Sunday League New Format Test Qualifying Times List

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    only need catalunya before friday. week after you can submit for round 2 etc
    deedz_aus likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI
    3 room points split:

1st - 189
    2nd - 180
    3rd - 171
    4th - 162
    5th - 153
    6th - 144
    7th - 138
    8th - 132
    9th - 126
    10th - 120
    11th - 114
    12th - 111
    13th - 108
    14th - 105
    15th - 102
    16th - 99
    17th - 96
    18th - 93
    19th - 90
    20th - 87
    21st - 84
    22nd - 81
    23rd - 78
    24th - 75
    25th - 72
    26th - 69
    27th - 66
    28th - 63
    29th - 60
    30th - 57
    31st - 54
    32nd - 51
    33rd - 48
    34th - 45
    35th - 42
    36th - 39
    37th - 36
    38th - 33
    39th - 30
    40th - 27
    41st - 24
    42nd - 21
    43rd - 18
    44th - 15
    45th - 12
    46th - 9
    47th - 6
    48th - 3
  3. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Just adding to this discussion and my thoughts on points brought up so far.

Option 1: No Quali no race
    What about no pre qualify no race? Or is that too harsh a penalty? It would force people to qualify though, instead of magically showing up on the night. Plus it solves most of the issues being brought up now. Just a thought. But it seems we get plenty time and opportunity to set at least a banker time. Even being able set up your own lobby and send in a screenshot of your time yourself makes it pretty hard to say you had no time. Just send it in. If your strapped for time set yourself 6 laps (or whatever you want). Best time in 6 laps is your time. (Pretty much what I did for my Dragon Trail and Kyoto quali times while i waited for my sweet potatoes for dinner to bake :p )

Option 2: Docking Points, same division
    I can see both sides of the argument when it comes to docking peoples race points and keeping them in their division to keep the racing close and fun. I love a good close battle. But a downside I can see happening is that same person who just wants to race (lets call him "A Handy") and doesn't care about points may hamper the a person (lets call him "B Upset") who does care about points.
    Now you might say B Upset isn't getting hampered because he's still getting full points and more points than A Handy who may even finish ahead of B Upset.
    But what if B Upset was in a champoinship battle with the formidable driver "C Ballz". All three drivers are squabbling for position during a race. C Ballz manages to squeeze past A Handy. B Upset gets stuck behind A Handy. B Upset sees his championship fade away as he sees C Ballz get further and further away down the track.
    Is this fair? It may promote close fun driving/racing but it may disadvantage a driver who is enjoying a championship battle with another.

Option 3: Drop to Division 3
    Chuck everyone who didn't post a quali time in the bottom. Results may vary. Top division drivers most likely have a boring race alone at the front. Their ego feels great though. Less points for people who legitimately worked hard to get to the top only to be behind a driver who shouldn't be there.

Option 4: Shadow Realm Division
    Chuck all non qualifiers in a shadow realm race. Points are marginal. No one is disadvantaged. Race results/fun also may vary again. If the shadow realm gets enough non qualifiers this may enable merging of 2 divisions (Either Div 1 and 2 together or Div 2 and 3 together) for a race. The more people together the better I say.

Option 5: Everyone drive blindfolded and see what happens :p
    Crunch and incey like this.
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    1: we will not stop drivers from driving just because they didn't submit a time in a test
    2: if driver B cannot pass driver A, does he really deserve the championship?
    3: not the point of this test
    4: maybe if we had a lot more drivers
    5: let's do it
    StigsTC, Noxrai and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i like option 3. and remember its only for people who don't get a time in by fri night. It might encourage them to get next week's time done over the next 8 days. or it might discourage them from showing up at all. either way the people who put in the effort are rewarded for it
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I also believe my point would allow for a div 2 reigning champion. You might dominate div 2 in one car, and instead of struggling next season in a different car in div 1, you requalify in the new car and it might prove that you are still at the top of div 2, not the middle of div 1. Of course, this test season should go ahead, and i hope we learn something from it, but i dont personally think it will work BETTER than our current system.
  7. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    @Hatfield holdenman05 quali catalunya 1.51.109
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'm hoping to see a big amount of qualifying times in tonight guys (please!)
    incey likes this.
  9. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I am in agreement with the general principles of this test season as there are some car and track combinations that suit me better than others. Striving for a closure fairer racing division is worthwhile.

However, as a Div 3 driver (likely in most rounds) I don't like option 3 at all. I took the time to practice and submit quali times (in fact ended up hosting a session last week that others joined to quali in) and then to have those that can't be arsed but are likely to be significantly better than me taking points I may have earned is somewhat of a disincentive.

As this is a test of a system to divide drivers into divisions with the goal of closure competition then let's let it proceed as is currently stated.

There needs to an incentive to qualify or a disincentive to not. I trust the admins to know in what division drivers ought to be and, given this is a test season, happy for them to allocate drivers etc. I would suggest if you turn up on race day not having pre-qualified, you either cop a grid place penalty post pre-race quali or the previously suggested half-points option.
    Noxrai and Matthyus like this.
  10. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @Hatfield a clarification please?

Having submitted pre-season quali times for all three tracks I still have the option a ONCE per week submission prior to the Friday deadline, in case of practice improvement etc?
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    correct
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I agee that you shouldn't score less points than someone who didn't submit a qually time. If I was in your position, and i have been, I would rather race with a full room than than just the two of you who are currently in div 3 and have submitted times. you might even pick up some tips from the 'other' drivers.
    how's this; no qually drivers points begin after the last qually driver is a way that would work. so in your room johnno and you get points in order after the qually driver in the div above you and the no qually drivers get the leftover points in order they finished
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that's what will happen
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated to 2 divisions
    15 in room 1, (with a broadcasting spot for tynesider)
    16 in room 2
    Crunch likes this.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    FYI we will still use this points split even though we are only running 2 rooms for round 1 just in case we need to go to 3 rooms in future rounds
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I thought that's the number of people that signed up?

[​IMG]
    Full grid!
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  17. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Hosts?
    I can host D2 if no one else wants too.
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'll host D1. Thanks for putting your hand up
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I've send out requests to those in D2 who weren't friends yet
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have made a pschat for all drivers in this test season, so if everyone in it, just adds everyone else, we should be fine for the season (until any newcomers arrive)
    Noxrai, Crunch and Matthyus like this.