Audio PS4 wireless headset recommendations - new

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Woody, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Not sure if I should have kept this in my post about the issues with my current headset but was wondering what recommendations people have for new wireless headsets for the PS4.
    I want something that's comfortable to wear for long periods and has great sound and clear chat. Not looking for the cheapest set but I guess the best value and useful features.
    I've read some of the review sights but keen to hear about ROOZ recommendations
  2. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Woody likes this.
  3. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'm thinking of selling the turtle unit if interested. I hardly used it because I got a great deal on the steelseries unit not long after I purchased it.
  4. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I'm liking the look of the Steel Series one. Where did you get yours from? Did you consider the wired hi res one with the Game DAC?
  5. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Forget that, I've just found the length of the cables and they are insanely short!
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Astro A50 (I have Gen 2 but there's a new Gen 3 now) These are seriously great headsets. I had it set up wrong at first and used to get dropouts in sound but after setting it up as the manual shows you I fully recommend them. Not a single dropout in the 24 hours that I've played PCars 2.
    Woody likes this.
  7. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    DO NOT buy the astro A20's.
    They hurt my head after 20 minutes and you can't tell how much charge is left on them.
    Woody likes this.
  8. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Thanks for the recommendation! I had considered these on and off but was hesitant based on the price. I think @Spidey_11 has the same headset from memory?
    You would have played more than 24 hours of PCars2 wouldn't you? :)
  9. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Thanks. I thought you had the A50s
  10. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    The most comfortable by far is another headset I have - the Kingston Cloud series 1 - by far my fav but the cord got chewed up so its now in the bin. I reckon if I buy another set it will be Kingston
    Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  11. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    The steelseries wireless pro is the best build quality you could buy, and the sound is insane. Slightly heavier than others due to the materials used but thats not a deal breaker. Even after a few hours they are very comfy
    Woody likes this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Nope, I noticed yesterday it was 24hrs on and offline all up. I came into #2 only at the start of season 4. I was kinda homeless for 12 months whilst we were waiting on a new build so sold my old setup when we moved into in-laws place and then another 12 months until I got around to getting a new setup.
    Woody likes this.
  13. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Are those the Hyper X headsets
  14. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Yes but make sure it’s the original series 1. The series 2 does not work properly on ps4. I bought them then had to return them
    Woody likes this.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
  16. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I get the line "Well if that's what you need just get it......" which can have so many meanings!

Is the 7.1 surround sound or virtual surround sound all that useful? I've got it on the current Sony ones but it doesn't really do a lot unless you are using one of the game specific profiles that can be loaded into the unit
  17. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I have the HyperX cloud 2's and I love them also. They have been the comfiest I have worn (I haven't owned that many to be honest).
    I'd say they are more of a PC headset as you can't control the difference of the chat audio to the game audio like you can with the Astro's
  18. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Spamming Youtube videos regarding headsets from a YT'er I trust with reviews.

19. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    what I am finding now is that because we don't need to be in a chat room when in Pcars, I cant change the volume of the chat in the room compared to the rest of the game's sounds. sometimes it's hard to hear people
  20. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    I can control the level of the chat vs the game sound on the current headphones which is great. It seems a lot of other headphones don't have that setting, at least not from the headphones themselves.
    Thanks for the Youtube reviews, I was going check some of these out later tonight but great to know these ones are believable. I recently bought a pair of decent audio headphones and it took forever to get a balance of views as so many are biased!