Division 2 - Season 5

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Stozz

Stozz Rookie

Thanks everyone hope to keep the form unlucky with xlxy90 due to connection issues good race to gary and stu they kept me on my toes but good race to all
    Woody, garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Well done stozza
    Stozz likes this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    did anyone get or make any vids of the race ???
    Woody likes this.
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Do you need something looked at stu I have the replay
  5. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  6. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Q4
    R1

Wow, first Div 2 win for me (don't count the reverse grid sprint race a few seasons ago), very happy with my race.

Most of my limited practice was in the dry concentrating on a good quali lap, managed 4th, lap was good but not great. Thought it was OK being only 15 hundredths off pole, until Stozza came in and smashed us all in the dying seconds putting me about 8 tenths off! Was behind Stozza, Stu & Spidey.

Got a good start, Spidey bogged down, had him covered by Turn 1. The 2 in front were 2 abreast down the hill and I kept having to feather to avoid ramming into the rear of one of them. T6 and Stu got a tap from a car that had stuck its nose up alongside me sending him into a spin and then chaos ensued behind. Managed to escape so was now in 2nd behind Stoz.

Followed him around for several laps, the gap moving in and out. After a bit, I started to apply a little more pressure and got close, but it's hard to pass on this track. Finally a crack, as he get's a little wobble coming off the last chicane and I got through clean and went down the outside before he could close the door, went as deep as I dared (that's what she said) and got past for the lead.

I knew Stoz had pace and so it was no time to relax. Pushing hard we were now into the phase where the track started to cool and grip came down and I managed to pull a few seconds on Stoz as he had a couple of moments here and there. On lap 12 I started to get some droplets on the screen and spent the rest of lap debating with myself whether to pit now or the next lap. I took the gamble and pitted at the end of lap 12, the only one to do so. I second guessed my decision for the first half of the out-lap, but felt justified when the track conditions changed to wet probably right about the time the leaders were hitting the final 2 hairpins. Passing all in the pits I had gained about 2 seconds.

From there, it was about getting a decent gap, which currently stood at about 4 seconds. I was pushing as hard as I could in the wet, before the puddles started to become a problem. I managed to get the gap out to about 9 seconds, especially when Stu caught Stoz and they started to have a battle. With about 7 laps to go I switched to just bring it home mode, this was nowhere near in the bag yet. Stu started to reel me in but I felt ok as the remaining laps were not enough.

Crossing the line was a great relief, and my first mistake free race for a while as well which I think definately helped. Well done to Stu & Stoz for rounding out the podium. I always like the weather races.
    Telum, stucar17, v8power383 and 9 others like this.
  7. Anthonyb

Congrats on the win mate
    v8power383 and Spidey_11 like this.
  8. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Q2
    R2
    Ahhhh, another night of what could have been !
    Had some great racing though, so enjoyed it regardless of the result..
    Did a 35:011 on my first flyer which had me on provisional pole, and next lap was .6 up only to stuff the 2nd to last hairpin, and staying in the low 35s..... then stozz pipped me on his last flyer by .031 !! Well done mate.....

Start was pretty good, and went side by side with Stozz through 1,2,3, before i got out of it at the bottom of the hill to let him through and slot in behind for the run up the hill. Unfortunately copped a little bump on the entry to 7 and it got me sideways on the grass. Managed to save it and slot in again in 4th, before @natmanscoop lost it on about lap 6 coming onto the front straight.... up to 3rd with @garyw61 and @Spidey_11 close behind..... on about lap 12 i planned on pitting, but bloody stozz was still in front of me, and had half a lose coming out of the back hairpin.... i got a run on him, but was on the wrong side of him to enter the pits so had to go around again..... we went in nose to tail to change to wets on lap 13, and turbo drove past while we were in...... The next 3 laps we swapped position a few times, before i got past and cleared him, with turbo about 9 seconds up the road..... I was closing slowly but certainly not enough to put any pressure on, and managed to come home in second, about 5 secs behind turbo and the same ahead of Stozza....

Some really good racing, the first 7 or 8 laps was a line of about 6 cars up the front.... good fun....Shame for @v8power383 that he couldnt get in, @Bounty05 i should have mentioned he gets last place points.
    Off to Sugo for round 4..... hopefully we have more than 10 cars on the grid.
    Spidey_11, natmanscoop, Woody and 3 others like this.
  10. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    FYI - I’m away camping this weekend and won’t make the race. Good luck to all.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    natmanscoop likes this.
  12. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Done - @v8power383 last place for 5 points (DSC)
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Like Jim, I'm away camping this weekend as well. Dunno what time i'll make it back on Sunday. But even if i make it back in time I would think its unlikely i'll still be awake come 10pm.
  14. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

I am also away camping this weekend, but shall be back and ready to strap-in for Sugo.
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Did I miss a camping invite?

*insert Brownback mountain image* I'm on my phone so can't get the actual image.
    xlxy90, Anthonyb and Woody like this.
  16. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Maybe its my dyslexia kicking in but I'm scanning through and reading about strap-ons and brokeback mountain camping trips?
  17. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I need to join Div 2 - it sounds a lot more interesting in here!
  18. Anthonyb

All depends on what your intoo_O
    Woody likes this.
  19. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Just trying to fit in with the group so I'm pretty "flexible" :roflmao:
  20. stucar17

PSN ID