ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I think you're right to expect some room there Marty. His move to the aex was far to late. Maybe he didn't realise you were that far alongside or maybe he didn't care and just decided to close the door. Only he will know for sure. I think we can all agree that we are here for close and clean racing but I don't think that was a fair move on his behalf.

Having had another look at the video, it looks as though he just didn't expect you to be there. Especially if it's left hand drive he maybe didn't even see you go for it. It's going to happen from time to time.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. Chris Nipperess

Chris Nipperess New Recruit

Heaps of fun last night with a few of the faster blokes having issues and needing to drive back through the pack! Made a set up change for R1 was a bit hectic with the car balance all out of wack for some reason... maybe the time multiplier was changing the track conditions faster than i could adjust, but the balance was just really unpredictable. Made a spring adjustment for race 2 to try and counter the race 1 weirdness and the car felt nicer but was definitely slower. Steve was all over the back end through sectors 1 & 2 but i had enough in S3 to be able to get that buffer back out and we had an awesome little fight up until i ran out of talent into T1 and he snuck down the inside. Stuck to the back of him a bit hoping to force a mistake, but grabbed a fraction too much kerb through the chicane and ended up in the car park somewhere!
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Ahhh that's what happened - I wondered where you went as you were right on me and then suddenly disappeared. Bad luck mate, look forward to racing you again next time!
    Chris Nipperess likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For me tyre wear seemed pretty strong at this track, it did effect the balance in the Porsche quite a bit. It was good the first few laps but the rear end got worse each lap after that. I was hoping for Andy the merc would eat its rears more then the Porsche but he managed it better then I did in both races.
  5. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Very fun racing last night :). Plenty of tussles and plenty of lone running as well where just getting into a rythm is rewarding. Great to race some new guys here too and looking forward to bigger grids once the game sorts itself out a bit more for everyone.

Q1: Late in the session Ian Smee suddenly stopped just passed the pit exit directly in front of me and I smashed straight into his rear. Ian I know you said you had a problem with your VR headset but you just can't do that! I do hope you can sort your VR issues though. Check the official ACC forums as there is alot of info about that.

R1: I had a good battle with @Chris Nipperess for a few laps until he unfortunately lost the car on in the Schumacher Chincane and tank slapped into my path (bad luck mate). Being so close I couldn't avoid a hit and as he 'exited stage left' my engineer informed me I had severe damage on the front - such useful info :). In reality though it wasn't that severe at all. I had a bit of aero understeer and lost some top speed for the rest of the race but I probably wouldn't call it severe damage. I had pretty bad framerate issues in the 2nd half of the race especially in the areas close to the pit complex. Came home 5th.

R2: Andy and Marty chose to start at the back which always adds a bit of extra spice to the GT3 curry :). I was hoping to hold them off a while as they came through but my start wasn't great and the two out-of-position GTR's blasted ahead on the green light. This meant Andy was already on my tail by T1, and as I got boxed in through T2-T3 he got through at T4. The rest of that lap was action packed! Chis N was trying to hold off Andy which kept me on Andy's tail while Marty blowtorched my bumper. Cool stuff! Marty got me into the final corner and Andy got past Chris at T1.

Unfortunately at T4 I stuffed up and tagged Marty into a spin (sorry again mate) and as I redressed we both lost positions to the next 2 cars. Strangely I copped a side swipe from the Jag as I was redressing, but he may have still been having issues with his VR though so no biggy. Later that lap Marty and the Jag had their tangle which once again put Marty behind me - 3rd time lucky mate :).

I had a small tussle with @SteveDrivingSlowly before getting past at the hairpin and soon after that I was on the tail of Chris N again. I managed to get along side him down the hill towards the hairpin and thought I had the pass made when sadly we bumped wheels and he went off into the gravel. Sorry for my part in that Chris. It wasn't my intention to squeeze you quite that tight which was my misjudgement but having looked at the replay I do still feel I left you enough room as you had a small gap on your left. Even so its a shame you ended up in the gravel.

It wasn't long before Marty finally got free of me with a pass at T1 and then drove off into the sunset. The rest of my race was all rythm and no blues and I came home 6th.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I think it's @Killercarlcox69 but i may be wrong. I wouldn't off seen that one with my 27 deg fov haha
    Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  7. Chris Nipperess

That’s basically exactly what both myself and Mat were experiencing - no rear grip, although it seemed to clear up in the last probably 5 laps or so. We put it down to the change from late afternoon to night affecting track grip possibly? Lead to quite a few scary moments in turn 2, which was notoriously slippery at the best of times!
  8. Chris Nipperess

Definitely looking forward to next week!
  9. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Apologies, misunderstood on my end - 76561197967305430
    marty likes this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive added you in so you should have access to the servers already.
    Flamebadger likes this.
  11. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Thanks; just quickly launched ACC and confirmed I can get in despite not quite hitting the SA rating. Hopefully by Monday I'll be back up to 75 in any event - but now I feel protected from AI and public server shenanigans!
    Mat Nipperess and marty like this.
  12. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

I was surprised how good the Merc was on tyres. I did run higher TC to protect the rears after a few laps in each race but it would've been fine at lower levels. I was expecting to struggle with the front left a bit and it did get a little hot in the second race but it wasn't anything to worry about. I think the Merc being so biased towards understeer helps it in those situations.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

In the Porsche If I went up from 2 to 3 on tc I was losing nearly .5 per lap so in the end I just tried to hang on and see if it sticks for the race distance. :D Still the Porsche was considerably better there then I thought it would be, and it has been at most tracks actually. The 2019 must be silly quick, its fun to try all different cars too but Im quite enjoying trying 1 car at various tracks as they all have pretty unique challenges.

The Porsche has never been miles off pace at any tracks yet, its quite a fun challenge trying to find pace in it and after running it for a while any other car feels a bit too tame so Ive stuck with it the last few weeks.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Have done a handful of laps today trying to get the Lambo to behave at Brands Hatch. For those who think the last few 1.5 hour races were hard, you ain’t seen nothing yet! Brands Hatch has absolutely nowhere to relax, it’s full on it 100% of the time, no straights to recompose yourself. It should be awesome
    Rolz, nanlatt and marty like this.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

Crikey I better have a pretty chill day at work monday then!
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  16. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Certainly not a track for the 100% FFB challenge
  17. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Haven't done any practice yet and I suck at this track. What's likely to be a competitive lap time around Brands?
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

1:23.5 is a hot lap (youtube fast guys), Im doing 1:26.5’s at best in race trim....I’m usually fighting it out at the back so my guess is that you’d want to be in the 24’s to be competitive at the front although I haven’t had any practice with the rooz quickbois to know that for real.

Just did an hour against ai - major concentration required!
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Did some testing yesterday and had a best of 1.23.6 ish. I wouldn’t be too surprised to see a pole time in the 22’s
    Race pace probably in the 24’s somewhere but will really depend on track conditions and weather
  20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I did a practise race today with AI at 100% and could only manage 5th in qualifying against them... pole time was a 1:22.4...by the AI!