GT Sport Season 8 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Not home today so count me out
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    This took a lot longer than it should have.
    I had to split it so that it was a 'highlight length ;), mostly
    Battle for First between @LE_bananajosh @GT_macneil29

2nd video is pure mid pack battles

Sorry I still haven't gotten around to the back pack battles that were had.
    So many overtakes and very close racing from Tokyo, I found it very hard to cut these down...
  3. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Yeah sorry lads. Didn't get around to it this week. Should be back in order this week with the sprint round if someone shares them for me after.
  4. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    It was a good race between me and @GT_macneil29
    GT_macneil29, Easyprey007 and emmo46 like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    AroGantz and Easyprey007 like this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 3 results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race 2 Results
    [​IMG]
    Race 2 Timings
    [​IMG]

RAE didn't race the 2nd race
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    The highs and lows of motor racing characterised my night last night. Stoked with my 4th place result in the first race and a 1:35.5 under race conditions, no issues at the chicane at all and finish that saw the gap to 3rd drop from 3s down to 0.5 over the last two laps (mind you @pat65 did admit he had a sloppy finish to his race).

But then it was chocolates to boiled lollies in the 2nd. Had an OK start but backed off to avoid any chaos so was towards the rear on lap one. Hit the 2nd last corner wall of the chicane of death, damage and back to 2nd last. Rinse and repeat for the 2nd lap, now back to last and that's where I stayed, clipping that same corner 2 more times. Curse me for not practising the change of conditions for the second race. I figured out during the race that the change in lighting meant that that corner was not well lit, blending it with the opposite wall meaning I couldn't sight it well enough to miss it.

Ah well, c'est la vie, pas de gare de mouton perdu.
  8. GT_macneil29

GT_macneil29 Rookie

PSN ID
    Macneil_29
    I think me an bannajosh are right on par just his end race is slightly stronger
  9. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Another rubbish qualli for me which seems to be the normal routine come race day, but 10th was even worse than expected.:thumbsdown:

Race 1: good start off the line, making up a few spots until the bus(ter) stop;), hitting both inside & outside walls to end up facing backwards & dead last. Chased down @Aza2672 & passed him only to throw it away again going in to turn 6. Got past again later & had a ding dong battle with @Matthyus who had also came to grief at the bus stop. Unfortunately this resulted in catching, drafting & clashing with fellow teammate @robin edwards (sorry mate!) as we went side by side through turn 1. Continued to fight with @Matthyus who drove strongly to retake me, only to throw his advantage away by bouncing off the curb at turn 3 into a tank slapper & spun. Like I said post race I felt sorry for ya @Matthyus!:(
    Finished where I started in 10th, after @NAACS pulled over on the last lap to let the seasons contenders through. I guess this set me up for a better race 2.

Race 2: Again a good start up to 2nd from 4th on the grid. Managed to hold off @deedz_aus (great battle deeds!:thumbsup:) @Tristan Jones & @pat65 for numerous laps who were all on fire & threw everything at me, but luck was on my side, rather than theirs as they battled each other which gave me a bit of breathing room.
    @NAACS had cleared off into the distance but once again, on the last lap, did the honourable thing & let the field through.
    So happy to take the race 2 win. Just wished we could have full points for both races.:D
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    deedz_aus, Matthyus and LE_bananajosh like this.
  10. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    :laugh: That'd increase my tally by 2! :p
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  11. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    We’re pretty much done everything we did together last week and last night
  12. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Subject to confirmation by ROOZ organisation (i.e. @Matthyus, the Statsmeister) here's my take on last nights results (I was filling in time waiting for a meeting to start & couldn't quite work it out in my head).
    [​IMG]
    @Matthyus do you normally count drivers on equal points in equal place i.e. see 6th @deedz_aus & I?
  13. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I won by 2.5 points. YES!!!! Grazie
  14. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Count-back on First race result for a disputed place
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    As XL said. Use first race result to decide who beats who in a tie. In this case. You!!
  16. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I had a cracker of a night! Doubly surprising for having done no pre race day practise at all. I wonder if that is a good strategy for Nurb, given we can't see where we are driving anyway? I had already played with brake balance though, which I think played out worse for me at Tokyo, and great for me here.

Was getting a few low 37's in practise in the minutes before the race, got just enough practise in to see where I needed to change to make fuel last, and to know flat out wouldn't cut it. Was surprised to replicate some low 37s on full tank in qually, but did have a tow going on. Tow crashed, and then somehow managed a pb 36.5 for qually, started feeling a bit better about my pace!

The rest was a blur...somehow managing to rub shoulders further up the order than I usually do, even after crashing at the bus stop halfway through the second race I wasn't that disappointed - I had great fun with all those battles!!
    Buster_Danis, Noxrai and Matthyus like this.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Qualed yet again in 7th.
    First race = Bus stop and wide at the esses...
    Second race = Bus stop and wide at the esses...

Glad to see my ability during the Sprint races has stood the test of time.
    Glad to see the back of it and on to more exciting races, where we can't see anything :eek::D
  18. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

If it’s any consolation you made my first race more exciting!;):thumbsup:
    Matthyus likes this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I had good moments, but they were overshadowed by doing silly little things...
    Things that do happen, but I thought that I had moved on from..
    Hopefully I can bring some of the fight I had last season back and actually be competitive in this Division.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm glad I was in div 3 last season and not this one. You must be struggling with this car a little because you were very competitive and we were close on times last season but you are comparatively off the pace this season. I am practicing just as hard this season as I did last season but am off the div 2 pace more than I was last season. I enjoy the VW on smooth tracks but don't like the way it handles bumps and kerbs. As for nurb this weekend. FFS and WTF.