GT Sport Season 8 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    League rules and regs : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Good Racecraft guide : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/
    Protest procedure : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/
    How to qualify : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-qualify-for-gt-sport-season-races.2969/

Start Date : Meet n Greet 21/7, Round 1 28/7
    Car : Volkswagen BEETLE GR.3 (591BHP - 1200Kg)
    Tuning: Prohibited
    Tyre Wear : x1
    Tyre Regs : Racing Softs (Racing Super Softs for Sprint Round)
    Fuel Depletion : x2
    Initial Fuel : Default
    Qualifying regs : Pits Open, 10 mins (once 10mins is past, finish the lap you are on)
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDT Race Start 8:30 AEDT
    Room Host : @Hatfield
    Back Up Host : @JonoStan96 @Bryan_F
    Room Captain/s : @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Bryan_F

Track list (event date)
    Meet and Greet: 21/7

Round 1: Lago Maggiore GP - 25 laps - 18:15 - 28/7
    Round 2: Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop - 24 laps - 18:00 - 4/8 (1st Twilight Round)
    Round 3: Dragon Trail Seaside - 2x 16 laps - 10:00, 17:00 - 11/8 (Sprint Round)
    Round 4: Nurburgring 24h - 6 laps - 22:30 - 18/8 (2nd Twilight Round)(Reverse Championship grid)
    Round 5: Bathurst - 52 laps - 8:00 - 25/8 (Endurance & Retro Round)
    Father's Day Break 1/9
    Round 6: Monza - 26 laps - 12:00 - 8/9
    Round 7: Red Bull Ring - 24 laps - 04:45 Rain - Racing Heavy Wet - 15/9

(One drop round is available)

Room Settings:
    Room Mode: Practice/Race
    Room Name: RaceOnOz S# Div# R#
    Race Type: Race for Real
    Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
    Grid Order: Fastest First (Set by Host can be used in the event a restart is required)(Reverse Grid Based on Previous Race Results for reverse grid sprint race)
    Boost: Off
    Slipstream Strength: Real
    Visible Damage: Off
    Mechanical Damage: Light
    Grip Red. on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
    Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
    Ghosting During Race: Weak
    Shortcut Penalty: None
    Wall Collision Penalty: None
    Wall Collision Detection: Default
    Side Contact Penalty: Off
    Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
    Replace Cars When they Leave the Track: Off
    Flag Rules: On
    Blue Flag Ghosting: Off
    Countersteering Assistance: Prohibited
    Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
    Driving Line Assist: No Limit (but no cones)
    Traction Control: No Limit
    ABS: No Limit
    Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Drivers (TBC)
    1. SAR @KeedenMcdonald
    2. BHR @CaptainRisky21
    3. BHR @xlxy90
    4. PNL @Bryan_F (miss R1)
    5. BHR @Noremac
    6. GRT @razor4797
    7. SAR @Hatfield
    8. ICR @JonoStan96
    9. ICR @Motors560 (miss R1,3,5)
    10. ICR @Viperzed
    11. SAR @Russell
    12. PNL @X-WTF_MAN-X
    13. PNL @groover33
    14. GRT @ssman244
    15. .
    16. Broadcaster (PSN- tynesider)
    17. Broadcaster (PSN-demo1garage) - second camera view
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I’m going to miss Round 1 and possibly other rounds.
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Don’t yeetle the Beetle
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    You assume wrong
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Noxrai likes this.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    thanks to those who were able to attend meet n greet.
    Maybe things got a little bit out of hand, but my favourite moment had to be the final couple laps at Monza with @groover33 .
    Followed him closely and he was placing the car well defensively, then on the final corner, he missed the apex just enough that I could get down the inside, and finished ahead by 0.017
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Out of hand? With us? Never.
  8. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    That was so good. I had heaps of fun with that one but just missed it on that last turn but thought I still had you until just before the line. Hopefully it's like that in the race
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 1: Lago Maggiore GP - 25 laps - 18:15 - 28/7
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 8!! Thanks to IgnitiON Controls
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Be careful with track limits on the outside on exit of T4, inside of T13 and on the outside between T16-17. Some exceptions are the right hand side of track prior to T3 and after T10 in which you will be allowed to cross the white line.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching into T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    groover33, razor4797, xlxy90 and 2 others like this.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Beetle
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Pre-race we found @CaptainRisky21 still had crippling lag same as in the mng and so he left in qualifying.
    I managed to qualify 9th out of 10 and figured I could grab some spots if people spun etc
    ...aaaand that's what happened.
    Lap 1 @Viperzed spears across the track and narrowly misses me, and at some point @xlxy90 snags the wall of death on the exit of T15 stopping him dead.
    Later on, @groover33 @Russell & @Noremac were battling and out of the hairpin I passed them all after some sort of incident.
    So now in 4th I have to see how long I can hold off, and we aren't near the pitstop mark yet.
    Russ catches me and as we are teammates, I let him by, but he kept making mistakes, and I got him back and he made another to fall behind groover.
    I held groover behind until my pitstop on lap 13 and once groover pitted on 14, I had a gap of just over a second, which was quickly decimated.
    Then begun the battle to keep groover behind for the other half of the race.
    It was a hell of a battle, and I held him off for 4th place
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Matthyus and LE_bananajosh like this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @ssman244 did I see you say in the stream that you want back in for the remainder of the season?
    ssman244 likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Fun race, shame to see a few people knocked out through DSC’s in already small field.

Bit of a no mans land race again at Maggioire just like the 3 Hour, miles behind the car in front, miles ahead of the car behind. Hopefully I can post a bigger challenge next week.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I guess the one benefit of having a few extra grid spots open, was that tynesider could join the demo1garage account to the room and use dual camera views side-by-side in the stream
    Tristan Jones and Noxrai like this.
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Really disappointed with myself after last night. Couldn't get anywhere near my PB in qualifying which left me smack bang in the middle of the field. Got a good start but ultimately baulked by the chaos at turn 1 and lost a spot. Then heading down into the hairpin/bowl I got a wheel in the grass being an idiot and speared off back to dead last. Began to make inroads on the field with @xlxy90 at the back only for the whole suburb to lose power. Brilliant. I think I wouldve been more disappointed had I been doing well though so roll on next week I guess.
  18. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Sure did. Few minor reno’s mean my rig is in pieces (but my internet has gone from 5 > 45mbps!), but I’ll have it setup this week. Idk if I can make all the races yet, but I’ll jump in :thumbsup:
    emmo46, Matthyus, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 2: Tokyo Expressway East Outer Loop - 24 laps - 18:00 - 4/8 (1st Twilight Round)
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 8!! Thanks to IgnitiON Controls
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    As this is a street circuit, the only thing beyond the track limit, is the wall!... with one exception, being the final T12 hairpin. If you brake too deep, and run wide, please be aware of cars behind passing you on the inside to avoid contact on exit of the corner. If you turn in too early, the Barrells on the inside of the corner are HEAVY. Please avoid them at all costs. If you knock them onto the track, they may impede other drivers. Please also try to avoid the ORANGE TRACK BOLLARDS. We don't need a car flying into the air in some freak accident.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers. Of course at a track like this, bump drafting is a thing and is acceptable.

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Beetle
    ssman244 likes this.