Season 7 - Division 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 17, 2019.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    League rules and regs : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Good Racecraft guide : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/
    Protest procedure : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/
    Results tables will be posted here:

Start Date :
    Car :
    BMW PROCAR M1
    [​IMG]

Tire Regs : Accelerated Wear
    Qualifying regs : 10 Min Qual - Pit lane open
    Start Time : Qual start at 8:10 EST - Race start @ 8:20pm
    Room Host : @Ad2mny
    Back Up Host : @VARDZ
    Room Captain/s : Ad2mny, @ozzy_bro ? @Jim_aka_The_Man ?

Track list
    ROUND 1 (5th May) - Spa-Francorchamps - 19 laps
    - Race Date - 2/7/19
    - Qual Time - 2pm
    - Race Time - 3pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Med Cloud - RACE : Heavy Cloud / Med Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    12th May Mothers Day Bye
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ROUND 2 (19 May)
    - Monza GP Historic - 29 laps
    - Race Date - 9/7/19
    - Qual Time - 2pm
    - Race Time - 3pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Light Cloud - RACE : Med Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear / Med Cloud
    ROUND 3 (26 May)
    - Donnington GP - SPRINT ROUND
    - Race Date - 16/7/19
    - Qual Time - 2pm
    - Race 1 Time - 3pm - 16 LAPS
    - Race 2 Time - 4pm - 17 LAPS (1 formation lap)
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Med Cloud - RACE 1 : Light cloud / Clear - RACE 2 : Clear / Med Cloud
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO
    - TYRE WEAR : NORMAL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ROUND
    4 (2nd June) - Silverstone Classic GP - TWILIGHT RACE - 30 laps
    - Race Date - 23/7/19
    - Qual Time - 6pm
    - Race Time - 7pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Light Cloud - RACE : Med Cloud / Light Cloud / Med Cloud / Clear
    9th June Long Weekend Bye
    ROUND 5 (16th June)
    - Imola - DRY TO WET RACE - 25 LAPS
    - Race Date - 30/7/19
    - Qual Time - 2pm
    - Race Time - 3pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Med Cloud - RACE : Light cloud / Med Cloud / Heavy Cloud / Light Rain
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ROUND 6 (23rd June)
    - Brand Hatch GP - 30 Laps
    - Race Date - 6/8/19
    - Qual Time - 2pm
    - Race Time - 3pm
    - Weather Slots - Qual : Overcast - RACE : Heavy Cloud / Med Cloud / Light Cloud / Clear
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ROUND 7 (30th June)
    - ENDURO - Zolder - 58 Laps
    - Race Date - 13/8/19
    - Qual Time - 3pm
    - Race Time - 4pm
    - Weather Slots - QUAL : Med Cloud - RACE : Light Cloud / Fog / Clear / Light Cloud
    - Time progression - X16

DIVISION 3
    Starting Grid (provisional)

1. Fatmix68
    2. tuddy
    3. Seowster
    4. Ranlod
    5. the_squidah
    6. JamesH_1999 (new member) - friend of Squidah
    7. Ad2mny
    8. Trooper_357
    9. Micmansour
    11. @Telum (familiaGTR)
    12. @agolfer78
    13. @Jim_aka_The_Man
    14. revhead_1000
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    George and VARDZ like this.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    G'day all. Lots of new names to me here, been with GT sport for a few season but don't like the car for the coming season so thought I would return to the dark side for a season or two... @stucar17 NBN with a strong connection, have been hosting Jono's endurance series without issues so if you are looking for a host I am happy to give it a crack... will need some refreshers on the ins and outs. Great car choice and awesome to have some thought provoking tyre strategy. see ya on track
    stucar17 and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, @Ad2mny is going to try to host tonight, ill also post this up in the PSN chat....

@VARDZ , might be worth trying your connection as well as a back up.....
    Track list will be released very soon
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok all,
    Track list is up in opening post..

We have gone full retro with the tracks being part of the actual Procar seasons back in 1979 and 1980.
    That includes Zolder, Silverstone and Monza in 1979 and Donnington, Brands Hatch and Imola in 1980.
    We went with Spa for the 7th race, as its a track we havent done for a while and suited the flow of the car.
    PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
    - Tyre wear is on ACCELERATED. The car is a bit of a tyre eater, so your call, go for 2 stints on softs and slow at the end of each stint, or hards at the stop and have better tyre wear in second stint
    - There have been some people experience a bit of a difference between the "stable" and "loose" setting. Please try this out to see what is your faster and more comfortable for you.
    - If there are any glaring issue, please let me or Ads know, the only thing we didnt test (i will tonight) was pit pays at the old tracks..... ads and i ran out of time to test !

Hope its a great season guys.... No prize pool as yet, hope to have the shirts sorted by seasons end so div winners might get one of those if we can ..... :)
    Cheers Stu and Ads
    George and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.
  5. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Happy to be a room captain and backup backup host. Just got NBN so should be ok if required.
    George and stucar17 like this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Will be running a full distance room each week on either Wednesday or Thursday nights (or both?!). Looking to open at about 8pm and racing at 8:30. If you see me online send me a message if you’re interested in joining.
    seowster and Jim_aka_The_Man like this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Have added you in here @agolfer78 !
    Hope thats ok !
  8. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Bit late notice any chance i can either div 3 or 4 tonight? Pretty much just gonna play this season with very little or no practice
  9. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

fun race all, and congrats to the top 3! there was not much difference in pace from top to bottom.. looks to be a fun season ahead
    see you guys in two weeks :)
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What an opener! Even after a couple of oopsies to take the win I can’t be happier. My only real Achilles heel is not being able to shift back to first gear without nearly spinning out.

Hopefully I can keep up the results for at least a few more rounds! Great racing and well done also to @seowster and @fatmix68, was a fun battle most of the race.

11. Schumi03

Schumi03 Rookie

PSN ID
    TROOPA_357
    Thanks Ad for the replay. Nice Driving. I think i got it all wrong, i went stable set up given track time i had and the gearing was out of wack I think. Also i put hard tyres on in pit to be safe. very bad choice. I notice you going straight from 5th to 3rd, you using shifter i presume? might need to dust mine off....
    btw i wasn't able to safe replay it said the file was too big, not sure if anyone else had that problem...
    thanks again for hosting.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep I’m on a shifter but I can’t heel-toe brake so there’s that. Also you can only store about 2-3 replays max before it says not enough memory.
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  13. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

So quick tip - the car doesn't like hards? I was in clear air most of the race but struggled for a bit in the middle part of the race.

How much time does the shifter help with? I was rocking cockpit view fr the first time in yonks wasn't happy with my overall pace but think I got used to it near the end.

Hoping I can manage qualifying a bit further up the grid next time round :D. Overall however going to be a challenging season as whilst I think I was matching everyone on laps give or take the gains were minimal which is great that everyone is here or there abouts :) and there isn't a massive drop off from top to bottom of the field.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Shifter helps but you need to be able to heel toe for down shift
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    If you watch my vid, I’m rev-matching (sort-of) on downshifts, but unless the car is almost stopped it won’t go into first without kicking the rear out. I’m running auto-clutch too. I reckon I’d be faster with the paddles just because I could get it in first, but it’s heaps more fun with the shifter, plus I can move my hands around on the wheel more because I don’t need to keep them near the paddles. TBH I thought I’d get my butt handed to me using the shifter, as I was noticeably slower in testing... but in the same breath I never hit 27’s before!
  16. micmansour

micmansour Rookie

PSN ID
    micmansour
    Great race, shame about my spin outs, was in the top 4 or 5 for most of it :(
    I was rocking clutch and shifter, man what a workout after 40+ minutes! Heal-toe definitely a must.
    I love the track, but can't stand that last chicane - bloody FIA ruined Spa by forcing it in there!
    Dunno why I challenge myself, had authentic assists, hence no ABS, plus interior view had no mirror. Might have to turn both on for the next round.
    Didn't think I'd enjoy this car this much, but it's awesome to race, and definitely needs loose setup!
    I reckon if one wanted to, you could drive the entire race with softs without pitting. Can we make the pitstops optional for the next one! ;)
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    If you want to pit and not change tyres, just add 1 litre of fuel and off you go...

Only the stop is mandatory, what you do in there is up to you
    micmansour likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    No
  20. VARDZ