ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Can you share a results file? Might be able to help build something to parse them.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The tricky thing with slicks on a drying track is to guess the start pressures. Cold and damp you may need to start at 29 or higher to keep the pressures up but if it dries out quick you will be way over pressure. That little bit of moisture still on the race line kept the tyres quite cool. Mine were only just getting a little green and to 26 as the second showers started. Warm daytime and damp tends to dry quicker so I thought it would dry a bit more then it did, had it not rained I would have been good at the end but then maybe it would be better to get optimal before the end and be a bit over at the end if it stayed dry.

I was tossing up between my top 2 dry pressure presets and chose the 2nd highest which in the end was not optimal. Its also why I took the gamble on wets as my pressures were already too low before the rain started again, it was getting dark again and temps dropping.

The cool thing with the dynamic weather is that there is an element of guess work and a bit of luck, you cant just do 100 laps during the week dial in a setup and be done for an optimal race. Weve had the same weather settings for a while and only had 2 fairly extreme races weather wise so they seem pretty decent I think.

With presets I found doing them in order so 1 will be your min pressure dry setup then I had 5 as I max pressure dry and 2 3 4 were equal steps in between. Then I had 6 and 7 as 2 wet presets and this worked fairly well allowing just to pick the preset needed even if the guesses werent perfect.
    KoAStR, nanlatt and Rolz like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There are the results files, I think all sessions but they look like matrix code to me so I havent really looked into them. I have asked a few people I know, how they get their results but only 1 that has useable data said its on his custom website and the guy that built it is using his own code for it. Just thought of one more person I can try thats already running a league so will see if that gets anything, if anyone else can do something it would be great.

At XGN we had @Wally do his code magic with a great log parse for AC, he also dod some other great code work to get a league season up and running in AC I think in early access which was a top effort.

https://mega.nz/#!rDgD1QIC!W4d0aELeoOcU1Y5MIcFfhEzbVvESbLZep89pXKJo3dg
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

I'm no dev but I have some C++, C#, PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, Jquery, SQL, processing etc - will try and take a look when I get a minute.
    Rolz and marty like this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

Picked one json to parse and came up with the following - I'm assuming this is a practice session going on the laptimes vs. total times. I'll have a look later but hopefully total time for a race would be the actual race time, not time in session.

Can someone have a look and let me know if this is looking roughly correct?

[​IMG]
    KoAStR, Rolz, andyo450 and 2 others like this.
  6. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Yea theres a few times there I remember. Cars look right as well. Nice work.
  7. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

was this Qual?
    Prac was for 30min...
    Content looks pretty sweet though!
  8. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

looks like practice as my times werent on the file.
  9. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah 17 laps completed in qualy for Andy would be believable though
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Haha, yeah, 17 laps on a 15 minute quali at Barcelona and the poor bugger still didn’t get pole...
    Rolz and that Bently are quick in the dry... :)
  11. Rolz

yup! I think what throws me out was total race time... prac was set for 40min I think? so not sure how it works out total race time...
    yeah 17laps on prac does sound right...
    lol and goes to show that at this point the Bentley and I are only a one trick pony... but I got a few laps in before it started to rain...
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

Also session times look a bit weird - think my math needs fixing
  13. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Enjoyed last night, even though I had a frustratingly shocking race. Hope to do better on Thursday night. Sorry to @mesafto for the punt at turn 2. Was a little too oportunistic with the traffic. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't race after a 12 hour work day, ha ha!
  14. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

All good mate, I I think tapped you on the 2nd lap? or at least it was another GTR, Im sorry!

I really enjoyed last night, the dynamic nature of the weather and strategies in play. ;)
  15. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Yeah, it was me. That's wet weather racing, though. Just impressed there wasn't more contact, really
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

OK I checked my math and it was good, then I checked the assetto corsa competizione forum and found that the TotalTime in the .json is bugged (datatype error) - Kunos have acknowledged the bug but not fixed it yet, so will need to wait for that before I can get final race times and positions out of the results .json files. Sorry gents :(

But I can get a list of who competed, which car they drove, how many laps, their best times and best sectors plus a few other little bits of info.

I would like to build some kind of race tracker like the one you guys used for the AC league if I have time (good project for me to try stuff out on). But I'll be doing it on lunch breaks so it will take some time - let me know if you have any feature requests, I'll make a list.
    andyo450, Rolz and marty like this.
  17. Rolz

Nice effort so far @SteveDrivingSlowly!

I'm no dev, but eh? :roflmao:
    jlynn777 likes this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My new Porsche skin, also was another beta update late tonight and server has been updated.
    [​IMG]
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

Big difference between a guy with bootstrap and google and some who really knows what they are doing!
    Rolz likes this.
  20. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Looks great, marty. Were those logos in game or were you able to import your own? Wouldn't mind making a livery for my business/sponsor