GT Sport New Format Test Season Division 1-3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    League rules and regs : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Good Racecraft guide : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/
    Protest procedure : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/
    How to qualify : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-qualify-for-gt-sport-season-races.2969/

Start Date : Round 1 6/1
    Car : Renault Sport MEGANE TROPHY 2011 359hp 955kg
    Tuning: Prohibited
    Tyre Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : Racing Hards
    Fuel Depletion : x1
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Open
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT
    Room Host : @Hatfield (D1) @Matthyus (D2)
    Back Up Host : @Bryan_F (D1) @pat65 (D2)
    Room Captain/s : @Hatfield @Bryan_F (D1)
    @Matthyus @emmo46 (D2)

Track list (event date)

Round 1: Catalunya - 25 laps - 05:30 Sunny - 6/1
    Round 2: Dragon Trail Gardens - 28 laps - 18:30 Fine - 13/1
    Round 3: Kyoto Yamagiwa - 28 laps - 10:00 Fine - 20/1

Room Settings:
    Room Mode: Practice/Race
    Room Name: RaceOnOz S# Div# R#
    Race Type: Race for Real
    Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
    Grid Order: Fastest First (Set by Host can be used in the event a restart is required)(Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results for reverse grid sprint race)
    Boost: Off
    Slipstream Strength: Real
    Visible Damage: Off
    Mechanical Damage: Light
    Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
    Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
    Ghosting During Race: Weak
    Shortcut Penalty: None
    Wall Collision Penalty: None
    Wall Collision Detection: Default
    Side Contact Penalty: Off
    Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
    Replace Cars When they Leave the Track: Off
    Flag Rules: Off
    Countersteering Assistance: Prohibited
    Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
    Driving Line Assist: No Limit (but no cones)
    Traction Control: No Limit
    ABS: No Limit
    Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Drivers:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/sunday-league-new-format-test-entry-thread.3457/
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    WELCOME TO THE TEST SEASON!!

Of course this will be a test of a new qualifying format so ensure to get your times in before Friday night cutoff
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.ph...e-new-format-test-qualifying-times-list.3473/

ROUND 1 :
    Catalunya - 25 laps - 05:30 Sunny - 6/1
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    CAPTAINS/HOSTS will be selected after divisions are finalised sometime on the Saturday (day before raceday).

QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. Luckily there is a good amount of run off to minimise impact of mistakes and redress any illegal overtakes

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The corners here to be careful are:
    T2 - inside
    T10 - hairpin outside exit
    T13-15 - chicane complex has a lot of run-off

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT!

TYRES : Racing Hard.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply. This way we can figure out possible division changes in advance
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Crunch, Noxrai, Matthyus and 5 others like this.
  3. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 1 Divisions confirmed:

Catalunya Qualifying Times
    Dawn 05:30 Sunny

Division 1 - 1:51.999 or faster
    1. 1:48.918 @@KeedenMcdonald
    2. 1:49.696 @@Crunch
    3. 1:49.876 @@Bryan_F
    4. 1:50.456 @@Noxrai
    5. 1:50.468 @@Hatfield
    6. 1:50.643 @@Viperzed (final)
    7. 1:50.648 @@Ozglenn
    8. 1:50.994 @@NAACS
    9. 1.51.109 @@holdenman05 (final)
    10. 1:51.114 @@incey
    11. 1:51:424 @@pat65
    12. 1:51.517 @@VARDZ (final)
    13. 1:51.735 @@emmo46
    14. @@JonoStan96 (no time yet)
    15. @@lets_party-1611 (no time yet)
    Division 2 - 1:52.000 or slower
    1. 1:52.345 @@DAMN_RIGHT_BOB (final)
    2. 1:52.405 @@LennonLegend1993
    3. 1:52.550 @@Buster_Danis
    4. 1:52.847 @@deedz_aus (final)
    5. 1.53.160 @@Matthyus
    6. 1:53.491 @@T F Eccles
    7. @@CAB77 (no time yet)
    8. @@Ian Cannan (no time yet)
    9. @@LITTLEBLACKO942 (no time yet)
    10. @@Kartdude45 (no time yet)
    11. @@Hihatjoe (no time yet)
    12. @@Se7endan (no time yet)
    13. @@Tristan Jones (no time yet)
    14. @@robin edwards (no time yet)
    15. @@bzerks (no time yet)
    Easyprey007 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So I caught a viral infection from my kids.
    I don't think I can race tonight :(
    @Bryan_F do you think you could host tonight?
    @incey or @pat65 even?
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I can try
    Hatfield and Noxrai like this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well done @Crunch
    Shame my race was ruined by my car being used as a battering ram, really hope it was lag related, not something I would expect.

*100% lag related lol sorry fellas, NBN coming this Friday
    Hatfield and Noxrai like this.
  8. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 1 - Room 2
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  10. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Can we use this as the Season 6 car instead?
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i had a pretty good race overall. Lost a second in my lap times somwhere, don't know where. @holdenman05 the replay showed me hitting you a couple of times when i should have given more room. apologies. we had some good interactions when i knew where you were. congrats to the podium. bit of a problem all the disconnects, wonder what was going on?
    Noxrai likes this.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Happy to get out and grab a podium tonight. Had a good scrap with both @Crunch and @Bryan_F before I inevitably fell back from them. Bad luck to @JonoStan96 who surely had the pace to battle for a win tonight but overall well done to Bryan and Crunch. Looking forward to next week when I can hopefully challenge up front a little more
  13. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Congrats @deedz_aus.
    Had a solid battle with @Buster_Danis for a good 10-11 laps where the lead changed and we were within 1s the whole time. This only helped hand deedz the win with the battling for p2 :rolleyes::p
  14. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Shocker of a start after nailing pole for the first time, dropping to sixth by the time we’d done half a lap. Considering I’m not a fan of the Megane I was pleasantly surprised to be fairly competitive and thoroughly enjoyed the race, thanks to the close battle with @LennonLegend1993
    Congratulations @deedz_aus on the great start and ultimately the win. Cheers to @Matthyus for doing a fine job of hosting & posting. Bring on Dragon Trail Gardens!
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes please! lol
    Matthyus likes this.
  17. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Had trouble finding my rhythm last night. Did a practice run on Sat in which I was cranking out consistent 1:53s and the odd 1:52 but couldn't find that pace last night. After a goodish start from 5th, I backed out of the first corner as things got close and found myself in last. Decided to play the long consistent game i.e. no offs please, and benefited from others' mishaps to finish 5th. Some good cat-n-mouse racing with @Tristan Jones and @Matthyus was fun.
  18. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Some pretty even FLs in there despite the spread across the finish line.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  19. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Great race last night!

After a bit of a out of season hiatus playing RDR2 (great game), I finally did a race distance of practise - and started to like this car. I did do a few laps of each track a month ago, but not enough to post qual times. Car is great fun to throw around at catalunya - but found TCS2 was a bit quicker, and negated the amount of spins I had. I love the way the car squirms and slides on these tyres - or maybe I'm just too used to the RDR war horse.

Got a bit of practise prerace, knowing where my PB of 1:55 was going to sit me - yet couple of laps in I found a 1:54, and got plenty more of them in race - then got a 1:53.1 - low fuel helps I guess, I ran some great laps though. I seemed to race much better under pressure with other racers in front or behind, I would push too far and come unstuck in clean air. I was in front of @Matthyus and @T F Eccles thinking I can hold this - but then was a bit too heavy on the go pedal at turn 12 and the grass spun me around. After seeing Johnno and Colin tustle I thought I might catch them - especuially as I was now lapping a second or 2 quicker per lap - not to be though, they were slowly pulling away, despite my making small time on them in some places on the track. Great fun, hard to balance between racing at the edge of ability and making sure I stay on track. In the last season I had been trying to lean more towards the conservative side, which paid dividends in a fast car where planty of us crashed - hard to try to do when everyone is faster than you, I like just racing as fast as I can!
    incey, Hatfield, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  20. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Thanks to @Hatfield for organising this event and to @Bryan_F to hosting room 1 while Hatfield slowly died from the deadly children virus.

My in depth race report. (I love reading everyone's else's race reports)

Anyway my race was compromised from the start. I forgot to put my TC on the start line. So it was wheel spin city for me. Lost I think 3 places due to it. Had @incey all over my back for all of lap 1. Lap 2 I bottled it braking into the 7th corner putting a wheel on the grass which sent me hurtling into the kitty litter. Back of the pack and then some. It became a race of recovery as I tried to limit my mistakes. Setting 1.50s seemed to be impossible for me now as I think nerves got the better of me throughout the race. So I tried to keep as safe and consistent as possible and hit those 1.51s laps.

Slowly clawed my way back to the pack just as @emmo46 and @holdenman05 having a little battle. Managed to go around the outside of emmo on corner 4 and put myself on the inside for corner 5 (Was super pumped with that move). Then had that great battle with @holdenman05 I mentioned earlier in psn group chat. Ended up going smoothly around him in the final chicane to get Infront for the straight.

Was able to catch and pass @pat65 after a little battle.
    I then spent the rest of the race trying to catch @incey. Who was very consistent and quick. I think around lap 22-23 I caught him and ended up getting a better run on the straight on lap 24 to pip him into the first corner. @Ozglenn a little too far away and a little too late for me to catch before race ended.
    Other than the start of the race I think I drove a fantastic race. No idea how I managed a 1.50 in pre qualifying. I was nowhere near that for real quali or the race. I had a blast battling with the aforementioned drivers. Congrats to podium drivers @Crunch @Bryan_F @Viperzed . You guys were flying.
    I look forward to the next race in dragon trail. I find im not as strong in the fictional tracks. Still learning them all. But the Megane has shown it can be great for races!

End of race report.