ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Rolz likes this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Sorry Bud! Clearly i don't check the sit often enough!! :p I'll see if i can catch you guys another time; just got quite a bit going on with iRacing right now
    Rolz likes this.
  3. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Thanks for the races last night, gents. Certainly made a lot of progress with my setups and had a lot of fun. Looking forward to the Thursday night races
    andyo450, marty and Rolz like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Guys we are going to change up the raceononz ACC servers, thanks to Rolz for setting up 2.

There will be one server with a password and no restrictions. This you need to search the server name for it to come up, just search raceonoz and it should show with the password being "ROOZ"

The other server will have restriction of needing 3 track medals and SA 50 atm.

To get 3 track medals you need to run 4 clean reasonable pace laps at the track in possibly any session but hotlap. Cant run off track and needs to maintain reasonable control, this just makes sure people in the server at least know the track. Anyone here should easily be able to manage this but let us know if your struggling.

The SA or safety rating is built up over time driving with traffic, I really dont know what number to set this at atm with the rating reset at build 0.7 so if any people interested in racing ACC here let and us know what rating your at and we can try lower this initially then find a level later on that works well for good public racing.

In order to get an SA rating you first need to get 50+ in all other catergories. If there arent many in mp it is easier to do this racing AI, just try to minimize contact, run fairly close and avoid excessive off tracks.
  5. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

So, which server for tonight?
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

the one we can get the most on i guess? :)
    andyo450 and marty like this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think probably the password one unless everyone interested here lets us know their track medals and SA rating so we can adjust this to also keep it open to new users not on the forum.

Ideally it would be better to have a public server to also find some new members that stumble across the server but if the racing in there is crap its not going to encourage too many new people to join.

Early on many havent found the ratings they will eventually get to so the password server will help everyone here at least be able to get in.

We will be on discord so can work put and adjust servers as needed.
    andyo450, Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  8. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Yeah, I only just unlocked my safety rating last night, which means it's a big fat 0
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

A heads up for anyone that wants to join the passworded server, you need to search for raceonoz as private servers arent shown by default.

Then there is a small password box bottom right where you need to input "ROOZ"
    [​IMG]
    Rolz likes this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys for the racing tonight, some good battles in there and I think numbers will grow fairly quick post release in ACC as its pretty good fun I think already. :D

Server wise I figured out the rain and so made both servers a bit randomized and they may get rain at times, was one line in our config files in the wrong place. These have changed a few times but steam wasn't picking up changes for me until I did a full reinstall of the game.

Server 1 is open with SA 40 and track medals 3 for entry, with practice 20 qualy 10 and race 20.
    Server 2 is pass worded "ROOZ" but no other restrictions currently same session lengths at Misano.

These servers can be changed up if there are any requests. The restricted entry one means you need to get at least 50 rating in each area until you unlock SA. I think the other ratings already get calculated ingame before they unlock so all your laps should help this out.

The track medal you can see TR rating in your driver profile and just need this at 3 for that particular track. This is just 4 clean laps with no major control loss, off tracks and at reasonable pace. The SA rating needs some racing in traffic, this can be MP or with AI and rates how clean you are. We will set this at 30 to start with but once all here raise their rating a bit we can up this if needed, depending on how clean the new joiners end up being.
  11. Rolz

Still good to watch about ratings... :thumbsup:
    andyo450 likes this.
  12. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Got a message from my brother this morning. Said he is pretty keen to join up with us on Thursday nights once he gets ACC, so, add another to the list :D
  13. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    From assetto corsa Facebook page
    We're thrilled to announce that Assetto Corsa Competizione will leave Steam Early Access on May 29th 2019 ➡️ https://bit.ly/2FZJgVJ

Thanks to the extraordinary quality of the simulation, Assetto Corsa Competizione will allow players to experience the real atmosphere of the BLANCPAIN GT SERIES championship, including official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.

For more info, head over to the Steam store page. #beACC
  14. Rolz

15. Rolz

Tried out a Euro server last night and had heaps of fun!
    Anyone up for joining me for an Aussie invasion tonight?
    24+ drivers, really clean (SA50 required)
    I wasn’t the fastest, but certainly wasn’t last... great fun!!
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server wise I am now trying one of our servers at SA80, my reasoning is after running a bit in it with @Godzilla @Rolz and @Andy but mostly with Godzilla lately. SA 50 or no restriction has no effect on people joining.

At SA80 everyone in should be a good racer and it may even attract some if they see this where SA50 isnt enough to interest better racers. It clearly should be much better then open or SA50 servers which mostly just eliminate blatant wreckers. In the early access period the numbers are quite down anyway but once its released I think of we can host at least 1 pu lic server with high level fair racing, this may encourage more to join our league when we start some ACC seasons.

The other server will remain open or we can password it if someone would prefer to run with friends there, any combo can be put on any of the servers if anyone has a suggestion. Also Monday nights the ACC servers will be down as the main AC league runs then and we dont want this to have any impact on the race night servers.
    Spidey_11, Godzilla, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  17. Rolz

Spidey_11 and marty like this.
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I'm trying to map buttons to my McLaren GT3 rim in ACC but it doesn't recognise my button presses on the rim. Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I assume thats a fanatec rim? Sorry dont have any of their gear but I did see something about the dials needing to be switched to a different mode. By default they keep sending a signal but can be changed to send a signal only when the position is moved. The constant pulse means it gets picked up when trying to map any other buttons or something along thise lines.
  20. Rolz

I recently had something similar with re-configuring my F1LE wheel... what helped was deleting the controls.json file and staring fresh... HTH