Season 19 - Tatuus FA01

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, May 4, 2019.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Yeah @KoAStR the smooth feel is the first thing you notice and then the extra information coming through from the FF shines through. I'm sure I'm catching more slides now :). The LC brake is helping too with more feel and precision. Only time will tell if I'm any faster but it sure as hell feels more immersive that's for sure! I didn't get the shifter. How are you finding it? I bet it's nice :)
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I have had the shifter for a couple of years now (paired up with my old G25)... and I love it. Especially for DirtRally where I regularly switch it between h-pattern and sequential mode, plus there's one car in the game that justifies the 7th gear in h-pattern :geek:
    krunch likes this.
  3. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Good luck all tonight i'm out this week as i'm moving house. Be back for next week
    Rolz likes this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

5. Rolz

Server04 is up for Next Week's race

Round 3: 20/5/19
    Normal Round - Barcelona GP
    Fuel and Tyres - Forced Pit.
    Laps enough for a 45min race, will put up soon
  6. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Congrats to @andyo450 and @krunch on the podium.
    Not having much success in carving out the mistakes this season. Another few races with too many serious errors. The Tatuus' rear gets unsettled very easily over kerbs and I'm finding them too often. It could be simply track knowledge, but others seem to get around just fine. Will attempt to clean it up for next round.
    andyo450 and krunch like this.
  7. krunch

Congrats @andyo450 and @tezpez85 for yet again untouchable pace.

Mosport - what great track! Haven't raced it for around a decade o_O. I have to say this round was one of the best rounds I've had at Rooz. I've never had a double podium sprint round and it's a long time since any podium at all. Stoked!

As always there was plenty of great racing by all.

Qualy: Managed a few clean laps to set some PB's which nabbed me P3

R1: Gambled a bit on medium tyres hoping I could mix it with Andy and Tez and get out of slipstream range of those behind me. It worked at first and after Tez had a spin I was in P2 with clear air in front and behind. But Tez recovered and loomed in my mirrors. I needed a good exit onto the back straight if I was to stop him drafting past but the pressure told and I put a wheel over the outside curb and spun. That also let Gozilla past and I had a bit of work to do if I was to get back onto the podium. I also had to nurse the medium tyres more now as the spin had not done them any favours. I was only making small progress towards Godzilla but after a while he also had a spin which let me back into 3rd. I then had to nurse the medium tyres home which were starting to go into the red. Fortunately the gap behind was enough for me to ease off a little and make the finish in 3rd.

R2: Starting near the back was a bit daunting although as a regular mid pack runner having 10 or so cars ahead on the grid is a pretty common sight for me :roflmao:. This time I opted for the more sensible hard compound tyre. It was an action packed race but early on it was hard to make progress. Patience was the order of the day. The only positions I gained initially came from other's going off track. I also bottled up Andy for a few laps as he was being just as cautious as I was. When he finally got past me I was hoping to pick up the crumbs as he moved forward. I did manage a couple of passes down the back straight after he'd gone through but by mid race I was still mid field. I soon found I was glued to the back of @mesafto who was recovering from an earlier moment. He and I seemed to have similar pace and I couldn't find a way past. When he managed to pass someone I'd quickly follow, until late in the race he and I were battling for the final podium position. After a couple of failed passing attempts it came down to the last lap. I got a good run onto the back straight and managed to get in front with an overlap by the right hander.

What followed was epic. Side by side, inches apart for the three final corners of the race with each giving just enough racing room to the other. Coming out of the last corner we had a small bump but the drag to the line was soooo close. Bad luck Mesafto on missing out on the podium by such a small margin but it was an incredible dual and a pleasure to race with you :). Great driving.

Win or lose that's what RaceOnOz is all about :thumbsup:
    jlynn777, andyo450, tezpez85 and 2 others like this.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    krunch likes this.
  9. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Well done @tezpez85 and @krunch on the podiums. That was a fun combo.

Qually was ridiculous. I did 2 laps 0.01 apart, one was good enough for pole and the other wasn't. Seriously close. Nice work there Tez.

I hadn't done a race distance so I chose the mediums for race 1. When I saw everyone else was on hards I realised that may have been a mistake. I had to defend from Tez a few times but he made a slight error a few laps in which gave me some breathing room. I think it was lap 10 when the left rear went red on the tyre app. Then with two laps to go I realised I was about half a lap short on fuel so I had to do a little bit of fuel saving.

I put the hards on for race 2. I was pretty steady during the first few laps but then once the field spread out a little bit I was able to use the slipstream down the back straight to make my way through the field.

Pretty happy with that round. I managed to keep it pretty clean with only a few small errors at that double right hander.

I've found any sort of throttle input over kerbs or even cambered bits of road will spin the car really quickly, so probably best to only use the kerbs to help carry momentum through some corners. Anything where you'll be hard on the power stay off them.

Catalunya is gonna be slipstream heaven, looking forward to it.
    tezpez85, Bogor and krunch like this.
  10. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Ditto @krunch , That was an epic ~10 laps, not much in it between us. unfortunately for me I was gentle going into the double right hander after losing it a few times. Your summation of the final three corners is accurate, respectable, side by side action!! I don't have replays saving at the moment but would be great to post a vid if you can.
  11. krunch

I haven't got a video but you can have the replay files of the two races:
    https://drive.google.com/uc?id=18S_21bNCgZNeq0poGwVLgqnFThSezf1d&export=download
  12. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I'll be out again tonight still getting setup at home and waiting on a wheel stand. Hopefully back next week
    Rolz likes this.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hey guys,

I just changed my name to this from DrSlow as I realised when I went online to race for the first time at the weekend that DrSlow (of course...!) was already some kind of simracing dude.

Anyway I have been following this thread and since I got my rig a week ago and practicing a heap to try and get up to speed - well not really speed but up to not being a danger to everyone around me. I have really been enjoying running Barcelona GP in GT3 cars (I am liking the Audi R8 Ultra) and the Tatuus FA01 and to be honest I cannot believe how much fun I am having - I feel like a kid with a giant grin on my face every time I sit in my rig and open up AC.

I am way off pace right now but looking forward to doing some practice with you guys sometime to find out exactly how far and if I can steal a tip or two.
    Rolz, andyo450, KoAStR and 1 other person like this.
  14. Rolz

15. SteveDrivingSlowly

Wow best I could pull was a low 1:52 when I was practicing...I got a lot to learn!

I am using stock set-up - how far from stock are you generally tweaking this car?
  16. Rolz

I didn't have overly too much tweaks for an improvement... it takes time to get confidence in car... stay off the curbs, and just do laps and laps practice
    Should have next week's server up soon :thumbsup:
  17. Rolz

Enduro round for Round 4!
    Round 4: 27/5/19
    Normal Round - Spa
    Fuel and Tyres - Forced Pit.
    Laps enough for a 90min race, will put up soon
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

Thanks for the tips - yeah I discovered the curbs are not very friendly to this car! Will get to practicing on SPA now...
    Rolz likes this.
  19. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

This week's round was more positive. In an attempt to make the Tatuus safer to drive I feel I may have over-stiffened the setup, but I only had one almost-spin that cost me a few seconds at the start of the second stint. The car is fast on a loosey-goosey setup, but not very predictable.

Seems a few people missed the brutal pit window :mad:

Hat's off to @andyo450 on the cracking Qualli lap and smashing the first stint on the Mediums and the win - was pulling over a second a lap for the first several laps. Good stuff to @Anon666 on rounding out the podium.
    Rolz likes this.
  20. Rolz

Was it to short or too long? :eek: Let me know so I can make sure I fix it for the next race :thumbsup: