GT Sport Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 1 : Suzuka Circuit - 24 laps - 5:00 Sunny - 5/5
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED IN QUALIFYING)
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : You must start on the Tyre you qualify on (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED DURING QUALIFYING). You must use one set of RACING MEDIUM tyres during the race. (no limit on the amount of RACING SOFT tyres).

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching into T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

Also please note what @stucar17 has said which applies for all racing on rooz:
    FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  2. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    It will be interesting to see how the Div, pans out with so many Gr8 drivers.
    Buster_Danis and Matthyus like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if only they could pit themselves against the great easyprey...
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
  5. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 1
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Rueing a missed opportunity tonight.
    Too many off road trips to be in contention for a podium finish. All self inflicted. Although reasonably happy with 4th place finish for me first race in D3.
    Kudos to @emmo46 , @Bluemoon and @Buster_Danis on their win and podium finishes.
    Well done to @JAKO155 on your first win in D4.
    @Tristan Jones and @T F Eccles also well done on your 2nd and 3rd place finishes.

Let's hope for a few more racers next week.
  7. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I should be happy with a podium, but this race left a bitter taste in my mouth!
    Even before qualifying I knew I was in trouble, with signs something was amiss with my G29.(not the first time either)
    Throttle was cutting in and out & I was losing a second or two per lap. I tried to live with it by jumping off & on the gas every time it happened but it was happening in first second & third gears every lap. Arrgghh! Had a decent start & managed to get to first from 4th on the grid by the time we started the second lap but with the issues couldn’t create a big enough gap to @emmo46 & @Bluemoon but stuck to strategy & held a very slim lead until I pitted on lap 10. RMs combined with throttle issue were a nightmare. Stayed on RMs until lap 15 then back to RS but tried too hard too catch up and had a couple of sand excursions during the last stint. Well done to those mentioned above for the win and second place. I can’t help but think the win should have been mine today but was totally let down by equipment failure.
    Does anyone know if Fanatec do Afterpay? :cry::thumbsdown:
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Matthyus and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You were looking good for the first half of the race, I hope you can get the wheel sorted for the remaining rounds. This looks as if it is going to be a very close season.
    Buster_Danis and Matthyus like this.
  9. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Absolutely emmo. Wish I could be up there as well but I have a feeling that my pace on the wheel this season is going to be too far behind. Otherwise, it’d be an interesting season! Same with @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB using a wheel this season for the first time.
  10. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Try map one of the buttons on the wheel for throttle use it when it happens
    Tristan Jones and Buster_Danis like this.
  11. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I’d rather throw the bloody thing in the bin but I may have to give it a try for now. Thanks easy!
  12. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Oh but for a minor brain fart going into the Casio triangle on the last lap, 6th and 2nd in 3B would have been mine. I missed my brake marker, went deep in to the green of the triangle and a poor recovery meant @Tristan Jones pipped me at the post by 1/4 of a car length.

We'd both pitted on lap 16 (?) came out almost glued together with a clean out lap. Then on the next flying lap Jonesy went off at turn one and I followed him. I recovered sooner and got away. Knowing he was a little faster than me I put in some fast laps to build the gap out to 7 secs. After that relaxed back to normal race pace knowing that fuel would be marginal in the last lap. Fuel saved on the last lap knowing I had a defensible buffer and then....idiot! Oh well we're not playing for sheep stations as my old master used to say.

Other than that a fun race I thought.
  13. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Mine does it all the time, I blow all mine out with compressed air to get rid of the dust
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  14. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Serious? that’s all to fix the problem? Wow Sounds like a plan!
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Try the compressed air method first but if you're feeling brave, take the cover off the pedals and give the potentiometer of the throttle a squirt with contact cleaner (see below for examples). Take the cover off with care, follow these instructions as supplied by GTEye - you only probably need to go as far as step 4, the potentiometer can be seen in the right-hand pic a step 5 on the side of the metal mount. Give that a squirt with contact cleaner then actuate the pedal a few times. Do the others while your there.

And also check your cables and connections for loose fitting or crimped areas. Hope that helps.

Contact cleaner...
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I am so happy to have won race 1 in my hero's car. :)
  17. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Well done to all, especially to to @T F Eccles and @JAKO155 for giving me some tight competition! I found some corners I was catching you Producer...where you on RS on your first stint?

After deciding to go with a 2 stop race as fast as you can go strat, i knew I could vary it a bit - but then following producer i went off track and missed pits by the time i got back on - resulting in 0.6 laps of fuel needing to last a lap, map 2 and shortshifting got me to the end of the back straight then i ran out, and limped through the triangle to pits. I was still within range of producer, but lost my rhythem, and going from empty tank RS to half tank RM threw me too!

With the different strategies possible, I knew my 5th was unlikely to be true race position, so i intended to keep an eye on the positions - but found this track is really hard to take your eyes off the track! And that threw me even more. So I set about just getting some clean laps back in, and got to my second stop, getting offf the RM back to RS. Producer now out of sight, I saw Col catching up, knowing he is usually on my pace, I was watching the gap but fairly confident, knowing I got a couple of race distances of practise in this week, though wasn't sure where he qualified - but I didn't have a geat qually anyway.

Came out of pits on fresh RS ready to make up time - Col right behind me, so I thought I would build a quick gap and push the first corner that i usually had a good advantage at...and spun it into the sand coming off the brakes too quick....soon found out on party chat that col did too! Alas, he found the track before me and was a few seconds ahead of me before long. He maintained a 2-3 second gap for a while, then he grew the gap half a second in some corners..causing me to push and make a few mistakes...and the gap grew to 7 seconds. In the last 2 laps I closed the gap down to 5 or so...then suddenly he was ghosting in front of me on the final straight - i try and give as much throttle as i could without spinning...and finish a fraction in front to much adrenaline!! Well done Col, almost had me, I almost waited in hesistation, glad I jumped while I could!
  18. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

@holdenman05 , @Easyprey007 & @T F Eccles thanks to all of you for the tech advice regarding G29. Pulled it apart, Blew all dust out then went to SCA & purchased some contact cleaner, sprayed the pots and hey presto we’re back in business!
    Yee haa!! :D:thumbsup:
  19. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Fiddle with its bits, give it a good blow and spray all over it to make it nice and wet. Who would of thought.
  20. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Geez you make it sound so exciting! I think I need a shower & a cigarette now!
    Last edited: May 7, 2019