Season 17: No Halo's Here!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Generally in your teams you share setups... I posted my setup for the Ferrari in turtle beach, but you'll have to rely on the lotus guys to share what they have.
  2. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Yeah sorry I’ve been really busy so haven’t done much practice, so my setup isn’t very good. Will try do some prac this afternoon and put a setup up
  3. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

@Rolz @marty Sorry for the late notice guys but I won't be racing tonight. My PC is still in rebuild phase and I'm wiped after a tiring weekend. Should have my PC well sorted by next week so hopefully I'll be able to get my eye back in with the VR and get stuck in again :).
  4. Rolz

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2018
    Bogor likes this.
  5. Rolz

Well looked like Zandvoot was a lotus track... :p WD all podium getters!

Q1 - Glad to qual 3rd, didn't really have much time to get warmed up prior to official prac (Ideally like to do 45min before official prac kicks in, but had 5 lol)
    R1 - I'm just awful with the starts or the Lotus' are brilliant and I can't do anything about it, probably the first one... Nevertheless was great racing happy to keep third after Marty missed his breakmarker (it seemed) on T1
    R2 - Was going to be tough, my setup was not really designed for overtaking plus this track it was very difficult for me, only got past ppl who made mistakes, sadly I also had a mistake due to my new headphone cords being annoying and I was trying to flick away when I blew past my break point for T1 (facepalm), then just lost the zone and couldn't recover...

Shame we haven't got the number this season as I think they are a challenging car to drive and people could use some skills gained here for general race craft.
    I know it's tough for some to get prac in until race night, usually I try to aim for 100 (valid) lap prac prior to racenight, but for me also this season I've been falling short (in the 60's). Though this week it was a bit demoralising to be 1.5sec's off @andyo450 best lap pace lol

Monza66 is up on Server04 - will see what laptimes are tonight and then I'll put enduro prac up on Server03
    andyo450, jlynn777, marty and 3 others like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Good racing guys, was a tough night for me as I had barely any rest the last 5 days while away and so also did my practice last wednesday.

When I got home I really didnt feel like racing but though better to at least have a go even if I was going to struggle.

Race 1 after making row 2 in qualy which I was happy with, on the inside I got a good run and cleared Rolz. However next 2 laps I missed a gear into t1 nearly killing the box and running into sand the 2nd time. This dropped me back in the pack but I managed to stop missing gears and caught back up to Parkour where we had a good battle. Unfortunate contact as I was outside after we ran a few corners side by side damaged my rear wing a bit. After that I tried to hang on to him but ran out of downforce and talent lol. I cruised home dropping a few more places as the car was a bit too sketchy to try and defend anyone.

Race 2 reverse grid was fun early with hard work passing anyone, a few laps in after Godzilla had an issue to t1 probably missed shift too. I had Mael ahead with Andy behind, I couodnt find a way past Mael and struggled to keep andy behind. I took the inside line to t1 but blew the gearbox on the missed shift and went straight across the track into Andy. :oops:

After retiring I watched Andy's battle with Mael and Stig and it showed how wide maels ass was as even Andy couldnt make the pass.

Bring on next week though I doubt I will make an enduro with 1 gearbox, some reason I cant make downshifts consistantly and just 1 bad one can be race over. The damage level woukdnt make much difference as dropping it down would just meant 2 shifts not 1 lol, I may need to use paddles if I can sort it out.
    andyo450, Parkour, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  7. Parkour

Parkour New Recruit

I felt uncomfortable at season start using H pattern, then got the hang of it. Now my G27 H pattern is playing up, changing into 4th randomly when I select 2nd, also popping out of 4th when accelerating hard. Not sure it is fixable which is a shame. I like to be able to jump down a stack of gears. Ended up using H-pattern for qualy, paddles for both races, feels super wierd.

Good racing last night, made a few mistakes, but managed to recover back to 4th both races which is where I knew Ihad potential to finish.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I had similar problems with my G25 shifter. The switches move with the shifter. The wires are very light gauge and fatigue at the plug. I was able to make it last a bit longer with regular blasts of contact cleaner then by applying a blob of solder at the plug.... but it was the beginning of the end without resorting to rewiring with new male plug ends - ended up upgrading instead.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Parkour likes this.
  9. Rolz

#excuseneededforupgrade :thumbsup:
    Parkour likes this.
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hopefully no mistakes this week :confused: holla if you spot one ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    tezpez85 and Rolz like this.
  11. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Hey guys will there be another season start before end of year?
  12. Rolz

there will defs be a fun run, but all depends on the other ROOZ leagues running... we are the small group compared to the Consolers here...
    Plus Multiplayer gets released for ACC 14/11 so if I can I'll pop a server up for that is possible...
  13. Rolz

updated first post, Enduro round coming Monday - 64laps Monza 66, forced pit :thumbsup:
  14. Mael

Mael Professional

Just join us in this one, its a great car once you get use to it :coffee:
    jlynn777 and Bogor like this.
  15. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

I gave it a few runs prior to season start. I didn't find engaging or fun to drive, similar to the corvettes so I didn't want to join and leave a few races later.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That was the hardest race in recent memory, just a complete mess of missed gears, no consistency and general lack of speed. Sorry about the incident @Anon666 stuck it in first looking for third, managed to get it out of gear quick enough to avoid a complete blow up but lost a heap of speed, don’t have a replay to see what happened after but wasn’t great either way.

Race two was a bit better and for a little while was hoping for a win but @Mael had other ideas, some epic defending there, very well deserved win. I was concentrating so hard trying to get a good exit out of the last corner for a run in T1 that by the time I actually got one I forgot about the braking thing at the end... ended up just in the sand and half the field going past me. Well done to @andyo450 on another dominant round and @TheStig13 and @Rolz on the round podiums

I seem to have gone from P2 and most consistent, to very slow but still consistent, to just slow and inconsistent, not the best trend really... I of course have 101 racing excuses at the ready :)

Bring on next round at the home of Ferrari
    Bogor likes this.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Really? these are probably one of the more engaging drivers cars there is, damn hard to keep it together, certainly a workout. What kind of cars do you normally like?
    jlynn777 and Bogor like this.
  18. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Surprisingly really enjoyed the v8's(10/10) and the f1 2004 from previous seasons.
    I'm keen on the old school DTM Merc Alfa or BMW. Or mx5 cup and f1's (f138) in general too.
    I think a car that you can finese or feel connected to at the limit. A big part or me is ffb so it just depends on each car. Don't get me wrong ROZ is awesome group to race with :thumbsup:

Just waiting for next season..
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Fair enough. I would highly recommend giving these a good go for a race or two though at least, getting them singing around the track close to the limit is an experience
  20. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Used to have G27, also had trouble with shifter. Can heartily recommend Thrustmaster TH8A. Built like a tank.