GT Sport Season 6 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Just threw it together. I even forgot transitions :eek::p
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Any chance of the dsc FL's?
  3. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    DSC’s. Took me awhile to work out how to upload photos correctly lol

[​IMG]
    @BMWF30328 end of lap 8
    [​IMG]
    @Zachery lap 14
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Looking very crowded coming up to the first chicane. Great driving by all to get through unscathed!
    Matthyus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  5. LennonLegend1993

I was on the inside of 3 wide at one point I’m pretty sure. Somehow about 6-7 of us managed to file in nicely and not have any first lap blunders.
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Yeah that really is a huge prop to everybody for being smart about that, definitely looked intense though haha I was tense lol. Great video mate, thanks!
    LennonLegend1993 and Matthyus like this.
  7. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thanks champ
    Pubs16 likes this.
  8. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    quali
    [​IMG]
    Race result
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Love your work
  10. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    you only have to ask
    if i race
    i will have this
    thats what a room captain is for.:whistling:
  11. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    its been a big day. too much food and drink. Birthdays get no easier with age lol ;)
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Happy birthday mate
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING

HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 2 :
    Big Willow - 35 laps - 17:30 Fine - 17/2
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers
    Please be especially careful at the final turn (9). Side by side driving at T9 can cause the outside driver to be spilled wide and it is possible to get reset to track and even lose an entire lap.

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Hard Tyre. After that, one other set, of other compound tyres is allowed. (no limit on the amount of RH tyres). If you run out of fuel/tyres even after making a pitstop, you can pit a second time, however if you have already used a different set of racing tyres other than Hard, then you would need to change back onto the Hards.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  14. LennonLegend1993

Looks like I’ll end +3 laps then.
    Matthyus likes this.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Come join us. We actuallu don't race at big willow, just rally it
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  16. LennonLegend1993

Am I allowed to just drive straight off at t9 and aim for the big sign in the background?
    Matthyus likes this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I don't try. It just happens naturally :D
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  18. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Would you believe I have Austin Powers myself twice going off that corner. Keep going and there is a small gap in one of the barriers. My car squeezed down there. Took me an age to get back out.
  19. LennonLegend1993

Season 2, my first season (and first ever sim racing season; never played before GTS :p) we raced at Big Willow. I hated it. Worst time of my life
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB, Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  20. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi everyone. For those who know me, great to be back., For those who don't, Hi. Haven't played/raced for about 6 months as my old PS3/G25 rig couldn't be adapted for GTSport/G29 - but built a new rig and last weekend was the first time I had spent any real time on the G29 and the pedal box is so so different. Lacking confidence at this stage so happy to be in Div 2 while I find my feet again. Last weeks disconnection was a bit of a bummer and it seemed to coincide with someone entering and then leaving the room. Not sure about the connection types but if people are running dongles - take note they can de-stabilise a whole room in my experience ( I ran one for about 12 months).
    Also not sure who, but someone made a desperate dive in Lap 3 when we 10/11 secs behind and were battling for 11th and 12th place (thanks to who ever had a braking test at the bus stop on lap 1). A late apex of a car in front does not mean that from behind you can turn in early, run wide and push the car in front off into the kitty litter on exit. We were all ready about 11 secs behind the pack . Suggestion is in that scenario, work together or find a safe, clean way to gain position please.. That sort of driving would normally bring a protest - but as I got disconnected - no point.. The key hint here is that battling at the back virtually never helps you get to the front. I would be amazed if anyone in the league is going to be blocking on lap 3 - especially while at the back of the pack, so relax, get your rhythm and if the guy in front sees he is holding you up at that stage, any decent driver will move over, let you go and follow...