Cockpit Show us your Simulator Cockpit setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Have now had a few weeks of racing and no additional mods/tweaks or changes so this is how it'll stay until my DD2 arrives.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I love the baby proofing :)
    Is it to keep you in or others out ;)
    Spidey_11 and KoAStR like this.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Is the rift sensor just sitting on top of the upright? Any issues with it vibrating from the ffb of the wheel?
  4. Rolz

You can visually see the area of authority I have at my place... and apparently that can change to zero at any point in time :roflmao:
    the frame is so solid it just goes no-where, but I've used heavy duty M3 double-sided tape to make sure :thumbsup:
    Spidey_11 and KoAStR like this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Haha, fair enough. It’s exactly because it’s so solid I thought it would pickup the vibrations. I can feel my shifting through my seat as it transfers the forces very well. Would make it awesome for buttkickers
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Does anyone use the GTUltimate TV/triple monitor stand? I've just bought one, wondering if it'll work with my 58" screen, it says up to 55" but I'm wondering if it'll make any difference. I've been tinkering with the idea of adding a solid wooden base underneath my rig, screwing the rig down to the base and adding casters so I can move it around in the garage when needed.
  7. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I was looking at one of these too but need to move the TV to the side so the kids and I can play other games. From what I remember that as long as the mounting patterns are the same and the weight is under the limit it should be fine. Yours is only a few inches bigger so I can't imagine there would be any issues but can't say for sure :confused:
    If you do end up building the frame and casters would love to know how you go.
    beakeroo likes this.
  8. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    I would say it would depend on the TVs mount holes and weight. I tried to put my 63” plasma on my F1/GT monitor stand, but the mounting holes were too far apart for the brackets to be installed.
    beakeroo likes this.
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    yeah I figured as much as well I've got a mount from my current setup that I'm sure I can modify to get the job done.
    Woody likes this.
  10. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Mine was an older TV though, we have a newer 65” in the lounge and the brackets WOULD have fitted that. I ended up putting the 55” on it though. Hopefully it just lines up nicely for you.
  11. Green Terror

Green Terror New Recruit

I have one but only have tried a 55" on it
    beakeroo likes this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Happy Friday to me!

Finished work early, checked the tracking number and noticed that the tv/monitors stand was just around the corner in the Toll depot. Picked it up and now I'm on my way home to beer, pizza and an empty house as the wife and kids won't get home until late tonight.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  13. Rolz

haha... the best Fridays are those! Enjoy! :)
    Ozglenn likes this.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    What do you reckon? I need to change the FOV as it's set on its widest setting at 120, once it's down to 90 or so the wheel should fit the car a bit better I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had to add some spacers between the top of the mounts for the tv to give it a nicer angle as the tv screen was facing slightly upwards at first but other than that it all went really smooth as did the beer and pizza but the wife is nearly home so the dream is coming to an end.
  15. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    looks awesome mate
    beakeroo likes this.
  16. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Thats awesome mate, looks like u have a great FOV and worked ur wheel in there good....but i guess u cant tell the kids not to sit too close to the television like our folks did hhehehe
    beakeroo likes this.
  17. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Looks great dude!
    beakeroo likes this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Cheers lads, does anyone know whether fanatec australia have black friday deals usually?
    Woody likes this.
  19. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    They are auctioning off some dd wheel bases but that’s all
    I’ve heard. What are you chasing?
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    There's a big BF sale in US and Europe every year with some good bargains to be had. It depends on what's available but I'd really like a round rim with QR (BMW, Porsche etc) and a shifter.