GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    It comes down to what the driver rating of the players in the room averages. The higher the DR average, the more points you score. It's obvious if you had pole by 2 seconds and won by heaps that it was a low rated room. Matchmaking happens like that. The first race on the Wednesday night normally has less top players in there than the second race.
    JonoStan96 and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Whoa, slow down cowboy. Your helmet won't fit soon if you keep this up.
  3. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Mate. My first round was a room with @KeedenMcdonald, ,Bass-Tickle, @MINT_GTR and other scary names. They are fast and have high A+ DR ratings, therefore the points for winning (in Keedy's case) was 1791.

The points recieved is entirely dependant on the quality of the rest of the room, not yourself. I dare say that in the Mercedes F1 race your opponents were more challenging? Hence the extra 300 points. Think about it. If you beat an ex-Nismo GT3 driver/GT Academy winner would you expect to recieve more points than beating some guy just starting out with a D DR rating?
    MINT_GTR and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Can’t you attempt these events more than once?

I saw guys in my race (22:00) that already ammassed over 1000 points. 5th places was good enough for me to score roughly 1200.
  5. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yes BUT you only score points for the round based on your last entry. They would have already scored 1000 points in one race and tried again in the next timeslot to better their performance. If they scored 900 points in thr next race, they would only score 900 points for that round
  6. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    While I appreciate the genuine attempts to answer my problem, I've known how the points system works since 2017. That was never my issue.

Polyphony refuses to drop me in the high rooms. That's all.

The Daily Races aren't what they used to be. At launch, you could get around 300 or so points for a win b/c everyone was grinding, but now, Dailies are filled with C, D, & E drivers, making getting DR super difficult at 40k DR. Every race is a gain of 100 points - give or take.

@xlxy90 - why is the second race the meta for the top guys? That's what I find interesting. Why isn't it the first race?
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe when you are trying, there is no higher room? that or you're not quite on pace as you thought

as for second race meta... maybe they are avoiding all the C, D, E guys that want to get in and get it done in the first race...

maybe it's all a conspiracy... maybe instead of blood in my veins, I have chocolate sauce... who knows!?
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  8. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

:rolleyes:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Its just when people seem to get online.
  10. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Geeze and hear I am thinking the first race is too late for me. Another reason why I joined rooz
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    And Hatfield goes BANG!!
    Hope you at least gave him some ointment for that burn :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I was trying to be nice. He knows he is quicker than me (unless he spins) lol
    leeboy910 likes this.
  13. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    RIP - thanks for the sledging guys.

@xlxy90 thanks for seemingly answering my problem.

Groover has almost 33 % of my DR at 15k, yet he managed to get well more than double my points.

Knuckles has 55k DR and he reports he did two sessions- first attempt was 40 points for second and then 35 points for first.

Something is CLEARLY screwy.

I'll start attending the 2nd race now.

The top 16 Superstars is the first session, so im surprised it isn't the meta
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    leeboy910 likes this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    If this is the place to rant, then:
    I just did my first FIA race for 2019 season on Saturday (Manufacturer's race only at 22:10 timeslot) . I think it sucks that there are only 3 races per night instead of 5 and the Nations and Manufacturers are on roughly at the same times rather than being staggered by an hour, which makes it really hard if you want to do both. In the past, I'd normally do a race at 21:00 and 22:10 (or 23:10), but not possible now. Earlier races generally are just not possible for me due to family stuff. Bad Polyphony!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    G29 users, what FFB Mac torque and FFB sensitivity settings do you use? I'm currently on 8 and 8 and am not sure those are ideal.

From the GT Sport on-line manual...

・Force Feedback Max. Torque
    Adjust the maximum torque. This is an example of force feedback, which communicates information about the road surface to the driver through their tyres. The greater this value, the duller the response from the tyres when cornering hard. The lower this value, the more responsive the car becomes. Increasing or decreasing these values allows you to adjust the controls to suit your driving style.

This would imply that you'd want a lower value, or am I reading this incorrectly?

・Force Feedback Sensitivity
    Adjust the resistance of the steering wheel when you start to turn it. This resistance is an example of force feedback, which communicates information about the road surface to the driver through their tyres. The greater this value, the more responsive to changes the steering wheel will become. When this value is lower, steering becomes gentler when driving in a straight line. Increasing or decreasing these values allows you to adjust the controls to suit your driving style.

This at least appears to be self-explanatory.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I use 6 and 6
  17. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    i use 2 and 8
  18. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I'm on a t300. I use 2 and 7.
    But I think the general consensus is torque is personal preference but a good number is 2-4. Higher if you want a good workout. Going higher than 4 may put a strain on your motor.

For sensitivity, usually a high number feels good. Anything lower than 5 starts to feel a bit dull/sluggish in my opinion.
    Also smooth tracks feel great at 9-10 for me but at nordschlief feels absolutely terrible. Way too much wheel shake on bumps. So 7 was a good compromise for me.
  19. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    nothing update

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Main Features Implemented
    1. Sport Mode
     - Fixed an issue wherein hitting the "Confirm" button multiple times during warm up and qualifying made the game impossible to control.

2. Lobby
     - Fixed an issue wherein the refuelling speed was slower than intended when loading old Event Settings.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
    - Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

yawn...
    Noxrai likes this.
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just so long as it doesn't take too long to bloody download and install!