ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Next track will be at Paul ricard for both Wednesday and next Monday, Wednesdays will stay on the Singapore server but after tonight's better turnout I think we could try run another 90 minute race on that server Monday as netcode was ok and 20 starters is considerably better then 8. ;)
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Well last night was fun! First time back in ACC for about 2 weeks, been lurking around AC in my time off...
    Have Mondays still locked in for simracing with the Minister of Home Affairs so I jumped on AC and it was pretty quiet so I thought hey why not check ACC since I was online...
    Was cool to finally see ROOZ server at the top of the list with a shedload of drivers on there!! :D About effing time :D
    Not having to scroll or word search "onoz" was such a refreshing change (and lucky because I wouldn't have word searched).
    Load the trusty Boatly because I knew the fuel would get me a very long way down the road with it and just drive... didn't care about tires... they were staying on unless it was torrential rain lol
    Was really good, thoroughly enjoyed it, cheers for the racing! Well done @tezpez85 and @andyo450 :thumbsup:
    Good to be racing with you all too!!
    I'm trying a different volume/mic setup so sorry to all if I was really quiet etc...
    I have to work it out still as when someone talks it kills all game volume... kept on thinking I'd blown my motor or run out of fuel the first few times. lol
    tezpez85, c4rLo5 and nanlatt like this.
  3. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Very happy with how that round turned out. Not too many mistakes and was able to skate around on the dry's in slippery conditions just well enough. I was able to make some adjustments in practice to the setup I was working on for the Fezza and it was the last few changes late in the session that gave it some good turn. Congrats to @Andy who almost pipped me at the post and the ever speedy @Rolz who surprised the hell out of me with how much time he made in the pits!

@Chris Nipperess - no worries mate, I apologise for giving you a bit of a punt. The blue flags were waving and you braked quite early for that corner so I thought you wanted to let me through.

@marty - I know I shouldn't laugh, but that guy was just too good for us n00bs :laugh:
    What a turd :poop:
  4. Chris Nipperess

Chris Nipperess New Recruit

Its all good, i was that far out of the mix by that stage that it didn't really affect anything!! It was probably a combination of running the leanest mixtures and your car appearing and disappearing in the mirrors! Glad it didn't ruin your race though mate!
    tezpez85 likes this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

We racing anything in particular tomorrow?
  6. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

90 minutes at Paul Ricard. Weapon of choice I think?
    marty and Godzilla like this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes 90 minutes at Paul Ricard, will run the Singapore server again and see if we get decent numbers again as there have been very few Aussies online at any time these days.
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Unfortunately I won’t be helping the numbers this week. Put the Rift up for sale to help fund the rift S and it sold quicker then expected. Rift S won’t be here until Thursday or so
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Monday race night server is up, 4x time scale with race starting at 5pm so should finish in the dark tonight at Paul ricard on the Singapore server.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

That was amazing fun...especially my first stint chasing Vandelay for 5th. I was slowly gaining and got the gap down to 2 seconds just before I had to go in for fuel. Came out and started to get impatient...and of course put it into the wall! Pit again for repairs, just taking it easy and then binned it as night fell ten minutes from the end. disappointing end but lots of fun and great practice on a track I almost never drive - actually started to like it quite a bit!

Great race gents, thanks to all.
    nanlatt and marty like this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

tezpez85 likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

@SteveDrivingSlowly Seems the qualy order is upside down, may need a bit more spacing in the times columns. If possible some colour to highlight best lap, podium places, car models etc. ;)

Would be cool if there was info on number of stops, pit stop time etc also as this would indicate it was hard to beat the no stopper from @andyo450 :thumbsup:

Its also a track Im not great at but I had to abandon the 911 as it was either pretty slow and unstable or very slow and still fairly unstable. The Lambo was pretty quick it seems maybe 1.5 sec faster then I was in the 911 and way more stable even in these greazy conditions in all sessions.

Its a cool technical layout I just never drove it too much in the past, gets pretty tricky at night as its very hard to see the brake point and turn in to that fast corner after the back straight.

The following Monday race will be at Misano the same as the next Wednesday race, will keep it at a 90 minute race. If we get an update that allows for sprint format racing by then it will be changed to a 1 hr sprint format race.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  13. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Apologies about tonight - button box rotary dials have gone bung. Had the engine map stuck on 12 for several laps and tried to change it on the straights to no avail. Should have waited a bit for Rolz's tip about the MFD... It's simultaneously activating + and - at the same time from what it looks like in Windows. Will remap tonight.
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

Absolutely - good ideas! Will try and get the manufacturer logos in there for each car at some point. Spent todays lunch tidying up some code and implementing the auto naming for sessions, recording the session date and time from filename. Tomorrow will try for multi-file upload and race editing functionality. After that is in, that is all of the main structural stuff - so I can then go back to the json and start trying to extract more info about penalties, pitstips etc (if it is in there)
    marty likes this.
  15. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Not to take away from the tactical success of Andy and Art, but isn't it a bit unfair if the Bentleys don't have to stop for fuel? Without a fuel multiplier, there's not much you can do I suppose, except for making the races even longer.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

I think we just need to be clear prior to the race if a stop is required or not.

If it is not required, then it is up to the individual based on car choice etc.

I didn't realise you could make the 90 minutes without a stop in any car TBH!

Makes no practical difference to me as I defeated myself in the end :D
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Unfortunatly there is not much we can really do until they add Blancpain rules to servers. They have a max stint limit of 65 minutes and also a minimum stop time which will balance out the cars much better.

Even currently if you enforced everyone needs to stop any length race there are some cars that get a big advantage as they can add much less fuel taking a much shorter stop.

The Porsche and Merc can barely make 60 minutes on a full tank so will need to add half a tank for a 90 minute race or another tank for a 2hr race. A bit less if you fuel save all race but then the Bentley can run full power on a full tank and likely get 90 minutes out of it so it can add much less fuel on any longer race and make a huge gain on stop time.

I dont know if the Aston could normally make that distance but as it was a greazy race even in the Lambo I could have ran about 75 minutes at full power and no deliberate fuel saving at that pace. Maybe in a lower power mode it could have made it the full distance, I always planed to stop though and had I known I needed more pace I maybe could have just about found those 20 seconds more during the race, but likely would have crashed. I went hard the last 15 minutes after my stop seeing Andy likely wont stop but was about 40 seconds behind and that was too late to try make that much time up. That 2.4hr race was a big challenge in the same way as really most cars needed 2 stops but a few coukd do it on 1 fairly easily. I chose the Merc and had to fuel save full race to make the distance and I still had to limp home the last 2 laps as I was out of fuel.

So to summarize a long post hopefully we can add these ruoes to keep all car choices open for longer races.
    nanlatt and Wally like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The funny thing is the no stop strategy is an actual Endurance run and if you were to run a 90 minute race not planning a stop its probably doable in most cars. Youd really need to manage the race to achieve this so sacrifice quite a bit of pace. The real Blancpain rules format mostly turns a 24hr race into extended multiple sprint runs. But the cars arent really balanced for unlimited endurance runs, maybe the Bentley is a bit slow early on a full tank but if you only needed 65 minutes of fuel it may be quicker and match the fuel hungry cars better. If stop times are the same for all if not needing repairs then theres is not much point saving too much fuel in a race or saving tyres if they can make the distance reasonably well.
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Could the other cars make the distance running a different engine map? If so people in that car could post their recommended map on the forums to help make it "fair"
  20. Mael

Mael Professional

Should have let me know Marty, I'm slow enough as it is! :speechless: