ACC Fun Run! Early Access

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi @gratulin, welcome along!
    Yeah we try to add the dynamic weather and accelerated time multiplier to add a bit of spice to the racing... which it certainly was... Seems the Tuesday racing was well received and hopefully continue it on...

Yeah my ACC crashed right on the completion of Qual and was lucky to get in but somehow I'd clicked straight through and accidentally selected "safe settings" was great for when the rain came in I certainly caught some of the faster pack, but it didn't have enough fuel for the full 40min and had to fuel save to finish race (had a litre left crossing finish).

Please join us on Discord... for the Fun Runs it's pretty casual and we chat on there whilst racing... not too much yabbering as it's all track/sim related anyway... a few of us been on ACC since build 1 and are across most quirks... :)
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Cool to see you in servers a few times recently, if we are in ACC we usually jump onto the discord which is quite handy as quite a few features are undocumented and a few known bugs we could have helped you with.

The penalties at Paul Ricard supposedly also have a couple that are a bit out and it has been changed for v1. I just tried to stay on track and avoid the cuts during the race, in those conditions however it was far from easy.

The Hud disappearing seems to be a bug a few guys get, Ive only had it once but @Godzilla seems to get it a fair bit. You get this back you need to keep pressing f2 to cycle through hud options.

The dynamic weather is a cool addition but current build has no temp info, this means all you have is practice and qualy to get an idea of temps after checking where they are after a couple laps. Then hope it doesn't change too much but as it gets into the night temps will usualy drop and any rain with slicks its a proper battle with no tyre temp. V1 will surely have live temps and some more info regarding start of the next session, it will still be a bit of a guess but at least somewhat informed guess not a pure stab in the dark.

The Brake ducts will help to some degree, but in conditions like that overnight in light rain your really going to struggle. I doubt the wets would have been that great but likely a bit quicker after the first bit of rain.

Was a fun night overall, I tried the Jag for probably the first time at Paul ricard. Didn't quite to to grips with it in prac and qualy and then once the rain started I had no grip at all lol. The guy in the beamer seemed to know his way around pretty well and did a good job to get a drive through then still fight back through the pack to win.

I have come across a few good solid racers in the servers, so they are around. Hopefully post v1 we will get more good casual racing with the ratings system in effect. We got lucky last night with the open server but these often get people join and cause carnage as you have likely seen in a few of them. The numbers have really been low recently and the troll types probably rather spend their time in full euro servers rather then an Aussie one with only a few in.

Still during the week I prefer to run on the SA restricted server, currently at SA65, if you don't have an SA rating yet its likely because you haven't unlocked this rating. You need to get a PC50 rating which can only be achieved by running the special events ad ranking high enough to get to 50 here. We actually had one good race at Hungaroring in the SA65 just before the fun run with a current record turnout of 5 lol.

Once you get that just regular racing will fairly easily get your SA over 65 running in MP or with AI cleanly. Pretty much every league regular I think will easily get this level but it may take a few race km to get there.
    Rolz likes this.
  3. gratulin

gratulin Rookie

I’ve been doing some SP races against the AI to get my SA up so I can join SA servers. A recent post by Minolin said that the SA rating has an “easy increase” phase up to about 50. From then on it gets harder to increase your SA. This is exactly what I am finding. I’m stuck at about 53-54 SA. When I try to improve in AI races I get the RC increasing instead of the SA.

I’d like to suggest SA server to be reduced to 50 so that I can join but also I think there may be more drivers in my situation. One benefit could be that there is no need to run an unrestricted server. It was fairly easy to get to SA50.

According to another post by Minolin servers that have an SA and have a single SA driver connected will get pushed to the top of the server lobby for other SA drivers. It would be good to test this assertion online with a couple of drivers.
    Rolz likes this.
  4. Rolz

I did find my RC did increase and my SA didn't come up so quickly, but ever since I got RC50 I noticed my SA really started to shoot up again... after Tuesdays race I finally got into the 90's for SA and my RC in the high 60's

There is still a bit of dark magic involved in the whole licensing... for me anyway haha...

I would tend to agree with @marty that most ACC people with no SA rating probably don't realise that they need to do the challenges to get a PC50... I really don't think it should be included in getting the license anyway... but thats just me.
    Spidey_11, gratulin and marty like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its a bit tough to see what level to set this at especially at this current stage in EA with limited user base and a few likely not even unlocking SA. I also agree with Rolz and would probably rather have these 2 ratings the other way around for unlock. Especially as people can unlock all others just driving in any game mode in SP or MP.

Saying its easy to get to 50 is always a tricky one, I know your a good clean racer and after more KM will climb, not sure how quickly which is the challenge, SA50 is better then nothing though and if this is a limiting factor for people to join the SA server then maybe we can try SA50.

I don't know how many are using the other server and if adding SA50 to that keeping the other at SA65 or even higher in the future once more have rated up will be a way to go.

I wont be around much the rest of this week but will jump on for a bit later this afternoon, unlikely to be able to make any later official type fun run but possibly the main season guys will run their Thursday night open session in AC anyway. We can keep Tuesdays the fun runs for ACC if that works ok for most.

Maybe even start a thread for people interested in ACC racing on our servers to give an informal sign in and let us know if they have unlocked SA and what level they are at currently so we can set the server up as clean as possibly while all that want to race can join.
    Spidey_11, gratulin and Rolz like this.
  6. gratulin

gratulin Rookie

Thanks for dropping the server to SA50. Sadly, I am not quick enough to make a race of it with you guys. I really need enough drivers of different pace to join to make it worth my while to join. Hence my interest in getting Minolin’s server ranking to work for us here in Australia.

I did take the opportunity to observe how Minolin’s ranking of servers worked for the Raceonoz servers. It was a bit disappointing to see that the server never got “up ranked” to the top of my list. It didn’t even get tot he first page! There is something with your server settings (dynamic weather?) that stops ACC ranking the server to the top of the list. I am getting the AU | NBN servers on the front page even though they are empty, open servers. This is worth a direct question from you to Minolin. I’ve reported this as an issue in the AC forum but it would be helpful to have server admins also communicate the issue.

Last night I noticed that a Kunos SA60 server with 6 drivers was up ranked to the top of my list. I couldn’t join since my SA is too low so even that perfect up ranking of an active server wasn’t any use.

Ideally, once Raceonoz server gets populated by the first driver all other local drivers wishes to find a server in ACC will see the Raceonoz server at the top of the list. This is how the system will support growing the driver base.
  7. Rolz

I don't think the server matching is properly working yet... I have a feeling that servers that are up the most will get pushed up the list at present...
    All accounts it's sounding that RC might get reset at v1... less than 2 weeks to go now :D
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Whos up for a fun run tonight? I think maybe run a race at Monza as we havent had a fun run there. Probably best to have SA filtering to some level so anyone interested in running tonight if you say here your current SA and if you have 3 track medals for this track. Then we can set the server to allow all that want to race from here and anyone else that can meet this level to avoid issues with any new guys that join and also allow us to not have to password the server.

I have ran Monza in some open servers and its generally terrible, have had some great races in the restricted servers even if numbers have been down. Will do a 40 minute race with a 10 minute qualy at 9pm AEST. With a long practice session before this to allow people to join and get in some laps, dynamic weather as usual so it may be dry or wet and anything in between. :D Session will be skipped from practice at 9 and race should be starting close to 9.15 after the qualy session ends.
    Rolz likes this.
  9. Rolz

Yup! Thanks for getting this going Marty! Was a bit swamped with work to get this sorted, cya tonight :)
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Currently I will set server at SA50 with 3 track medals, anyone wanting to race tonight and doesnt meet this requirement let me know by 8.30pm AEST so I can adjust it as needed.
    Rolz likes this.
  11. Rolz

ACC really need to do better for license info... spent a good bit trying to explain to a mate what he needed to do to build it up... obviously just get in game and drive clean, but still making ppl have friends explain it or having to go to forums etc to find info is a bit of an ask for some ppl...
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes this really needs to be improved in v1, this info should be easily visible for all along with more detailed info found easily for those wanting to see this. If simply PC rating was after unlocking SA I think more wpuod have their SA ratings without needing to do more then just use it as normal.
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys for the race, small but tight field as there wasn't much in it in qualy. If @Rolz spent a few more bucks at the pump it would have made for an interesting race as he had some good pace in that Jag. :p

Was cool trying to get my car balanced during the stint as it was a bit sketchy the first few laps, small adjustments on the electronics and bias and I made it much more driveable probably running nearly the same lap time for the last 25 minutes or so.

Just over a week til release so look forward to the new build, hopefully they have polished up some of the rough edges and the full 2018 season will be nice to have. Maybe the next fun run can be next Thursday night in the new build if we get it then. :thumbsup:
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  14. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Thanks RaceOnOz for supporting the title in EA and getting some numbers to race, has been great spending some time in the server the past couple of nights.
    Spidey_11, marty and Rolz like this.
  15. Rolz

haha yeah was a bit disappointed to really screw the fuel up... was surprised with the Jag...that thing had some pace! 1st gear is a bit high... coming out of the T1 chicane you almost felt u had to get out and push to get it going again, but all the other corners it was pretty sweetly geared... had a few ideas to test with setup after the prac on it and it seemed to work really well for qual, stoked to get into the 1.47's with it... still good test and learnings on the engine maps when doing the fuel conserving... will be good for real enduro stuff!

Welcome along mate! Glad some more numbers on the track! You had some great pace too :)

Yeah keen on Thursday night Fun Run on the 30th of May... you might have to pass on tennis then @marty ;)
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  16. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Will there be a fun run tonight?
  17. Rolz

Probably not tonight unless maybe @marty wants to run one... we had a pretty good one on Tuesday...
    Since v1 is due out next week (Thursday for us) we'll have one then for sure to enjoy it in all it's glory! :D
    Mat Nipperess likes this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Unfortunatly I will be out from 7pm tonight, I will jump on the servers before that if anyone is around. If a few want any particular combo setup for a later race then that can be done too.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seems servers are down atm, I can only see 2 Kunos servers and these are awesome for Aussies to race eachother at. :oops:
  20. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I still haven't unlocked track medals :unsure:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.