ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Well @Godzilla and I had a really good run on the ROOZ hosted server last night... set prac for an hour and then 10min Qual and 15min race.
    There was a definite loss of front grip when one was too close behind exiting a corner... I thought it was a once off stuff up, but happened to me twice in the race... certainly was impressed that this was noticeable and makes me more excited to do some more online racing.
    Items still needing to fix
    There is definitely still a noticeable micro-stutter when someone else comes online - unsure if it's car related Godz and I were both in the Lambo
    Also the server sits on 0% cpu when idle, but when ppl jump on it goes up to 100% cpu usage.
    I'm sure they will find a fix soon :)
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I went into some mp servers last night, saw a few more Aussie servers however I may as well have ran offline as there was nobody else in any of them. I still dont think I have done a single mp race in ACC so have no idea how it works. I did some in the first mp builds but it was pretty much broken with no real race start, timing or even finish lol.

Is there even any info about how long a race is other then in the server lobby? I haven't been on the SIM rig much but seems if I'm going to fire something up I tend to choose ACC first. Then get stuck in the one more lap loop until it's pretty late so the other Sims aren't getting much use atm but wanting to give a few more a run as there have been updates since I went away.

No idea how the ratings will be implemented and filtering will be but this is one thing I really hope they sort out in ACC. Would be nice to just be able to load up the game any night and find a server with good standards of racing and not the regular mp Muppets in open servers.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Peter Wise and Rolz like this.
  3. Rolz

yesterday was AC fun run, but I plan on being back on ACC tonight... @Godzilla also has the taste now too so he might also be tempted to jump on... there is a AK league test with ACC on Sunday... I'm hoping to make it so I want to get some serious prac for it to be ready...
    @Bogor would probably join us if he can get his settings to play nice as he's having performance issues atm... mebbe an opportunity to test and tune there?
  4. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I'll see if I can sort out the performance issues. Not sure if it is related to running OBS as well. I'll try lowering some of the settings etc.
    Hopefully @Godzilla doesn't bully me off the track in this one :p
    Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  5. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Dang it, I must have just missed you guys. I was online watching the ROOZ server, but, then went off to do a race against AI. When are you going back to ACC next?
    Rolz likes this.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Rolz likes this.
  7. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Dunno if this is useful here. Know nothing about Server setup, but thought this looked good.
  8. Rolz

thnx mate! will check out tomorrow :)
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

No promises :)
    Bogor likes this.
  10. Rolz

Nice that someone has setup a bit of a GUI way of getting a server going... has potential if ACC doesn't release their own server manager... also has potential once ACC release more (any) server admin related commands.
  11. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Rolz and KoAStR like this.
  12. Rolz

13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Rolz likes this.
  14. Rolz

I suspect there will be a horde on tonight! :D
    But would love to get a non-VR user to test admin commands
    Did u see that they fixed the safety rating depreciation issue? That explains what u were experiencing.

So much to test, so exciting!
    Note - quite a few ppl on the forums have had to reset pedal/wheel settings, I was one of them.
  15. Rolz

16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I see you got the server up, yea I figured something was wrong with my SA rating just tanking once I went online with only 1 contact in all my mp running and only a small amount of off tracks. :oops:

Ive got tennis tonight but will jump into the server now for some testing, need to actually read up on the admin commands etc as I looked at the server files and was lost. Kind of glad you beat me to the punch.

Having the 3 track medals is a decent start to at least make sure people that join can get around the track SA limits will need to be tested later as everyone is back to 0 again.
  17. Rolz

Was working from home today so made time to read all the forums :D
    Only really 3 commands, kick/ban/next and restart apparently is dodgy...
    Bogor likes this.
  18. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Anyone keen for a race or two tonight?
  19. Rolz

20. Rolz

But I'll be on tonight anyway :p