ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

@Rolz was very sad to see you retire mate I was wondering wtf was happening with all the drive through's - you weren't the only one that copped one of those and had difficulty serving it I think. Please send the .jsons over - I will do a quick parse to get laptimes, although it doesn't look like Kunos have fixed the race times yet. But please keep sending/posting the data as I am building something in the background slowly so the files are really handy for testing.

A.Laurenson (sp?) took the win with S.Mirochenko (Sp?) second, I think it was A.Lantizino (I really need to pay more attention to peoples names as I know for a fact I have butchered that one) 3rd, I was 4th and JDullagan 5th - only five finished with many wrecked cars/rage quits/tired/booty called. Huge effort to get to the end and I reckon Dullagan deserved to be in front of me on pace - just pit strategy and a mistake between us I think.

I made three dumb mistakes during my race - span on lap two coming out of the final chicane which I think was me not being gentle enough on the full tank, pitted and put in fuel but didn't tick tyres stupidly so had to run the full 90 on one set, then while I was cursing myself for that span in the same exact place on cold, old tyres straight after the pit and cronched the car. Limped it to the line losing about 2 seconds per lap due to the damage.

But even with all that, I really enjoyed the race - love the longer races and the additional challenges with strategy, damage, conditions changing and the mental demand of concentrating for that long. Was excellent driving through the night and into dawn - I think that combo of race length and time multiplier gives a really good sense of an endurance race. Brilliant fun - looking forward to serious races like this when the game is finally ready for such.
    Rolz and marty like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was looking forward to the race, I love longer races and havent done many at Monza. The Porsche was more competitive there then I expected it to be so could have been a nice race.

Mondays are usually no trouble with getting home too late but I nearly missed last week and yesterday I had no chance even though I had some hope late in the afternoon. :cry:

For Thursdays Fun Run I think Nurburgring and Monday Brands Hatch which I will do my best to be able to make in time as Rolz likely wont be able to save my butt if I am stuck miles from home late again.

How was the weather for the race/attendance and results? Main reason we cant run a proper season as that simple results info just isnt available.
    Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Were issues mostly from slowing down to pit, Monza has a very fast entry so can be tricky. Did the guys with issues have auto limiter on as I was ok in pit stop practices during the week with manual limiter. Did many get penalties for track limits? I didnt even get a warning during the week but last week had one weird instant drive through for first minor offence at hungaroring so could be something bugged out with penalty system in this build.

Really worth testing pit entry and stops during the week, I usually try to end my practice or qualy stints driving into the pits. It gives you good practice of where to slow down and getting closer to your box will give faster stop times too.

The limiter also only works in 1st gear by design as the real cars have the same feature. Personally I hated the AC auto pit where you could just fly into pit lane at 200kmh then it would auto brake you and slow giving big advantages to anyone abusing it and no way to get a penalty.

The overall pit menu in MFD still is quite cumbersome and setting muktiple strategies takes some time pre race. The general setup save load issues also dont help when you make a setup with a few presets then one click and its all gone. :mad:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

Weather was dry the whole race. I think we had eleven or twelve starters, about 9 an hour in and 5 finished. I think the leaders were running 1:48's and the back of the pack approx. 1:51's and 52's.
    marty likes this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Was good fun last night and i tried stripping my driving back to basics as my pace has been terrible on acc, Really focused on just nailing exits and taking it easy on the way in. Managed to get a low 1:50 and 49s was possible but couldn't hook it up.

I got a great start but t1 was a hugh mess as the guy on my right went deep and hit me into another driver, Just had a long practice from there as no real on track battles. Pit no issue with the auto limit on got fresh boots and set out into the night.

From there and was setting consistant 50s for a while but got my right tyre hooked on ascari kerb and it fired my head on into the wall. Damage must have some effect as i could only really manage 52s from that point.

All in all glad to actually see my first acc checkered flag although 2 laps behind,
    marty, SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  7. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Rolz likes this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Will take a look. I am not sure if it is possible to get the server to tag the .json with the session type, or maybe I can find it in there somewhere. You know, like qualy, practice, race etc - I saw some chatter on reddit from another community who have already made a tool like the one I am trying to build, which auto updates from their server (not sure if I have the skills for that!!!). So it must be possible I think.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

I haven't looked at the new files yet but the last batch had all times in milliseconds, but the race time was screwed up because Kunos has used an incorrect datatype (I think 32 bit integer). So when I converted them the laptimes looked good but race times were like 17 hours - lol!
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It really should tag it, my assumption is the time created should show this if you sort by time but like most things in results we kind of need better ways of doing it. Or at least some official way to decipher the code and get useable results, not much value in doing things their own way and not telling anyone what that way is. It shouldnt be like finding an ancient text and trying to decode it but seems to be the current method. :rolleyes::D
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Haha yes, it is a bit like that. Luckily I like this kind of thing!

There is a session type variable in the .json, and the file naming is also helpful potentially in decoding what each session is. As you suggest, the times will be a great indicator too.

There is also a variable for the weather - at the moment it is either wet or dry.

Here is what I managed to get from the race (I added positions myself) - worth noting is that if you leave the session before the end, your data is omitted from the .json as they stand currently. This sucks because it would be good to see how many start and how many last to the end, who they were and so forth.

Total race times are still BS!!!

[​IMG]
    nanlatt, marty and jasondull1986 like this.
  12. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Wonder if they get effected by the race time multiplier, just a thought no basis to it haha
    Rolz likes this.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Good thinking but in this case, I don't think so - otherwise I would expect the laptimes to be weird as well. There are a bunch of guys talking about this issue at the ACC forums (people trying to do what we all want which really Kunos should provide for us like in iRacing!!!). They have made Kunos aware but I think they have a lot of bigger fish to fry right now with the game.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I remember seeing a nit saying a 2md results file is included does this mean there is more then 1 per session. I have no idea what is different between them and why you would need more then 1.

This was in discussions about the cars leaving server not being classifed in results but possibly may not be solving that issue.

Maybe a reason we dont have in game results files is Kunos currently doesnt understand their own system but by the sound of it this is a highish priority. I would suggest it should be near highest only behind game breaking crashes.

Im kind of surprised the few leagues that have deciphered the code are very secrative of what they have done. Should really be a big open discussion in the support forums but even though I started a thread there regarding it nobody seems to care as much as they do trolling each other in general chit chat. Im not fully opposed to some of that action either lol but try and use the support forums as intended too.
  15. Rolz

so many small little things that need polishing... as with anything, it's always the last 5% of a project are the hardest to deliver...
    if you exclude issue with triples and vr optimization (I'm ok but lots of others struggle) these are on my top list (in no order)

1 - latency restrictions on server (eg max 250ms connections allowed)
    2 - start grid (everything from cars on top of each other to the silly starting sequence)
    3 - results.json properly done
    4 - decent API plugins so we can get decent data from game for crewchief/stracker
    5 - chat box available when we are in pits (before we click drive) there is so much space there to have it
    6 - race app custom location (eg would love to move helicorsa to a better spot)
    7 - admintools app, banning/kicking in vr basically sucks.
    8 - CP server for Asia (at least)
  16. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Congrats A. Laurenson. He's one of our XGN aliens :)
    Rolz likes this.
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

I have no idea what the second results file is for, I haven't done a full comparison but they seem similar, with only the drivers that finish the race there. If I get anything half decent together I will happily share whatever I have found (code etc) - I am sure the guys at the ACC forum will rip it to shreds in seconds and the server will get ddos'ed or hacked...haha!

Have to agree with your list - I think having an official results site would really help the game.
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Was largely a quiet race for me, after a fun but all to short little battle for position at the start. Spent a bit of time chasing down whoever was in the red Merc but he was warping a lot so wasn’t ideal, he made a few mistakes in the end and finished up in the wall. Was cruising along after that and didn’t really notice the gap behind shrinking... Ran in to a bit of traffic close to my pit window and a few incidents which dropped the gap down to about a second as well. I split the strategy in half so needed to take 85Ltr fuel on, total stop time was about 50 seconds and I think that cost me in the end, didn’t help that the tyre pressures were all default across all my strategy’s instead of what I configured. Not sure why this happened as I didn’t have an issue at Barcelona, Tried to catch back up in the last stint but car was a bit unsettled with pressures 2psi to low all round. Well done A.Laurenson though, good consistent racing there.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  19. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Was a good race guys :) ill be there every monday for sure - slept well after this one. I think monza is particularly draining as you are just sitting on the straight for so long its easy to drift off and miss fairly important braking points...

Wish I could take proper credit for the pit strategy .... I ran heavy at the start thinking it would cost me less per lap than the additional fuelling time but now realise the tyres werent changed at the stop making it a rather quick one - would have come out on top of Godzilla or there abouts with tyres I think - so the last stint was getting iffy toward the end on the old rubber but luckily the pressures levelled out in the 28s during the night - the hatch next week will suit the big M6 less i reckon - should be a good mix
    marty, SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  20. Rolz

did Brands on the rare CP server that was up and after 60min my right side was starting to get really sore... there really is no letup on that track... will be a real test of wills for all on Monday!!