ROOZ VOIP - Discord

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    deedz_aus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Hmmm I like the sentiment...but it kinda negates the shiny new gaming headset I bought via the Black Friday sales. o_O
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Discord would be more useful for events where we want to be able to chat with the entire room.

I still have my ps3 headset which uses usb and audio jack with separate volume dials. So I plan on using the audio jack straight into an old iphone.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I've never used discord, but happy to give it a try. I think I've installed everything correctly on my phone. From what I can tell, you need to hold down the "push to talk" button to get voice to work, so assume only chat between races then? Not sure how I can weild my ds4 controller and push a button on my phone at the same time.
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    You can change a setting to turn off push to talk iirc
  6. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    In "GT-Sport-test" channel if I try to unmute the mic it says "You must have Push to Talk enabled to speak in this channel" so maybe depends on the channel settings?
  7. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yeah that would be it.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I will have to change this setting then
  9. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    Is this still being used?
    Discord voice now works on the PS network.
    I use it all the time to drive while waiting for friends to log on to play other games which the wife and a few friends are grouped in.
    If so I wouldn't mind during the week to be in a channel now and again and talk race stuff and strategy with others, only for my benefit as I need to find seconds somehow.
  10. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I don't think so seeing as it was only a thing when PS parties had a limit of 8 players at a time. If you're on during the week and you start a party in your division chat i'm sure somebody will jump in