ACC Getting some visibility on the web

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Wally, Aug 31, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have made a track rotation server in Singapore AWS and Australia SA75 Q10 R15, will need to check in game to make sure I didn't stuff it up but they should work.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Thanks Marty, I will try and get in there when I can even if just practicing.

Will be good to have a beer and race with chatting throughout etc.

I will try and get up to speed on the server admin stuff - thanks for adding me but tbh I have no clue and have never done any game admin stuff. Even though I've been gaming online for a VERY LONG time in various teams and whatnot - I've always been lucky to find places like this where there are generous and active admins who have done that for me.

Perhaps it's time I learned a new skill!
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The ingame server admin stuff is pretty easy just a few basic server commands, this is from the admin handbook. There are a few more but not really needed for general server admins.
    [​IMG]
    The reason to give lots of guys admin access is so if they are in a server practicing they can do this basic stuff if needed, if there is a Muppet best to ban rather then kick as ban is in effect until the server is shut down and restarted. A kick allows them to re-join instantly so fairly pointless.

With Restart and next session there is a delay and it can freak out the server a bit at times. If you restart a qualy session it keeps your best time from the previous session. If you go to next session it needs to use up the full server session over time setting before going to the next session.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  4. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Hey marty, can I be added as an admin please
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I had a search for your GUID but didnt see it posted here so will need that to give you admin access via entry list.

EDIT: Not sure how I searched first time but it was not very well, maybe the one server I searched you werent entered in the entry list. I have added you as admin and updated all the ROOZ servers to have the same list now.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

great, thanks mate thats handy
  7. Cooper

Cooper Rookie Gold Member

lol, Im not sure what to say, I always search for raceon, i even looked today, i blame NSW education, or my parents.
    Update...i see what happened, i was looking for next track.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I can put up some servers with the next track tomorrow, the one thing I noticed with the long practice server is it mostly ends up starting as a green track. It seems there is nothing we can do in the current server build. We can set day 1 2 or 3 which is meant to mean day 3 will be Sunday and likely to have most rubber down but this really doesnt work as it is meant to.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Had a bit of fun in the servers today, was a couple canadians and things didnt get off on the best start but had some good races with them even if chat got a little spicy at times. ;)

Not my fault if a guy says I am slow AF and he is 1 second faster then me. He had decent pace but only got me once in qualy out of about 6 by less then .1 and races was like 5/1 my way. Contacts 0/3 my way too but I never complained about the hits I got, yet it started spicey as they were discussing SA farming when they first joined the server.

Connections were pretty decent with their pings around 220 so likely east coast, probably french canadians going by the way some chat went as the Canadiens I have met in the West were generally nicer to begin with. :roflmao:
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

Damn eish i had been around for that today
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Kind of shows how timezone to US really doesnt work for us but actually Euro's on weekends should be ok. I am watching the WRC from turkey now so you could get more Europeans in these servers on our weekend evenings.

The server set for q10 r20 q10 r20 day races then night races does mix it up a bit.

The dynamic weather seemed to be wet 50% of the time so maybe a bit more often then ideal but no undriveable storms in the server.

Hopefully a future server build will give us a bit more control over the likely chance of rain but I will try some even lower settings. I do like running any conditions but it really doesnt seem the most popular option for the majority to run in the rain.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I did add an extra server on the Singapore Azure one with open practice a Barcelona. I tamed the weather settings even more and its meant to be day 3 so should be mostly dry and a bit of grip. But if that's what you get nobody knows. :p
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Godzilla like this.
  13. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

If that's my steam ID it's:76561198425863450