ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Very cool marty, great racing
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Yeah fantastic footage!
    Grabbed some and popped on ROOZ FB page :thumbsup:
    andyo450, marty and jlynn777 like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seems the current server build will keep sessions rolling over so at least this will give an idea of what the race conditions will be. The time will cycle through 24hrs during the race and all sessions will have the same time scale. The practice server is set the same as the race server will be it just has shorter sessions atm.

Tyre wear with cooler night temps and warmer day temps will be a challenge and then it cpuld throw a spanner in the works and rain too. :D

Its also possible there will be an update that fixes the sessions rolling over and they will start as we set them. If thats the case the race will start and finish at 5pm in game time.
    Rolz likes this.
  4. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

I'll join in on the race video posts :D
    This is a few laps from the first race before I lost touch with the top 4 completely. Keep an eye on the side mirror for a lurking Lambo driven by Mironenko

Looking forward to tomorrow night, lads :D
    andyo450, Godzilla and marty like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I did some experimenting with pit strategy in setup and then stops in game, here are things I found that may help a few out.

For some reason the default pit strategy is number 30 so best to move your first option to strategy 1, for dry tyres it seems the pressures set in pit are correct though may be adjusted due to ambient. I ran the same pressures in my stop as I started the race on and ended up the same once hot so seemed ok here.

You may want to set a few strategies for varied pressures as the race will be through the night I will likely set 3 dry ones with +- 1 psi for cold night to warm day dry conditions. Then probably one for higher start pressures if its damp and slicks are the better option. Then maybe 2 wet presets with higher and lower start pressures.

Now in car by default change tyres is unchecked, its a bit of a PITA but if your planning to change tyres make sure this is checked. Damage repairs are all checked by default and if you gave some minor damage it likely can add 10-20 seconds to your stop so I would keep this unchecked unless I really needed repairs. Its not selectable in a preset but again best to do this pre race on the grid.

With wet tyres seems pressures are off compared to preset in some sort of bug, if you want wets even in a preset if you click slick then dry it wil give you the pressures in the preset.
    KoAStR, Rolz, andyo450 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Haha, good to see you on here, was great fun trying to past you, great defending! Bad luck on the spin in the end, was hoping it would continue all race. That was one of those times where you really appreciate the differences in cars and how ACC with just GT3 cars can be fairly complex
    jlynn777, Rolz, Mat Nipperess and 2 others like this.
  7. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

What sucked the most was that you made a small mistake a lap or so before I spun and I had literally just finished thinking "ok, I have a slight break on Miro, eyes forward, no need for heroics"
    Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Hey all, was hoping to race tonight but a head cold has put paid to that idea. Have a good one!
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Sooo... round 2 today? Haha
  10. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Thanks guys for the racing still a bit off the pace need some more slower guys to join lol. Wanted to finish but hit the pit lane about 15k over and it DQ'd me, tried to rejoin but it was locked.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Dont worry mate, Im slow as and will be racing as much as possible! Missed out tonight as I didnt get out of work until too late...really pissed I missed out! Hope you all enjoyed it.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all was a great race, best one Ive had in ACC by far as it was the longest and also the weather really spiced things up. Was very quick and tight up front with 5 of us not split by much early into the first stint. @Godzilla had an early spin and then he was first to go on slicks, he must have had some good pace early. @Captain Barracuda got to the lead about 40 minutes in and then found some good pace, I managed to keep Godzilla at bay until his spin then managed to sneak past @andyo450 followed by @Rolz very late into the stint probably after an hour. Barracuda had some great pace at the end of the first stint and pulled about a 10 second gap.

Looks like everyone started on wets which was the good choice, I wasnt really sure how long to stay out but saw some dark clouds about 50 minutes into the race and thought Id stay out til it rained again. I had enough fuel to probably run to 15 to go but it got fairly dry with 25 to go and my wets were starting to cook so made the stop for slicks. Hoped it would dry out more and so went my 2nd highest dry pressure preset. Could have gone the highest ones as they never quite got to pressure.

Then with about 10 minutes to go I think I was in 2nd behind Barracuda but for the full dry stint and our gap was pretty much constant around 11.7-12 seconds the full dry run, the heavens opened again and I wanted to gamble a lap earlier as it didnt look like I was going to make the time to Barracuda. If I pitted and it pissed down its possible to make 10 seconds in a lap, he stopped the lap after but then Godzilla stayed out and somehow jumped both Andy and Rolz on their stops.

It rained pretty solid and the wets were a good choice just maybe a bit too close to the end, I did catch Andy and Rolz on my wets with their slicks struggling but the passes still werent that easy.

Good racing all round with @Godzilla taking the unlikely victory after his early issues, Barracuda had a solid race for second and I cam in 3rd no far ahead of Rolz and Andy. Sorry not sure about the rest of the field and I still dont have a way of translating the results files so its just fun runs until we at the very least get that sorter.

Bad luck mate hopefully numbers will grow a bit, I really just want everyone to try to drive clean and fair the actual pace isn't much of an issue. With the pits I think best not to come in too hot and slow to the limit before the line and make sure your in first gear or the limiter wont work.

EDIT:
    If anyone that pulled out of the race early happens to have a replay of the first 45 minutes or so could they send us a link as I only have the last 55 minutes and would be cool to make a little highlights video.

I will check the auto highlights file if it saved one and see what it has, these have never been great however.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    KoAStR and Godzilla like this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Next Monday we will continue with the 90 minute race as it was good fun, I'm thinking Monza as we really havent raced there much. We will do the 2x 30 minute races for Thursday night at Hungaroring.
    Godzilla likes this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That was right up there as one of the best races I’ve had and not even so much because of the end result but the feeling of the race. There’s just so many variables in strategy, set up, everyone choosing different compromises using cars that have different handling characteristics and with them different advantages and disadvantages. Chasing someone at night in the rain with the tail lights lighting up the water on the track is really something in VR as well.

For strategy I decided I would split it in half and take 76Ltr of fuel. Start itself was clean but a bit slow so lost a position to @marty who I spent the next 40 minutes or so chasing, and once divebombing... nice avoiding there.
    A little faster here, a little slower there but overall about similar pace, just no grip in to the last corner so could never get a run. A few laps before I was going to pit I managed to clip a curb and slide off the track just before the last chicane, don’t think I lost much more then 5 seconds as it’s a very slow part of the track thankfully but also scraped a wall, did one more lap but shouldn’t have, the wet tyres were baked from the slide.

Went on to dry tyres with fairly high pressure in the stop and fixed the damage, 46 second stop that surprising went smoothly. First few laps weren’t great but then it started to come together and the times started to drop quickly, started to think I could catch Marty again if he was out on the wet tyres longer, wasn’t sure of the gaps further up. When the rain came in again I was actually a bit annoyed as I thought I had pace and the car felt good. Was considering going in for wet tyres but with only 10 minutes or so to go figured I’ll just throw the TC up and try to baby it around, was very slow going, floating around 57’s I think but paid off in the end :)

Well done to all who managed to keep it on the track, some hard work in the rain but great fun. More of these races please
    nanlatt and marty like this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Trying the auto replay feature here is what it made, actually a pretty cool tool just needs some fine tuning. It did catch the dive and a few key passes, did somehow miss the entire daytime and dryer running but it got the start and a nice shot of the lambo across the line. :D

Peter Wise, Rolz and Godzilla like this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Ok, that’s very cool, will have to have a look and see what mine saved. How good do the reflections of the cars and headlights look on a wet track! Crazy impress
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Pretty cool, seems it just does highlights for the first 30 minutes then shows the leader finish, Im sure its on the to do list of features to complete.

Looked like some nice battles behind but as we werent passing often up front it didnt show much from there even if it was some good close racing too.
  18. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    That's really cool it just made that I can see my issue was I was p6 bang in the middle and all the action was front & back lol great racing
  19. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Thanks all that was tops!
    Lots of learnings to take away from there... My top three are pits pits pits... :roflmao:
    Then learn to drive better in the wet... unless it's the Bentley not liking wet, but suspect it's me thats the issue

I really should have spent more time on strategy options, as I only had 4 pit options and none suited what the race delivered weather wise... driving hard and trying to change tire pressures on the straights wasn't ideal... then learned if you change tire pressures on one of the strategies, change to another strategy to have a look and revert back it goes to the original one :eek:
    So had to stop before my pit to change tire pressure again before going into pit... :cry:

Still great fun! Congrats to @Godzilla for the win and @Captain Barracuda @marty for the podiums... great battle with @andyo450 over the last few laps, but again super cold slicks in a downpour was never going to bode well :p

Well done to all that finished, and bad luck to a few that got caught with penalties or DQ's

All going well, I should actually make next Monday too! Yay Monza :cautious: :roflmao:
  20. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Good fun. I had some good racing at the back of the field with Latanzio(?), Nipperess and co. Can't remember the names now. After I pitted I put slicks on as the rain had stopped. I thought I had my presets worked out, but the pressures were way too low and the tyres stayed cold until the morning when the drying line appeared, which made the going less than optimal. I pitted for wets near the end when I noticed my laptime delta was hurting too much, but I got a drive through for speeding because I flicked it into 2nd at some stage in pits, which turned my pit limiter off.

I won't make next Monday, but will be back for more after that.
    nanlatt, marty and Rolz like this.