GT Sport Season 5 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. RooBoys

RooBoys New Recruit

PSN ID
    RooBoys
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    More meat for the GRIND3R!!
    To race in the Rooz lobbies you need to befriend the room host, in this case itsa me
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  4. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I'll be out when room opens but will hopefully make it in time for quali, if not then likely make it for race.
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I haven't seen anyone say they cannot make it (bar arogantz)... so if you get a full room, follow the order of reserves
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    @RooBoys I tried to add you to the D3 psn chat but had issues doing so. Its helpful to be in that chat room for updates during the week.
  7. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    @Tristan Jones as said he's out as well.

Good luck and have fun guys.
  8. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I had a much more enjoyable time this week. Still well off the pace, but that was a fairly clean effort from me. Ended in the grass a few times, but don’t think I ever ended up pointing the wrong direction. If I hadn’t forgotten to pit when I wanted initially, I may not have had a few shocking laps that ultimately put me a lap down.

I know I’ve banged on about it earlier in the thread, but man do I hate the blue flag system in this game. They’re far to early and really breaks the concentration as you actively keep an eye backwards whilst trying to go forward. I tried to let off the throttle 3 times before someone finally caught me. In the end I found it easier just to run off circuit untill I was passed. Just makes it for more awkward than it really needs to be.
  9. Heyagarn

Heyagarn Rookie

PSN ID
    Heyagarn
    I found the blue flag system to be pretty good, gave me enough heads up to hit the down arrow and look more at the map when I needed to. But nemo9n was kind enough to allow me to finish on the lead lap haha, cheers. No hard feelings from last race? (Even though there was no malice on my part)
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 2 - Maggoire
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RAE1982 - DSC - 1.51.013
    LennonLegend1993 - DSC - 1.41.889
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  12. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    This says I'll "miss 4" should be 5, the enduro round.
    Hatfield likes this.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 2
    Pre Race
    I did a bit of prac during the week and got to some very solid 1.40 times and was feeling confident that I would do well. Managed to drop 5s during the week!!
    I was feeling very settled and comfortable with the car on the track.
    On Sunday, I was advised that @Green Terror was doing some very fast times.
    Cue - Nervous Energy I just couldn't shake!!
    Qual
    Managed 4th to my surprise, with only .5 separating the top 5.
    Race
    We managed to get through T1 without a complete disaster, although some near misses and it looking very squirrey we got it done!! Kudos to all for taking the extra effort to make it possible. Me included!! Sorry @Tristan Jones

Snuck into 3rd through T2 and the driving smoothed out nicely.
    Nabbed 2nd as @Green Terror went wide on the exit of T5.
    Moved on to @scottb721 who nabbed 1st from Terror on T1. I kept on Soobs tail for the rest of L1, until he came unstuck on the esses on L2. Into first!!
    It was now just a matter of making sure I don't stuff up!!
    With @Cameron Neane breathing down my tail pipe and my nervous energy, I had a slower than expected exit from the downhill hairpin and Nemo nabbed 1st from me on L4 (ish)
    We kept it nice and tidy and managed to pull away from Terror.
    I pitted on 8 as planned for my 2 stop strategy. Got held up with some traffic when I exited pits, but nothing too bad.
    Nemo and Green pitted on 9 and Nemo came out just in front of me as I passed pits.
    It was during the mid phase of the race I had my 1 and only dirt nap at the downhill hairpin.
    Terror caught up and took 2nd on the double right hander as I nudged him and came off second best. I really need to use the radar more!!
    Nemo, Terror and I all pitted on 18.
    We exited the pits in order, however he didn't get far before he himself had an off and I sailed on by.
    From here it was just stay on the track and not push as my nervous energy made racing super difficult.

I am happy to take 2nd as I didn't deserve first with the quality of my racing.

Kudos to @Cameron Neane on his first Rooz podium
    Same to @Green Terror for rounding out the podium.

Very happy to have a 1 / 2 NLR race win though. Mass points for NLR this week!!

See you all next week at 'shudder' Fuji.
  14. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I joined the lobby and only had one lap down when Quali started, not being confident at the time my heart was going through the roof.
    Qualifying 7th was around where I thought I would end up at the time.
    I picked up a place lap 1 into 6th
    By this time the cheer squad entered the room (the Kids that is)
    Lap 3 the leaders were pulling away as my lap times were 2 seconds slower,
    Into P5 passing Sooby_scott on the last corner lap 6.
    Hearing from the cheer squad Sooby dooby doooo,
    That nearly had me stack it on turn 1.
    Turning the Astro headset up to 10 to drown out the crowd time to continue keeping
    It on track until lap 10.
    In I go lap 10 Racing Soft Tire change and petrol and a quick grab for the beer.
    Holy crap its water that’s right I forgot to get the beer in all the rush to get on track and not miss the race.
    If Incey can do it will have to try a sober race.
    On my way finding the groove on racing soft tires @Tfeccles pitted so into 4th
    Holding p4 comfortably till the end not a podium finish but one I will remember.
    Bold but it worked for me racing soft’s for 16 laps who would have thought of that for a strategy
    Only Easy.
  15. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

When you do the video, please include my start from 7th to 3rd going onto the straight, only to have a major crash trying to get a better exit than you.. this was my only highlight and a night I would rather forget :cautious:
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    You mean this one? :)
  17. LennonLegend1993

Maaaaaaannnnnn.. I don't even know what happened. For some reason I was thrown off by you, and thought there was more track on the inside :p Turns out it was just dirt..
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    My fat arse car blocked your overtake :D
    I was impressed and dismayed to see Sooby hold the lead for a while, but seemed to have a shaky race. Same for you. it would have made the whole much more racey if you had managed to stick to the black stuff.
  19. LennonLegend1993

Absolutely. Im still working my way back slowly from my 4 months off :p I have lost so much time and ability.
    It didn't help that when I pitted on Sunday, I went to Mediums by mistake..
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last round was good with high grids in all divisions, and no protests!

Also thanks again to PAGNIAN for providing the prizes for the last season of the year, 2 x Wheelstand lites valued at $199 each !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.

ROUND 3 :
    Fuji Speedway GT - 2x 16 laps - 18:15 Sunny - 28/10 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]
    (please note T11-12 is not in use this round as we are using the GT variant which uses the gray line)

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. This is especially dangerous in our Group C Monster. The first corner can be problematic here. Luckily there is run-off but be mindful that the astro-turf on the exit of T1 is now slippery. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    If you run off track there is tarmac almost everywhere, but you must be aware when returning to the track.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow driver and enjoy that screaming GrpC engine when it hits those beautiful notes

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Super Soft Tyre. After that, any Racing Tyre is allowed.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.
    Last round we had 0 protests which is what we want to see, so please keep up the good respect!

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

SPRINT ROUND: The second race is reverse grid. This means we all need to be patient. Faster drivers making their way through the field should not be tapping drivers out of the way to do so. If incidents happen, redress.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves in advance