 4th-6th for the majority of the first stint then made a mistake by putting softs on in the stop and that ruined a potential top 5 results finishing in 8th. Drove well but that stop cost me big time, Apart from that had a blast these cars are so fun to drive. See you guys next week.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Matthyus likes this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Did Cab park up?
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes, he was struggling having done no practice, so I assume he didn't want to risk taking out someone under blue flags since he was already a lap down before parking
  5. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    razor4797, ssman244, Noremac and 4 others like this.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    thx changed it.
    I guess I'm so used to it being a certain way, that even though I knew mint got it, I couldn't stop myself typing it in otherwise.

Also, what an awesome looking grid!
    Matthyus and xlxy90 like this.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Came by just to say how friggen cool a full 16 car grid looks with the custom liveries.
    Great photo, great turnout, sounds like great racing too.
    ssman244, JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  9. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    @Captain_Risky_21 again I'm sorry lack of practice/ and mind on fluctuating throttle contributed to that, I braked late to try and keep another car behind me. And the lane changing didn't help either
    JonoStan96 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  10. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    All good mate, i was just angry from the start and getting shuffled down to the rear twice in 4 laps annoyed me. All good
    holdenman05 likes this.
  11. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    This is how my race went
    ssman244, Matthyus, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  12. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    You were actually racing with other mere human drivers.
    You would have more fun starting from last on the grid each week . :laugh:
    KeedenMcdonald likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP Updated
    Flag Rules: On
    Blue Flag Ghosting: Off
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well done last round, opening the season with full grids in 2/3 divisions

Also thanks again to PAGNIAN for providing the prizes for the last season of the year, 2 x Wheelstand lites valued at $199 each !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.

ROUND 2 :
    Autodrome Lago Maggiore GP - 26 laps - 9:30 Cloudy - 21/10
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. This is especially dangerous in our Group C Monster. The first section of corners is 1st-2nd gear so little taps when already on the limit of rear traction will cause spins. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    T3 and the second left in the esses have tarmac on the outside of the white line and this is allowed to be used with all 4 wheels over the line.
    The corners here to be careful are:
    T4 - both cutting and running wide on exit
    The hairpin - cutting
    The last double right hander - running wide on exit

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow driver and enjoy that screaming GrpC engine when it hits those beautiful notes

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Super Soft Tyre. After that, any Racing Tyre is allowed.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.
    Last round we had 3 protests. The one for blue flags should hopefully not occur again now that flag rules are ON, and another which could have been avoided being a protest if the driver was able to check the replay from other viewpoints (his replay didn't work after saving). I see that as a good result on the stewarding side, so keep that respect going!

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves in advance
  15. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Won't be in the way this weekend. Have fun!!
  16. KeedenMcdonald

KeedenMcdonald Team Driver

PSN ID
    Keeden231
    Well we will see you in a fortnight
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    my turn to be tail end charlie this week.
  18. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    I'm out for tonight. Got a mate in town I havent seen in ages will be to messy for racing
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Is his name Treyarch?
    Noremac likes this.
  20. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Won’t be racing tonight lads, have a good one