Season 18 - Ze Porsche Cup Challenge Ja!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Welcome Welcome!!
    This season we will be running the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
    [​IMG]

S18 Skin v2

Additional Skin
    As always the Raceonoz servers will be up for practice and once teams have been sorted, convo's will be started.
    This season will run as per last season in most respects, including running multiple compounds and a full reverse grid for sprint rounds.

For those new to our fine forum, please read the Code of Conduct and Racers Guide, both good reads and worth a second look if it's been a while.

The plan will be to have the rooms open from 9pm AEDT and to start qualifying at 9.30pm, a bit later than normal, but daylight savings does mess things up for WA'ers. There will be 10-15 minutes of qualifying depending on the length of the track, and then into the race, usually around 45 minutes. We will be running 1 room again this season so tracks are again being considered that can cater for 30 drivers.

There will be enough slots and rooms available for practice during the week. There will still be an individual and team championship as per previous seasons.

We usually have a prize draw at the end of the season. Please go to the sponsorship section for more info.

Compulsory pit stops and tire change for normal and enduro rounds only.

SEASON 18:

Round 1: 11/2/19
    Normal Round - Eastern Creek 2014
    Fuel and Tyres - Forced Pit.

Round 2: 18/2/19
    Normal Round - Watkins Glen
    Fuel and Tyres - Forced Pit

Round 3: 25/2/19
    Enduro Round - Tor Poznan

Round 4: 4/3/19
    Sprint Round - Barbagallo
    Fuel and Tyres - No Pit needed

Round 5: 11/3/19
    Normal Round - Bathurst (FM7) 0.9.1

Round 6: 18/3/19
    Sprint Round - Red Bull Ring National
    Fuel and Tyres - No Pit needed

Round 7: 25/3/19
    Enduro Round - Phillip Island

STRACKER Server - http://rooz.simracer.me:50041/lapstat?currservers=ROOZ-ACserver05

The points system will be managed by our masters of charts, and will be posted within the ladder section at the top of the website, and updated weekly. The points will be distributed as per position table included with championship ladder.

This season will also see us using a bonus point system with Fastest Lap (FL) and Most Consistent (MC) for each room gaining an extra point. ie Win+MC+FL=Win +2 points for the round. MC will be as per simresults, with highest gross MC across both sprint races used for determining overall MC.

There is a provision for a drop round this season. Every driver will have their worst performance dropped from their overall championship total.

The sprint round this season will see a full qual and practise session for the first race, and a 10min qual only for race 2. The points will be distributed to each driver for both races to come up with placings for the entire round. REVERSE GRID RACE 2 - HALF POINTS! Where 2 drivers finish on the same points, the driver who finishes in a higher place over the 2 races will be given the higher placing. Where this is the same, the driver with the fastest lap over the 2 races will finish in the higher position for the round. FL and MC bonus points will be given to the driver(s) with the best result over the 2 races.

Ballast System is not in effect this season.

Teams: Provisional

Turtle Beachers:

jasondull1986
    jlynn777
    Krunch
    Rolz
    Cameron Bell3r

The Gamesmen Men

Anon666
    Godzilla
    Marty
    Meow
    pb1

Pagnian Importinators

Bogor
    c4rLo5
    Mael
    mesafto
    Shaun Allan

IgnitiON Controllers
    andyo450
    Squid
    Terry R (tezpez85)
    FOG-Tintops
    Stiggy
    astral soul

Voice chat
    This season we will be using DISCORD so get the app and keep an eye out for the instant invites if you haven't been in the Raceonoz server yet. The permalink is still working: https://discord.gg/JB257mk

Skins (Liveries):
    If you wish to run your own skin, great. We would love to see the teams running their own skins again this season. Please get them to us ASAP.

Drivers Registered so far.
    @Rolz
    @Shaun_A
    @tezpez85
    @Godzilla
    @marty
    @Bogor
    @jasondull1986
    @andyo450
    @Meow
    @jlynn777
    @krunch
    @c4rLo5
    @Anon666
    @mesafto
    @Mael
    @squid
    @cameron beller
    @FOG-TinTops
    @pb1
    @TheStig13
    @astral soul
    @Reece85
    @bencrow-
    @Ringo
    @Mitch09
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2019
    krunch, c4rLo5, KoAStR and 3 others like this.
  2. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Wooohoooo!!!!!
    Rolz likes this.
  3. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

I'll get started on some skins. Should have some prelim stuff up over the weekend
    c4rLo5, jlynn777, Rolz and 3 others like this.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Teams: Provisional
    Have tried to stick with historical assignments where practical... May have to shuffle someone from Pagnian to IgnitiON depending on the actual turn out.

Turtle Beachers:

jasondull1986
    jlynn777
    Krunch
    Rolz

The Gamesmen Men

Anon666
    Godzilla
    Marty
    Meow

Pagnian Importinators

Bogor
    c4rLo5
    Mael
    mesafto
    Shaun Allan

IgnitiON Controllers
    andyo450
    Squid
    Terry R (tezpez85)
    Rolz and Bogor like this.
  5. cameron beller

cameron beller New Recruit

Is it too late to jump in for another season?
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Never too late ;)
  7. FOG-TinTops

FOG-TinTops New Recruit

Wouldn't mid joining in if there's a spot vacant, it'd be my first series with you guys :)
    jlynn777 likes this.
  8. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

The porsche only has the hard compound doesn’t it?
    jlynn777 likes this.
  9. Rolz

Embarrassingly I haven't checked so will have to take ur word on it mate :)
    Got a week and a bit to work out a solution to this... personally not a fan of accelerated tire/fuel burn, but will find a solution
  10. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  11. Rolz

Hello all, I've updated the first post with some of the track downloads, some are just off my dropbox as I find the link off RaceDept sometimes can be painfully slow... more will come as I download and pop onto my dropbox to share :thumbsup:
    jlynn777 likes this.
  12. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Love the tracks! :)

Quite a bit of green in there Tez.....can feel the TTB love? ;)
    tezpez85 likes this.
  13. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Damn, just looked at the team lineups - will be hard to keep you green machines behind :cautious:
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Rolz likes this.
  15. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Hi all,
    Since getting a better Internet connection I have started streaming all my game time on https://www.twitch.tv/bogor73
    This brings a question on what audio I stream.
    I use Shadowplay to broadcast to Twitch and this just streams default audio, this means when I am in Discord, anyone who talks in there will be heard on my stream.
    I am able to bypass this by using Virtual Audio Cable, however this creates a half second delay for my game sound when racing and is a bit off putting.
    My question is:
    If you are concerned that your voice in discord will be broadcast on my Twitch, please let me know and I'll just put up with the sound delay. However if there are no concerns, please be aware, everything you say will be broadcast and recorded to my channel.

Bogor

Oh! and don't forget to give me a follow :)
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    jlynn777 likes this.
  16. pb1

pb1 Rookie

I'm keen to be a part of the season, please sign me up. I may miss the occasional race, but am in all the same.

@Bogor If you're going to record races/events, you should ask on the night if anyone there prefers to stay unheard. That way everyone knows their voices are public and if a person is too shy to speak up they can self censor.

Also, in discord you can change the output device. I sometimes use loose fitting buds for chat, with speakers for the engine drone; it makes it easier to hear talk without muting the sound of revs too much.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

No issues at all with being recorded/streamed. With language used all care taken, no responsibility accepted :)
  18. Rolz

Morning all!
    Server04 is up with a 6 lap sprint, will give me today to work out laps and what we do with force pits.
    @tezpez85 if u have time, please let me know if you get put into your car with skin :thumbsup:
    I'll then know I have it right for when other skins arrive :)
    tezpez85 likes this.
  19. Rolz

Oh anyone raced these cars back in April 2017 you should have a skins... possibly use them as a base to put a 2019 flare on them?
    Might make things easier/fast?
  20. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

I'm using them as a base for the ones I am doing. Should be able to upload them in a couple days provided work isn't ridiculously busy
    Bogor and Rolz like this.