PCARS-2 [Planning] - RTEC 2019 Discussions

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by its-benny-racer, Nov 11, 2018.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

overall the gt3 class is a better fit for rtec cause there's more cars that are competitive & it's good to race a diifferent class for season 2
    bummer you've discovered gte at just the wrong end of the year mate!
    try the bmw m6 gt3, i saw someone in the srl league get that thing hooked up amazingly well at bathurst in a race this year
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  2. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i'll push it to the week after, the preceeding week is the long weekend & in school holidays in nsw at least
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Car testing session soon?? Plus test out track settings for the first 1 or 2 tracks?
    I'll be on and off tmrw (29th) so if you see my public lobby jump on in!
    Woody, nigegunz and Bounty05 like this.
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i tried Dubai with a 9/3/19 in game date & medium cloud cover thru the hours of midnight to 9am which had the track temp consistent at 37deg & the ambient range from 25 - 31deg
    - as like season 1, i think it's easier to keep the lmps on softs in those 30-40deg temps than the gt cars
    - given the size of the fuel tanks in the gt3s, i would expect most of the 80min races to be a no stop on hards if the temps are too hot for softs
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  5. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Damn I'll be at the cricket tmrw night
  6. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

the lmps knocked it out of the park in testing last night, in every session we had several guys all within a second of each other. we tried dubai, algarve, rd america & sakitto which all worked well, an experiment at hockenheim classic didn't work so well
    for anyone jumping into the audi r8 lmp900 for the first time, the loose default settings are very good & highly recommended as a starting point
    also, the bmw gt3 car at dubai seemed to do ok on soft tyres with a 37deg track temp with clear skies
    Woody and Spidey_11 like this.
  7. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Agreed that the LMP900's were popular, with the Audi being the favourite so far.
    To throw a spanner into the works, there was some discussion about ditching the GT3 car class in favour for a faster class such as the LMP1's.
    The reasons mentioned were:
    - There is a larger lap time gap between the GT3's and LMP900's. This could lead to more lapping of slower class cars and more incidents.
    - GT3's are very common and have been run a lot.
    - At least last night, they weren't as popular as the LMP900's, this could lead to a minority field in them if not a lot of people choose them.

What's everyones thoughts? Do we take this to a vote?
    Woody and Telum like this.
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    i agree with the lmp9's, they are pretty much a given. I think we should race these with the lmp1 to see how it all matches up
    Telum and Spidey_11 like this.
  9. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

im thinking to leave it up to the guys who know they'd like to run in the slower class this year.
    i'd also be happy to do some testing to find out, if anyone's jumping on msg here please
    Woody, Telum and Spidey_11 like this.
  10. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I'm jumping online now!
  11. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    We need to consult the godfather. What say you Benny?
  12. Blue XR8

Blue XR8 Rookie Gold Member

I will be running a gt3 but at this stage I don't know which one yet
    nigegunz likes this.
  13. Spidey_11

PSN ID
  14. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Sup fellas happy NY to ya'll, I've been lurking in the shadows for sometime and thought I'd pop out of the closet to see if theres talk of doing this all over again sure enough there is.

So, I'm in don't plan on bailing this season just doing the monthly races along with the weekly season is too much so will be just doing this going forward.

Just one thing - with the weather settings I know there are some forecasts out there that say stuff like clear, light cloud etc, And we perhaps work with this one along side the other also for the day just to add the other more realism to the mix? I might be alone here cause on the couple of times I mentioned it either no one heard me or :):):):) knows cause all I heard was crickets haha but I think it would be awesome :)
    nigegunz, Spidey_11 and Telum like this.
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

a timely return mate, just as the pre season is kicking up a gear
    Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

yup, definitely improving the weather model this season & this is the plan so far:
    racingcircuits.info is the place to check out all the wonderful stats for each track including weather down the very bottom of each track page. on the top right of the weekly forecast is the link to darksky.net which gives a far more detailed weather breakdown
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

im currently working on the calender & in game race times but Dubai GP will be the season opener on Feb 23
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

the tally in the votes so far has the lmp900's & gt3's as the car classes we'll be running for season 2. get your votes in if you haven't already
    Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  19. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    @Spidey_11 ??????
  20. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    The people have spoken (almost, I'll update it with a closing date). Then people will have chosen their chariot for the best endurance racing this community has to offer!
    nigegunz likes this.