GT Sport Season 6 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just started up gt sport, no mysterious updates for me
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Yup. Probably 8:10 pm
  3. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I did see you on track but you didn't seem to get off the line. Xlxy couldn't see you though. Hopefully not fatal tonight
  4. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Just want to make sure I'm right. On t3 of the chicane of death do I have to keep 2 wheels on/inside the white line or 2 wheels on/inside the edge of the chicane?
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you can cut it so much that only 2 wheels are on the ripple strip, as in 2 wheels have already gone further inside than the ripple strip and the outside 2 are on the ripple strip
  6. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    I see. Thanks Hatfield
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I reset my modem and turned off wifi. I get 2 ms ping 88.2 down and 36.11 up.
    Hopefully I will be OK for tonight.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    There was some good close racing tonight. :thumbsup: The field was so close even a little incident lost many places, I had to back out of the throttle just slightly the let a driver go ahead into the chicane and lost 3 places just there.:eek:
    Buster_Danis and Matthyus like this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Thanks all for the racing tonight. I also enjoyed watching the replay and have put together some race analysis from my perspective.

RaceOnOz S6 D3
    10/2/2019
    Dragon Trail Seaside II

Started in 8th with a high 46 in qualifying. Got into 5th place after the first corner, a good start. Pitted on lap 1 for RSS tyres (emmo46 and X-3vilm00n follow me in and change to RS) and came out in 11th.

BOMBCAT_097 and Azzbang237 pit on lap 2 (both on to RS) who were in front of me in 2nd and 3rd before I pitted on lap 1 and I jump them both moving in to 9th, so the undercut worked okay.

Half way though lap 3 BOMBCAT_097 passes without too much fight from me as didn't want to lose too much time battling and BOMBCAT_097 had the superior pace in qualifying. I tuck into BOMBCAT_097's slipstream for lap 4, but he touches the grass on the last of the esses and I nearly go past, but somehow he slots back in front of me without any contact.

I take 8th pace as the race leader deltron2016 goes into the pits for some RS tyres coming out in 12th; another big undercut. Turn 1 of lap 5 emmo46 try's to go around the outside of me and it is a drag race to the chicane, but I have the inside line and emmo46 backs out.

Lap 6 I catch the first of the RH runners, COME_AND_GET_ME7 and slot into 7th place after turn 1. Then BOMBCAT_097 goes wide again on the esses and spins out handing over 6th position. At the end of lap 6, OZIMO-TUBBY_85, Toranafan-02 and Se7endan pit for RS, RSS and RS tyres respectively putting me into 3rd.

Lap 7 I catch Buster_Danis who peels off into the pits for some RS tyres, but lap 8 deltron2016 is hot on my tail and we're side-by-side for most of lap 8 and 9 before he finally takes me just before the esses putting me back into 3rd.

I get some clean air until lap 14 where Toranafan-02 takes me around the outside of turn 1, great move. I then make a mistake around the hairpin allowing Se7endan to poke his nose on the inside, but I manage to stay in front up the hill and hold 3rd position.

Lap 15 I set my fastest time of 1:45.600, but the celebrations are short-lived as Se7endan sends one up the inside of turn 1 putting me back to 4th.

Lap 17 X-3vilm00n has caught me up and things get a bit awkward around the fast right-hander as he hits me in the rear sending me into the grass and before I know it, I'm back into 7th position (X-3vilm00n redresses and goes back to 8th) loosing about 5 seconds in the process. Oh well, that's racing. X-3vilm00n then takes me on lap 18 just before the chicane pushing me back to 8th, but I take back 7th on the next lap on turn 1.

Patg65 makes a challenge on lap 21 running a little wide on the right hand kink before turn 1 resulting in slight contact before going around the outside putting me back to 8th. OZIMO-TUBBY_85 also makes a move near the end of lap 21 putting me into 9th and he holds his position after turn 1 of the next lap as I try to go up the inside, but go too deep into the corner.

On lap 23 Buster_Danis in 6th place runs wide into the wall on the esses gifting me back 8th position. On the last corner of the last lap, Patg65 rubs doors with OZIMO-TUBBY_85 slowing down OZIMO-TUBBY_85 who I drag to the finish line just slotting into 7th place by 0.011 seconds. An exciting finish, but not through any skill of my own.

Overall race time of 43:02.858 which was 12 seconds off 5th place so couldn't have expected much better than 6th anyway even without my racing incident, so happy with 7th. Overall, an enjoyable start to the season with some fun battles, minor mishaps and some close moments. Thanks ROOZ!
  10. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    They were a couple of really fun laps ursine! What a battle!
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  11. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Here’s how my race went.
    First 22 laps - “how awesome is this race! - places swapping back & forth, slipstream passes, I’m in the thick of it, yeah baby bring it!”:D
    Lap 23 & 24 - “Kill me now!”:mad:
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @Buster_Danis tough luck on the evil wall towards the end!
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Some race photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TUBBSTER22, Noxrai and Tristan Jones like this.
  14. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
  15. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

12 racers within 32 seconds. Sounds like an epic race.
    Matthyus and Buster_Danis like this.
  16. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    Thank god i never have to deal with those horrid sweepers again lol
    JonoStan96 and Buster_Danis like this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING

HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 2 :
    Big Willow - 35 laps - 17:30 Fine - 17/2
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers
    Please be especially careful at the final turn (9). Side by side driving at T9 can cause the outside driver to be spilled wide and it is possible to get reset to track and even lose an entire lap.

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Hard Tyre. After that, one other set, of other compound tyres is allowed. (no limit on the amount of RH tyres). If you run out of fuel/tyres even after making a pitstop, you can pit a second time, however if you have already used a different set of racing tyres other than Hard, then you would need to change back onto the Hards.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Luke, Buster_Danis, Bluemoon and 2 others like this.
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nemo DSC on lap 3. FL 1:26.227
    Russell and Toranafan-02 like this.
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    DOES THIS MEAN YOU HAVE FINALLY WON AT YOUR FAVOURITE TRACK THAT YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO LOSE AT?!?
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep, I have won once before but that was after I had to appeal, This time I held it together and even though I couldn't get the times I had being doing in practice I was able to make the tires last after pitting on lap 1 for RS. I had Luke challenge me for the lead on his fresher RSS tires during the middle of the race but eventually tire wear got the better of him and I was able to pull away. It was a very satisfying win after so many attempts where I have been the fastest driver only to have things go wrong.
    pat65, Russell, UrsineSaturn9 and 5 others like this.