DIVISION 4 - SEASON 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Wife decided to have a dinner party! No racing for me then - tonight.

Good luck
    seowster likes this.
  2. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Ok well not a bad nite. After getting dive bombed And taking avoiding action on my first qualifying hot lap to save the other 3 cars behind me from loosing a lap I was very flustered and couldn’t put a lap together to save my life. 10th was the best I could do. At this stage I wasn’t very happy but calmed myself and took a very easy first corner and lost another spot just to avoid any first corner problems. Fortunately the first corner was clean. The second corner was where all the action took place and hung back watching the carnage then took the opportunity to take a inside line and grab 7th place. After a few laps I overtook 2 people making mistakes getting me up to fifth. Pitted lap 14 and took front Tyers thinking people who did t would struggle towards the end. Came out at 6th kept it consistent and clean and ended up grabbing a forth only 3 seconds I think it was behind 3rd which I would have taken if I had another lap. So In the end things ended reasonably well.....huge thumbs up to the back markers who seemed to do a fantastic job moving over and clearing the way. Don’t worry boys after another season or so you will find your pace and get right up there. Thanks again.
    stucar17, George, Rebort and 4 others like this.
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    There is a couple of protests here lads...

Stay tuned for us to sort results etc, will try to sort asap....
    Luke W, JJ_Penguin, George and 2 others like this.
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Hey stu..when do we vote for next seasons car. Hoping not to much downtime between seasons as I’m having a great time
    Anthonyb and Dazza like this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    wont go to a vote per-say, myself and Ads will make a call on what we think will mix it up a little and provide the best racing

In the past when we have put things up for votes etc, all it does is create a :):):):) fight that we dont need.

There will be a few weeks break, and the new season will be looking to start after the next school holidays, so it stays in line with the 4 seasons a year, all run during the school term when the most people are available.

Ill set up a new entry thread in the next day or so... possibly today....I just need to get the driver briefing done for the enduro and finalise the protests for the last round.
    Dazza and PaulCox like this.
  6. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Awsome..thank you
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    what i will say re the car..... I am keen to look at the touring cars (FWD) that the guys used in a short mini season about 6 months ago.... Was some great racing in them, and there may even be the possibility to run 2 different cars as they were almost identical on pace. I need to do a bit more testing on that though... The Indycar has been mentioned in the past, and is also a huge mix up as far as pits go as the thing is an animal on tyres.... Also the GT4/5 ginetta is a car known for some unbelievable pack racing..... so we have some options, and will be busy testing once we get through this round.
    PaulCox and Dazza like this.
  8. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Love the touring cars..is usually what I’m racing when I’m not practicing for league races. Look forward to catching ya online one night soon to have ago.
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  10. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    I have loved this seasons car even with the tracks i haven't been fast in practice
    I have still loved the great diversity through the pack and i have learnt so much with everyone from all div's (practice)
    So bring on next season + the enduro's :thumbsup:
  11. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Woooo bloody Hoooo and I did a Bradby and skate in for 3rd at hockenheim
    Dazza and Anthonyb like this.
  12. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    looks like it was ur lucky night lol :):thumbsup:
    PaulCox likes this.
  13. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Worked hard for it tho, made up a lot of ground. Just goes to show never give up.
    Dazza and Anthonyb like this.
  14. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

How are the divisions set?
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    We set them based on championship position from previous season.... Top guy 'generally' goes up, lowest place getter we look to slot down a div... generally works really well. is dependant on numbers though and best fit to make the divs work.
    Also, if after the first week there is a driver who is 'clearly' out of position, we will adjust where required.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    With the number of new drivers, and a number of questions of how the stewards group came to the protest ruling from last weeks race, i just wanted to make a couple of things clear in regards to how we get to a ruling and penalty....

- We try to be as impartial as we can when we make these rulings
    - if there is any sort of conflict of interest, we will ask another moderator to act as a steward on that occasion
    - We use a model similar to what F1 and Supercars use.... IE Drive through or time penalties all based on the type of incident, history, intent and regulations outlined in the driver briefing.
    - A basic drive through time is 'approx' 20 seconds
    - We do look at the type of incident, consequences for both drivers, finishing position after the incident.

With those parameters we try to work to, we will still have occasion where one side of any protest may feel hard done by.
    - There is no perfect way to penalise when each incident is different.
    - Drivers who are involved in multiple incidents in the one race will have each incident ruled on as separate incidents. If its the same type of incident, penalties for 2nd or 3rd offences may receive a harsher penalty.
    - A drivers history will effect the severity of penalties, repeat offenders will have added penalties or requirements if we feel its needed to get them to drive 'clean' in the interest of the community.

Penalties are there as a DETERRENT for poor or rough driving. We are very lucky at the moment that we have had very few issues over the last few seasons. For the most part drivers have redressed most of the time, and apologised after the race.
    That said, we are here for competitive 'racing', and sometimes accidents happen. Just look at the scotty mac incident at newcastle in 2017.... Was lots of people with different opinions !
    - Competitive racing will bring out some 50/50 calls. In that case drivers are entitled to continue their race, and use the stewards group to ask for clarification on whether the move / contact / incident was above board or out of line.
    - Its pretty clear when you run up the arse of another driver, push them off track, you should redress.
    - If you get into a corner too hot, and use another car as a rail to make a corner, it would most probably receive a penalty.

The incident with Arnold and Sparkygod last week was an accident, that Arnold has been penalised for, and accepted. There was no intent to take his team mate out, however our ruling was based on the video showing that Arnold moved left, and made contact with Sparky, sending them both off track..... It was his first offence after approx 10 seasons, he made contact with his team mate which has implications for the teams championship AND lost the win. Had he redressed, any penalty would have been determined on the redress and finishing positions of both drivers... I understand 100% the disappointment of any driver who is taken out, but balancing the penalties, consistency and being fair to those affected leaves us on ahiding to nothing !

Ive rambled enough, so probably the best advice i can give, if you feel you have 'caused' another driver to crash, or be disadvantaged, a redress and apology after the race could go a long way to save you from a penalty.....
    If you have any other questions, or want clarification on anything feel free to PM me, or a chat in a lobby one night.....
    Drive as fast as you can, respect all your competitors ;):thumbsup:
    Aykay, AOCleaner74, garyw61 and 2 others like this.
  17. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Just being nostalgic but the TC cars on the tracks that featured in the original TOCA game would be cool
  18. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Dam got kick or something during my pit stop. Gggrrrr. Was having a great race fighting for 9th/10th.

Thanks for a good season gents.
    stucar17, Anthonyb and Dazza like this.
  19. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    I would like to put a Big Thank You out to everyone I have raced and Practiced against this season, it has been a Tough season for all but a great car to cut our teeth on, very testing tracks (stewards group :thumbsup:)
    I have learnt a lot and made many new friends,
    Cant wait for next season (New car , New Tracks) bring on the rain LOL
    see you guys on the Black Stuff:sneaky:
    stucar17, Anthonyb and PaulCox like this.
  20. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Well I can’t say much about that race except AWSOME....was long and can’t remember when everything happened but it had everything for me..overtaking, few small errors, some fantastic lap times and lots and lots of consatration. First let me say I want to move to Monza, where the sun never goes down..( just kidding Dazza wasn’t a problem) and sorry to Colin that your wheel stuffed up and you missed it.

Qualifying was ok at 4th then the race started very cleanly..stayed with the top pack and got up to second because of a few errors in front. By this time adge was 7 seconds ahead and I held it there untill I pitted at lap 24. Was going to stay out but noticed I had no fuel left lol. Lucky I been practicing pit stop strategies on the fly because by this time I knew the sun wasn’t going down. So I filled up and went the hards then put my head down and got on with the job. Came out in second 8.5 seconds behind adge and 7 seconds in front of azza who was super quick and catching fast. The gap went down to about 4 seconds then to my relief he pitted again. Now I had sparky 10 seconds behind and was feeling good...2 small errors got that down to 3 seconds and the race was on with about 12 to go. Errors by both of us saw second change 3 times then I had a big moment into Askari and fell back 9 seconds. Finished 3rd which I was stoked with as was my 3rd podium in 5 races ( yes I count the one because of penalty) .
    This made me happy as I got 6th in my first race back and that was my top position at the time so I feel I’m improving fast.
    Thanks to dazza for hosting and congratulations to adge on the title. Looking forward to racing with you all next season yas are a good bunch of guys. Thanks for the fun.