DIVISION 2 - SEASON 6

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Not racing this weekend guys, will be away. Good luck all.
    Spidey_11 and Anthonyb like this.
  2. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  3. Blue XR8

Blue XR8 Rookie Gold Member

4. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Cool, I'll fix it up tomorrow
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Can I get a season full of 5th place finishes? :laugh:
    Anthonyb and Bounty05 like this.
  6. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Qualified 4th.
    Wanted a good start to get the jump on my bro but that wasn't the case he just edged infront. Put some pressure on him for 4 or 5 laps as Blue and Glenn battled upfront. Glenn had a small moment at turn 1 I think which put me off a little bit and let Stu and Blue get a gap.
    Sat in 3rd with Spidey and few others closing in. Spidey locked onto the back of me and with about 5 or 6 laps to go I clip the inside of turn 1 and I was 90 degrees to the track (well it felt that way) some how I caught it and dropped 2 spots. Got back to 4th which I was very happy with.
    Race 2
    Started 10th and punted V8 in the formation lap (Great start). Got a good run onto pit straight and waited to see what was going to happen from memory the first few laps where all good a few people slipped off tge road giving me a few spot. Thinking Stu Blue and Spidey would be closing in fast but I think their battle was slowing them a little.
    After about lap five as I entered the final turn Jim was sideways on the grass and went spinning into the pits at mack 10.
    I slowing found my way up to about 4th again with Blue and Ayka fighting me and turbo had a moment at turn 1 he was sideways going from the right hand side of the track and I just clipped the rear of his car letting Blue and Ayka past. They didn't get far away and I locked onto the back of them Blue had a small spin letting us past.
    Final lap and got a run on Ayka onto pit straight and got the move done through turns 1 and 2 held on to take 3rd.
    Great racing people had a ball
    Well done to the podium. Onto the moist round.
    See you on track.
    Ant
    Spidey_11 and Ant_427 like this.
  7. Anthonyb

8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    garyw61 and Anthonyb like this.
  9. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

A Couple away this week, only 13 last week, looks like it's time for.. . . .
    Enter the Reserve!

(If everyone's ok with that still)
    Telum, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  10. Anthonyb

See you around 7.30 mate
  11. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Good to be back, great racing tonight, clean and fast like it should be. Thanks everyone. :D
    Could've been chasing @disturboed to the flag if I hadn't half-spun twice dragging RHF through puddles inside T1!
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  12. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Good racing last night, enjoyed that one.

Q:2, R:1

In pre-race practice managed to get my PB to a 1.43.5 which I was fairly happy with, and then bettered that in a short run before official qualy, down to 1.42.8. In actual Quali I went a bit faster again and got it down to 1.42.4 i think it was. I was then shocked a lap later as Stimson pulled one from god only knows where and got the mother of all drafts in S1 (yea thanks Gary :p) and he took the pole by just under 2 tenths.

Race start and I actually get it off the line OK, I had been struggling with that a bit in the wet. Tucked in behind Stimson into T1, and got a little nudge by Natman i think it was into T2 and it push me off track, but thankfully, not into a spin, so I Was able to rejoin after T3 still in P2. Ahead I noticed Stimson seemed to be struggling a little with the high fuel load and was sliding wide into the turns, so after he ran a little deep into the T6 double right complex i dived down the inside and came out in P1.

From there it was just keeping it on the black stuff and keeping an eye on track conditions to work out when to pit. The track started to dry out relatively quickly as I thought it would after qualy wasn't really overly wet. I was going to pit end of lap 10 as the track had some big dry patches, but went one more. I decided by T4 to definately pit as the front left was heating up quite quickly. Dived into the pits, put on the slicks and started to bang out some laps, going quicker and quicker each time. Caught up to some guys who had delayed their stop only a lap or 2 later.

Getting to the end of the race, I did my fastest lap on the 3rd last lap, and finished with a gap to 2nd of about 19 seconds. Well chuffed. Well done to natman on his return and to aykay for backing up his impressive performance last round.

Onto Germany!
    stucar17, Aykay, Ant_427 and 4 others like this.
  13. Anthonyb

14. Anthonyb

Qualified 6th

Got a good start getting a jump on @stucar17 all clean through turn 1 and 2. Settled into 5th and tried to come to terms with the spray.
    Came into turn 1 on lap 2 and started to brake a little earlier than I would usually and touched the outside ripple strip the back stepped out and sent me to the right side of turn 2 as soon as the car Hit the blue painten strip on the outside of turn 2 I was a passenger reentering the the track sideways into @stucar17, @garyw61 and @Urdon4. Very sorry for stuffing your races.
    Let everyone go and got on with my race.
    Had a great battle trying to get past Gary and finally got it done with some great side by side racing. Picked up a few spots with poeple making mistakes and pitted on lap 12.
    Was up to 7th with Don and Stu just up ahead finally locked onto the back of Don but he was driving a good defensive race and even though I thought I had the pace I couldn't get past. I notice that he was starting to run wide on a few corners so I pushed a little hard and eventually got past with 1 lap to go so any chance of getting in front of Stu was done and I had to be happy with 6th.
    I was really disappointed in myself after the spin "A" for stuffing other people's races sorry again and "B" I knew I had the pace to push for a podium. But it wasn't to be.
    Congratulations to the podium
    Catch you on track
    Ant
    stucar17, disturboed, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  15. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Q11 R2
    I had very minimal practice and didn't expect great things after qualifying stone last +2.7s off pole. Had a good start off the line and picked up a couple and settled in for the first lap. Managed to avoid the lap 2 melee and was somewhere around 5th at that point. I was learning new lines watching people and it felt like with the drying track that my times were coming down every lap. I nudged someone in the back a couple of times early on to no effect other than probably pissing them off (sorry). The worst offence was going for a gap on Glenn that quickly disappeared. He was very sideways and I was getting ready to redress but his skill sorted that out so thanks.

The last third of the race was some of the most fun I've had racing against Glenn. I finally got past but Natman was catching up and got into 3rd behind me in the closing stages. I wasn't risking a late, last corner lunge so I drove defensively into the last corner.

Overall it was a real, risk v reward kind of race in tricky conditions. Stoked with the result.

See you out there!
    Ant_427, stucar17, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some good racing the other night guys, well done to turbo for the win, Aykay for 2nd and Nat for a 'welcome back' 3rd....

My night was a case of damage limitation, almost zero practice, and mid pack pace which was always going to be interesting in the first few laps with the spray.

Qualied 5th, which was about par, just hoping to get on the back of the front pack and see what happened....When numb nuts ran out of talent at turn 2, i didnt have time to miss him, and watched the front pack drive away...... Had a good battle with Gary for a few laps till i got the pass done down the back straight, and a couple of others fell off, which saw me back up into 5th, with the 2,3,4 drivers about 11 sec ahead..... The gap stayed about the same for the last 14 laps after my pit stop, where Don got the undercut on me...... Thankfully he ran wide at turn 5 and i got through, back up to 5th, with don and ant fighting amongst themselves to give me a little breathing space.....

On to Hockenheim, twilight race where getting used to the shadows will be the biggest challenge.

Stu
  17. Anthonyb

Ask your crew to put some better lights on your car for this round stu so you can see you blind old git
    disturboed likes this.
  18. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    May or may not make it for the race on Sunday fellas, not sure what time i'll be home from F1
  19. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Also at.F1 Marshalling. Not sure if I'll make it
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

I'm at turn 8.3 come say hi