GT Sport Season 7 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    The car ok for a yankee piece of :):):):) lol
    Noxrai likes this.
  3. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Can’t complain about a 4th place finish in Div 1.
    After doing a few laps in the morning, I knew that a 2 stop was a must and that the mediums were sh!t.
    The strategy was: Q: mediums. 4 laps mediums, 2x10 laps softs, and boy it worked a treat.
    The unpredictability of the car is something I don’t mind. I’ve always been relatively quick in cars that are a b!tch to drive, i.e Pozzi and McLaren F1 in GT6, R92CP in GTS.
    Looking forward to some more close racing this season
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2: Autodrome Lago Maggiore - West II - 34 laps - 21:00 Sunny - 19/5
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED IN QUALIFYING - if you do pit during qualifying, you must start rear of grid)
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : You must start on the Tyre you qualify on (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED DURING QUALIFYING). You must use one set of RACING MEDIUM tyres during the race. (no limit on the amount of RACING SOFT tyres).

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching into T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Noxrai, Russell, ssman244 and 6 others like this.
  6. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Qually: Did an 18.7 which was a PB and I was happy to start as high as I did
    Race: Struggled to get into rhythm early on, had the pace to get into 2nd and hold it but it cost fuel and I had to do some serious saving to make my lap goal of 17. Got my RM tyres on and the next lap was awful having razor all over me much quicker I let him go and got back into the pits asap. Put the RS on again and once again took some time getting into rhythm, little mistakes cost me here and there, had the gap to 4th covered fine, didn’t realise Bryan had to get mediums and came out in front on the last lap, so I through my fuel strategy out the window and went after him, went to the outside after the chicane and got tapped out to the edge of the track and lost 3rd in the process. Ran out of fuel along the pit entry on the straight so i guess it wouldn’t have mattered.
    Wd Keeden, too good again. Hopefully the sprint round brings a change of fortune
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  7. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Awesome race tonight. I had a lot of fun. Qualifying was awesome fun. Bryan pipped me by 0.027 for 2nd and I only beat ssman by 0.087 for 3rd.
    Starting 3rd behind Bryan and Keeden on racing softs and planning to do 14 on RS 6 on mediums then another 14 on RS. I made a terrible start. I was passed by ssman244 then captainrisky then Jono. All before turn 2. I wasn't very impressed with myself. Risky went a little wide turn3 lap2 which let me by only for him and norm to both pass me into the hairpin in the middle sector, with razor hot on my tail. Now back in 7th :thumbsdown:, me and razor went side by side from the last corner on lap 3 all the way through the first sector, with me just managing to come out of it ahead. I knew he had some speed and though I was in for a hell of a fight. Then unfortunately razor spun. Norm and risky Bryan and ssman were about 2 to 4secs ahead by now and it was the first time I had some clean air. I was not getting the most out of the softs in early in the first stint. Still managing a few 18s. But not consistently. But slowly chipped away and managed to catch back up to the group by lap 8. Then it was a bit of a train led by Bryan as ssman pulled a tiny gap on him. Unfortunately risky got a bit of a tank slapper coming out of turn 1 on lap 9, which allowed me to sneak past. Following norm for the next few laps I managed to get past on the 2nd last corner on lap 11.
    I think he may of let me past. Bryan was now about 2 or 3 seconds ahead and ssman about 4 or 5 seconds ahead. Keeden was gone! I put the foot down and was within a second of them both with norm about 1 or 2 seconds behind me before I made my first pit stop at the end of lap 14. Came out the pits side by side with noxria and Hatfield just ahead. I followed Hatfield for the next 3 laps until he pitted at the end of lap 17. Norm pulled off a nice undercut on me pitting at the end of lap 17 and pushing his RS 3 more laps then I did. Which worked a treat. He came out of the pits less then a second ahead. Then he pitted again at the end of lap 18. Knowing how much time he made on the RS I guess. Now back in clean air still on mediums I knew I had to find some speed out of them. I started pushing it and managed to start doing some mid 19s and thought that would be enough until I got the RS back on. Doing 6 laps on the mediums I pitted again at the end of lap 20. Leaving the pits norm past me again. Me and norm both pushed along slowly catching ssman. Then I managed to pass norm up the inside coming into the second last corner on lap 24. Bryan was leading the race still needing to make a pit stop with Keeden close behind him and ssman about 5 seconds ahead of me with 9 laps to go. My next two laps were very scrappy. Mid to high 19s. With 7 laps to go still sitting in 4th ssman is still around 4 second ahead.
    But I finished strong from lap 27. Got back into the 18s, going faster every lap and managing a pb getting down to a 18.5
    I was bring down the gap to ssman fast. With 2laps to go there was only 1 second between us. Starting the last lap the gap to ssman was about 3 tenths. Bryan pitted at the end of lap 33 managing to come out just ahead of both of us. There was about 1/2 a second between me ssman and Bryan coming into the last sector. Unfortunately ssman got sent a little bit wide into the 3rd last corner which just open the door right up for me to take a spot on the podium. I almost had a little run on Bryan. But he defended hard in the last corner no allowing any undercut. I tried to release the car early and drag race him around the outside but I put the tires on the grass and just did a savage fishy up the straight to cross the line for 3rd. I almost lost it up the home straight not knowing ssman had ran out of fuel I just held it flat and some how hang on to her. My start really cost me 2nd. It is my best result since season 5 still and it was definitely one of the most enjoyable races I have had on raceonoz. It is so much more fun when you don't crash.
    Well done Keeden and Bryan. Great race norm ssman and Bryan.
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  8. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

TLR P1 and P3! Atta’ boys!
    Russell and Noxrai like this.
  9. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Congrats to the podium finishers!
    Quali
    Pushing for a good time i just couldn't put a lap together. Went off multiple times and was just a mess. Didn't help that the wifey came in and wanted to have a chat lol.

Race
    Decideded i should probably play it safe and just dial my aggressiveness back and just try and keep my car on the black stuff. I had a much more enjoyable time at this track than suzuka. No offs and only a few minor mistakes. I had fun watching everyone in front of me battle it out and seeing some casualties.
    @Viperzed eventually got back past me after his spin.
    I tried to keep up with @Hatfield and co, but bit by bit they got away from me and i lost my chase pace. Ended up just having a quiet race by myself and having an awkward re entry out of pits riight in front of @CaptainRisky21. I thought you were further along , hence why i broke early. I was meaning to let you pass, not block your apex, sorry.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Me almost losing it up the home straight

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Noxrai and Matthyus like this.
  12. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    @Hatfield just a heads up. I will miss this upcoming round at Red Bull ring. Going away for a week from Friday. Might miss round 4 at autopolis as well depending on if we get back in time.
  13. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Haha! Omg that was so close. Thanks to the wall for keeping you going straight!
    Russell likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Red Bull Mini - 2 x 27 laps - 10:45 Cloudy - 26/5 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED IN QUALIFYING - if you do pit during qualifying, you must start rear of grid). Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : RACING SOFT ONLY and x1 WEAR (for tyres and fuel x1 wear)

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching after T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  15. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    For sure. It wasn't pretty
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Unfortunately, I'm unable to race tonight. @Bryan_F or @JonoStan96 could one of you please host?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    End of season re run guys. Sorry to everyone’s event my PS4 ruined.
  18. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Sons crying now thanks
    Viperzed likes this.
  19. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Fix your net
  20. xlxy90