DIVISION 2 - SEASON 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 22, 2019.

1. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Yell out during the week if you can't make a round, if there's 2 or more out I'll bung in some practice and do the race.
    I won't join if there's already 15, I've only ever seen grief from div.2 trying to get a room to cope with 16 connections. :(
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great race guys....There may be a protest pending so results are provisional at this stage...

Awesome to have a grid of 16...
    To see top 12 cars in qual split by just .6 of a sec was pretty cool...
    My night, to pinch pole by just .075 was a surprise....with a 37:3 i think..

I got a reasonable start, but screwed it up at turn 6 letting Disturboed through. Bad error, as i spent the next 18 laps in his draft waiting for a chance, that didn't come..... By the time we hit lap 20, i thought bugger it, ill pit and hope that he or bounty would make a mistake.... I pulled out of the pits in 3rd, glad that the early stoppers hadn't made ground in the clear air.

With 2 laps to go, Bounty pitted, and i managed to clear him by 2 sec, but couldn't do enough to catch Turbo, who drove an impeccable race, to get the win by 4 seconds....Happy with a pole and 2nd, judging by the times, will be a really close season.

Things looked to run pretty smooth, but we might have to bar XR8 from pressing any buttons until the race starts :roflmao:
    Spidey_11, Woody, Aykay and 4 others like this.
  3. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spidey_11 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  4. Anthonyb

My race
    Didn't qualify as well as I hoped but when you look at the times it didn't take much to be bumped down the field.
    Got a reasonable start then gave too much room at turn 1 and 3-4 and let a spot or 2. After a few early pit stops by some I found myself in a great battle with @Aykay and @Ant_427 after a few laps of this I decided to pit to get some clean air only to come out with @Spidey_11 @v8power383 and few others so no clean air just more fighting for track position.
    Got some good over taking done as well as some done on me.
    Had great fun with some good clean racing and to finish 6th in this field I was very happy.
    Well done @disturboed on the win and @stucar17 and @Bounty05 on rounding out the podium.
    Catch you on track
    Ant
    Spidey_11, Ant_427 and Woody like this.
  5. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    sensation qualifying results! So close
    Spidey_11 and Anthonyb like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Fast lap times are close too.
    Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  7. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    This might be the division to watch as the season goes on then!
    Really happy my quali time would have seen me start second here....not that my race pace would have done me any favours
    Anthonyb likes this.
  8. Anthonyb

We did a quali and short race before the race proper where I qualified first then won the race. Do you think I could hook the thing up again for the actual season race. No.:(
    Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  9. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Antlloyd what are your thoughts on our contact around lap 20 that let Freddie through? I couldn't save replay but from memory I didn't expect you to come that far down he track when I had a run on you. Did I do the right thing waiting or should I have kept going? I drove pretty badly after that but couldnt pull a big enough gap with my 10 sec penalty. I got greedy at pit in.
  10. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Hey Aykay, we battled for a few laps and had a couple of good exchanges but I can’t recall what happened there. I tried to look at the replay but again it only saved half of it. Apologies if I was in the wrong.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, results finalised, details in stewards thread
    Only change to points will be fastest lap goes to UrDon4.
  12. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  14. Anthonyb

15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some great racing last night guys on a tough track....
    I lost the plot from about lap 6 to 13 when the track cooled off.... Nearly lost it so many times....

Checked the replay and thankfully wasnt me that cost deafdude and Aykay their spots..... bad luck guys... kept the pressure on me almost all race.....

A little bummed i stuffed the start, but stayed within a second of Glenn for the first 8 laps before i lost touch.....He had a few issues along the way, so by the time i pitted he was about 24 sec ahead..... When i left the pit lane i had Blindman on my left and im sure he tried to give me room, but ended up on the grass and we came a bees dick from colliding !

When Glenn came out of the pits, he was only about a sec ahead....... so close if i hadn't have had 2 or 3 clench moments !

What could have been again ! Well done Glenn, great drive, and Aykay, Lloydy and Spidey all had great drives as well for 3rd to 5th....

There may be a protest, and i have to check Glenns fastest lap for track limits......

On to Road America for a polar opposite in track type ...
    Stu
    Ant_427, garyw61, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  16. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

I think that was me railing the tyre bundle through 7,8,9. I had 25 moments through there to be honest. If the last 2 races are anything to go by I'll be seeing a lot more of @Ant_427. Not really sure how I made it up to third. I think most passes were made after someone had an off in front or during pit cycle. I dig the strategy that pit stops bring.
    Ant_427, garyw61, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  17. Anthonyb

So my shifter is now disconnected
    Qualified 10 and hoping for a good start when the cars appeared on the start line my car started to roll forward so hard on the brake and clutch lights go green Ant bogs down going nowhere fast instantly to last I'm thinking what the hell is going on I'd bump my shifter into 4th and tge car doesn't like to take off in that higher gear:sick:
    The race was some great battles with turbo v8 bounty Gary just to name a few.
    Overall pleased that round is done was hardcwork but still enjoyed the fights.
    Congrats to the podium.
    Sorry if I put anyone off at the start with my bog down @Spidey_11
    Catch you on track
    Ant
    Ant_427 and Spidey_11 like this.
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Haha all good Ant, I half thought you did that so you wouldn't get caught up in turn 1 or 2.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  20. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Well done all for a good race on a tricky track. Good battle with aykay for several laps but just too quick in the end, well done mate. Congrats to the podium.
    Spidey_11, Aykay and Anthonyb like this.