ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I really suck at Brands. Just can't seem to get my :):):):) together there.....

Last night was a blast. Had a great battle with @ Rolz right from the start for about 40 minutes. Managed to get past eventually, I believe he was struggling with the tyres. Got about 3 or so seconds up the road and was getting ready for a pit stop. Was adjusting fuel levels in the MFD and it kept changing my fuel map. @Rolz caught me within about a lap and a half while I was fumbling my way through the MDF.

My pit limiter deactivated too but I caught it before speeding in the pit lane. Was hoping we could keep battling after your pit stop @Rolz but you had several issues to deal with.

Still enjoyed it but it would be great if we could get 20 or so people to join in the fun.
    Rolz likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive put up the practice servers for Thursday Nürburgring and Monday at brands hatch, both are just rotating shorter 10q 20r sessions but if people would prefer loner sessions for the Monday server at least let us know here and I can change this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

@nanlatt, I suspect you and I will continue to have great battles in the future :thumbsup:
    nanlatt likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Im back to normal tonight so will have everything up and running in time and be there to race our 2x 30 minute races at Nurburgring. I will have to close entry once races start as I think thats why a couple cars at the back last week spawned inside each other.

Also as there seems to regularly be issues with some high ping people joining I will try clear the grid of these guys before and after qualifying. Having larger numbers in the race is good but not if its cars nobody can really race with due to a high ping so anyone over 250ms will be removed from the server.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hey @marty @Rolz and anyone else who is server admin,

I have built a simple results parser for ACC at the below link. Very early in development so it doesn't do a lot, and there are still problems with the JSON files (mainly the total time being complete rubbish, no track names etc).

It does not store results in a database yet - this will be added in the future, and I'd like to build league tables and stats analysis in as well if I maintain motivation, but for now I'm just trying to work out how to get the useful data from the JSON.

Check it out and let me know if you find any bugs or strange stuff, or if you have any ideas that you'd like to see implemented!

Instructions:
    Open a session results JSON file in your text editor, copy and paste it into the textarea, click on the "Parse my results!" button. The end!

http://roozresults.epizy.com/

P.S. This is where I am doing the development, so it may be unstable and insecure!

P.P.S. If you don't have a JSON to parse, this is what it looks like when it works:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Rolz, krunch, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  6. Imad

Imad New Recruit

Hi Folks
    I am hoping to join tonight's session.
    I am also new to discord, I joined but do not have permission to see messages, is this normal?
    Also which server do I join, is there a password?
    Thanks
    krunch likes this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hey Imad,

Will be great to see you in the race mate, I think I have driven with you a few times already. I don't think there will be a password tonight.

Search for raceonoz and join the server running the Nurburgring track (you should see only two servers from this search).

Make sure to join before the end of qualifying as I think the server will be locked after this to prevent issues with the starting grid.

I have the same thing with discord - I think it is normal (?).
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If you search for raceonoz servers it will be the Thursday fun run one for tonight. The servers are always up 24/7 for short sprint races but on race nights will be reset at 8pm est to start official practice with qualy at 8:30 then race after the qualy session/s.

There is no password, servers are open to all with SA75 and 3 track medals but we also can enable people that havent got their ratings up yet if you give us your steam guid. We currently have no ping limit option but will manually force a limit of 250 so people above this will be kicked prior to the race and will set limits once this option is available.

Everyone in these servers needs to try race clean as the whitelist is to help people get in before they rate up if new to the game but if someone is not meeting driving standards they could be taken off the whitelist and only regain entry if they meet the server requirements.

I have not seen anyone needing to be removed yet to date, its unlikely but it could happen if some use the whitelist as just a workaround for the ratings system.

With discord even though I am an admin I dont really know how it works as I never really did much with discord it just always worked. :p I will see if there is any extra permissions I need to give people.
  9. Imad

Imad New Recruit

Thanks mate, look forward to tonight even though I have only used ACC for a very short time.

Great, thanks for info mate, look forward to it.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive loaded the official server up for a longer practice session, qualy will still start at 8:30 pm EST with 2x 10 min qualy then 2x 30 min races.
    krunch likes this.
  11. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Hey all - would I be able to get exempted from the SA rating via my steam username as mentioned a few posts above? I've been away interstate with work for a few weeks and came back a few days ago to discover somewhen in the recent patches getting hit by the ai in single player wrecks your SA and mine has dropped to 70 :-/
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I don't have your steam GUID if you give it to me very quick I can let you in the server within the next 4 minutes otherwise will need to do after the races tonight
  13. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

No worries. Looks like I just missed out for the night! Steam guid is Flamebadger, ta
  14. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

That second race was fun! Felt great to actually be competitive and lead a race for a change, lol
    marty likes this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The steam guid is something like S7656119807193271
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

Absolutely! I enjoyed both as for once I was in amongst it a bit.

First race I got punted off and then had a connection issue that put me in a wall but before that was really enjoying some close driving at the back with three others.

Second race was chasing c nipperess, could not catch him as every time I got to within a second he would find some extra pace and pull a gap. Then right at the end I think either his tyres went off or he had some damage as I started to catch him, then overtake as he ran wide at T1.

Loads of fun!
    krunch likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the racing tonight, thanks @SteveDrivingSlowly for the initial results Parse so I have some results to post tonight.

Here are the race results.
    Practice
    [​IMG]
    Q1
    [​IMG]
    Q2
    [​IMG]
    Race 1
    [​IMG]
    Race 2
    [​IMG]
    KoAStR, krunch, Godzilla and 2 others like this.
  18. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Man, I thought I was being really ambitious going three wide at the start into Turn 1! @Chris Nipperess was rubbing his hands together waiting for all hell to break loose, lol!
    The fact all three of us came out the other side is a great reflection on the level of drivers here
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race summary, race 1 from 2nd I didnt get @andyo450 into t1 but had hoped to hang on and maybe his tyres would go away more then mine. Didnt seem to be the case and I just didnt have the pace to keep up so he got away no matter how hard I tried. My pressures were a bit low but doubt that made too much of a difference there.

Race 2 without setting a qualy lap, I was going to go if Andy went but he never did and starting at the back is usually fun. Got a reasonable start but its not real easy to pass, I was trying to follow Andy through the pack unfortunately got a little tap to the rear that spun me early. I didnt lose massive amounts of time maybe 10 seconds and a couple spots with no real damage it seemed.

Then as I was passing Ian Smee, not sure his forum name and I thought I had a decent run alongside but the door was closed as he went for the apex as normal. I expected some room to be left but it wasn't and by the time I saw him going the apex I had nowhere else to go. Sure its partly my fault but I tend to try leave racing room and assume others will do the same, here is a video as he said its his corner but I still think I have some claims to it and am far enough to be given at least 1 car width on the inside.

No big deal about the contact I personally see it as a racing incident but I would generally make the same move again assuming some space be left. I may not have made the pass anyway but if racing room isn't left then contact will happen often.

From there I gave it all I could to try and make up a few spots, was handed a couple spots as 2 guys got together ahead but then had a good battle with @Mat Nipperess trying to find a way past his nissan. That took a few laps and by then I was a bit too far back from shane or Andy hoping to pressure shane into an error as I made some time but the only error was mine on the last lap at the last chicane. :oops:

Well done to @andyo450 on the 2 wins @Godzilla and Shane for the other podium spots.