GT Sport Season 6 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yes
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    But, only if someone who was on the grid tonight, can't make the re-run
  3. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I’m very sorry for what happened. The consequences were much greater this time than in Round 1, made worse by the fact the race was live streamed. Now where can I go to crawl up and die? :(:cry::thumbsdown:
    Apex_64 and Noxrai like this.
  4. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    A dark corner works well
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Rare footage uncovered of Jono not being taken out whilst driving a Renault Megane, circa 2019 (colorised)
  6. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Naturally this only occurs in a race that is deemed null, and will be lost to the history books in time.
    JonoStan96, razor4797 and Noxrai like this.
  7. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    2:22... poor driving, and no redress either. Thankfully it doesn’t matter
    Zachery likes this.
  8. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    After @holdenman05 and I got caught up with the stuck on grid @apex2691 it looked like i was going to have quite a lonely race. A few small mistakes and i couldn't keep up with the battling pack of @Hatfield and others.

Kinda happy i get to have another shot at it. I really need to improve my confidence on this track if im to keep up with guys in front of me. Im driving around just trying to stay on track where i think others are pushing the limit of what the car can do. #2ndchance
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    hard to say. no idea if @Russell reckons he had already lost it before contact
    Noremac likes this.
  10. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Looked like he had it under control and was in the process of straightening up. Then norm pushed into him.
    razor4797 likes this.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    You can't please everyone all the time Bryan, but at least you have pleased me. :p
    Noxrai likes this.
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Looks like demogarage will need a copy of div2 race.
    We even started early and tested the start, no last minute Larry shinanigans here.
    Amazing division. Our host is very competent at his job and thorough.
    Who do we contact to get a copy too :D
  13. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Haha, early start! More like, clicked the wrong button :rolleyes:

But yes, much competent. Host good.
    Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  14. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Are you joking mate? Clearly had nowhere to go on a narrow stretch of road. Russell lost it.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Russell and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    He had a good mentor :D
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  16. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    It's all good guys. I would of kept the car straight, but I would of almost came to a stop. I was all over the place at the start of ring. Norm could not of missed me without causing more trouble. I started driving ok after I got my crash out of the way lol.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 6 :
    Tokyo Expressway South Outer Loop - 27 laps - 18:00 Sunny - 17/3
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AT THE TIGHT SAUSAGE KERB CHICANE

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Hard Tyre. After that, one other set, of other compound tyres is allowed. (no limit on the amount of RH tyres). If you run out of fuel/tyres even after making a pitstop, you can pit a second time, however if you have already used a different set of racing tyres other than Hard, then you would need to change back onto the Hards.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching out of the hairpin.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Noxrai, Motors560, Russell and 6 others like this.
  18. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Running a slightly different look for tomorrows race. Charlie Whiting's passing shocked the motorsport community on the verge of the new F1 season. In my opinion he's one of the unsung heroes of the sport who had the respect of everyone in the f1 paddock. He was responsible for introducing the headrest, safety survival cell, front and side impact structures, high cockpit sides and the Halo device. He's been the race director in F1 for as long as I've been alive (1997). Even with controversies he leaves behind a legacy that will be nearly impossible to replace.

Will also be running the silver fern on the mirrors as a tribute to those who lost their lives in the terror attacks in Christchurch. And finally with happier news you may notice i have the number 5 on my car. Reason for this is because on Monday it'll be 5 years since i joined Raceonoz. It also explains the Raceonoz logo below Charlie's tribute.

[​IMG]
    razor4797, Apex_64, Matthyus and 6 others like this.
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Have to miss tonight as I have not done a lap of the track in any car, and won't have time today to do any. So I can't just rock up tonight after a few laps practice. I would be a hindrance out there. Havagoodnight, and good luck to all.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    pish posh! show up and get some laps in during pre-qually and qually
    if you're that slow, you will start last anyway right? so no one to hinder!
    StigsTC likes this.