PCARS-2 The GT3 1000km Endurance Series (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by v8power383, Dec 26, 2018.

1. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That race was epic! Huge thanks to @v8power383 for getting these going again, they are a blast with multiple drivers.
    Also a big commendation to @jasondull1986 for stepping up at tue last minute to fill in the codriver seat. Jumping over from another sim with very little practice, and none on my set up. Hold your head up high mate.
    Actually very surprised to come away with the win. At the last 'safety car' we made a tyre pressure change which made a difference to our fuel consumption, but we didnt know that. So the plan was to throw jason back in the seat and run until we could pit and fill the car to get home. On the old numbers this was 33 laps to go. About half way through the stint we had a loom at the number and could see we wouldnt make it, so I started fuel saving big. Was only with three laps to go that I could get back to full throttle attack, but we had the pace anyway over the other cars even fuel saving. For it to come down to the last few laps was amazing.

Big congrats to all who took part,
    On to LeMans!!!
    TheJuzzy, nigegunz and AOCleaner74 like this.
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Epic race guys and great to be a part off. I really struggled with getting any pace out of that beast but full credit to @t_b_williams He drove an unreal final stint will doing some heavy fuel saving and I can't believe he pull it off. Great to meet another Rooz member and I'll be back for le man.
    TheJuzzy, AOCleaner74 and nigegunz like this.
  3. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

Epic indeed! It was hilarious to see my two rookie co-drivers getting edgy several hours before they were scheduled to drive! Thankfully both of them knew the Spa track so it was just a case of getting to terms with the mighty Cadillac which is now definitively in my mind the sleeper GT3 vehicle of choice!
    Big thanks to V8 & Spidey who really made this thing happen in a big way.
    I would like to apologise for some slightly out of control racing with some of you guys, there were a few times I was cringing for not quite enough racing room being given, Blue was one, Tuddy another, so thanks for putting up with a couple of rookies who were fighting like hell to make a race of it. They had no malice intended, they just didn't quite have the car control to go wheel to wheel. Hopefully they'll continue on with racing now & get there.
    Congrats to TB & JasonD, fabbo win in the first race of the year!
    jasondull1986 and Kart-No-1 like this.
  4. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I for one would like to apologize for my dodgy net . Thanks for putting up with it guy's, back markers did a good job of letting us through, we had a good strategy by running full fuel , we could get 31 laps with a lap left in the tank but didn't factor in tyre pressures at the end . The M6 wasn't the fastest car but was very consistent , could sit on low to mid 22's for most of the stint then drop to 23's with 10 lasps of fuel left .
    Bloody good work TB on the chase down , I just couldn't push any harder due to no grip .
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Thanks everyone it was a great race I just wish I had done testing in the lower temps as I was in a good spot after the last restart after I pushed my lead out to 5 seconds only to watch it slowly get taken away as the track temp dropped but all in all a great race, also a massive thanks to
    @Spidey_11 for broadcasting it was great to watch between stints, and also a massive thanks to familia for co driving he did a great job in his stint but now on to le-mans
    TheJuzzy and Spidey_11 like this.
  6. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Did anyone get the results I thought I did but turns out i didn't
  7. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    From memory the results were
    1 team Brisbane
    2 team NCR
    3 team Prostate
    4 team gunz
    5 team melbourne
    6 team blue
    7 team South siders
    8 team bathurst
    Is that right?
    TheJuzzy and George like this.
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    @Slambobagan check out the O. P. this is the series I was talking about the other night that you and your brother could do
  9. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    O. P. UPDATED with results tables
  10. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    OK guys just looking at dates for the next race is there any dates in June/July that people cant do
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

my crew cant do june 29, any other weekend ok
  12. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    The 6th of July looks to be ideal at this point as I can't do the 22nd or 29th of June but I'll wait a week or two to give everyone a chance to let us know if that works for everyone or not
    Jim_aka_The_Man, George and nigegunz like this.
  13. Blue XR8

Blue XR8 Rookie Gold Member

I'm good for the 6th of July
    v8power383 likes this.
  14. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I think that’ll work for us @George ?
    George and v8power383 like this.
  15. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    I'm away the weekend of the 6th
    v8power383 likes this.
  16. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    OK so the 29th of June or the 13th of July then, what would work best for everyone
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

13th best for ATS Cadi #8
    v8power383 likes this.
  18. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    OK at this point guys I'll lock in the 13th of July with a kick off time of around 2/3pm to start qualifying if that won't work for you please let me know asap
  19. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    FFS. Aaarrrgggghhhhh
    Young fella has a football carnival that day. Does start early but they tent to drag on quite a bit.
    Week after????????
  20. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Would a later start time work say 4pm