ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The next Monday race will be at Spa, open car choice 90 minutes with a 65 minute max stint limit.
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Is that stint limit something you can set on the server now? Nice.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We can set it in a private server but also like pit window its not actually enforced in the current build so we need to assume guys here can play within the rules if the game tells them they need to stop.

Current server build is just a preview of rules hopefully 1.1 will actually have these fully featured and stable.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Tonights race is a 90 minute race at Spa, open car choice with max stint limit of 65 minutes requiring fuel to be added on the stop. It will be a passworded server again using "rooztest" as the password.

With daylight savings having started it may be an hour earlier start time in states that dont use daylight savings with practice at 7:30 AEDT qualy at 8:30.

From after this race we will try open servers again as this is the last thing that needs testing to see how stint limits work. In the server I have also had to force all in the entry list to use names we have set as otherwise we dont get all drivers GUID in the race results. We need these to keep server records and also for future season points, if anyone wants to race under a different name to what they show in the server let me know and I will change it for next time. ;)
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race will be delayed 30 min due to daylight savings and at least 1 queenslander wanting some dinner. ;)
  7. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Sorry about the messiness in the opening laps Steve. I haven't got the replay back that far, but I thought I was clear of you there at Blanchimont, but we just tagged each other. Luckily for me I managed to hang onto a massive slide and keep going. Then a few laps later, I missed my braking at the final chicane and couldn't pull the car up and had to cut the last corner. I was keeping an eye on where you were on the radar, but you disappeared, so I don't know what happened there.

But for the rest of the race, I kept it all together without incident, and beat Marty and Godzilla! :thumbsup:
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  9. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Will give this a shot tomorrow, I’m fairly solidly 1 second off the pace it seems.
    I doubt it’s the setup though
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For next Monday we will run a 60 minute open high SA server race with no rules or forced stops, will run on the aussie one enforcing 250ms ping limit for Monday and Wednesday will try a Singapore server for 2x30 minute sprints. The track will be Zolder for the next 2 races, if by any chance v1.1 comes then this may change but I dont think this will come until the end of October at the earliest.

Hopefully that build will allow us to set server rules and enforce them and we will be able to run a full ROOZ season on Mondays the week after 1.1 drops and we give it 1 test Wednesday and Monday. ;)
    krunch, Rolz and tezpez85 like this.
  12. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Ready for a season!
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hey mate, no worries at all. I was pushing hard around the outside after getting a great exit out of Stavelot running side by side with you on the approach to Blanchimont when we came together - trying to force you onto the inside line and play chicken to see who would lift first. I had made the call it was me and was just starting to lift so you probably saw me dropping back on the radar and came across.

My problem at bus stop was all on me - after I went in for repairs the car was a real handful and I was fighting snap over-steer. As I came up to the bus stop the rear end just kicked out and I span. Then I was like "I'm two laps down, and I need to get up at 5:00 AM - time for bed!!!". Work is crushing me at the moment!

It was a great first few laps running close with you - you were quicker through sector one, we were about even in sector two and I had the edge in sector three. The Ferrari seems to get a great exit on those mid-fast corners like Stavelot and the final corner before the straight at Barcelona - whereas other cars seem to go better through Eau Rouge and the slow-mid paced sections.
  14. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yeah, you got big in my mirrors quite quickly under brakes. That Ferrari must have some stopping power. That right hander onto the "back straight" towards Blanchimont has always been a weakness of mine. I'm sure a bad exit from there is what's killing my laptime, sector 2 is particularly bad for me.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

With the ferrari I am flat out about half the time through there and the rest of the time just a small lift. I found that short shifting into 4th helps keep the momentum but it's probably different with other cars.
  16. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Wasn't able to get there last night. Anyone have a replay they'd like to upload?
  17. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

krunch and nanlatt like this.
  18. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Always fun to drive Spa.

Although I've been racing the Audi recently this was the first time in it at Spa. The couple of laps I managed in prac with full fuel sure had my attention at Eau Rouge (and the attention of flag marshalls too) so I used qual to test some quick tweaks such as increased ride height! I managed to make the car 'safer' but every lap was still rather sketchy. Even so, how much fun is it to skate on the edge of disaster each lap and make it out the other side? Heaps!

It's also quite fun to get away with a massive Eau Rouge spin and not only miss the walls but end up pointing in the correct direction! The price I paid for that bit of luck was four very flat spotted tyres which made for some interesting handling. In slow corners the car would almost start to 'crab walk' and lurch about as I tried to make the apex. As there was still more than an hour to go I considered swapping my strat to an earlier stop once inside the 65 min zone. However I felt the tyres were hanging in and the shaking was slowly reducing plus as fuel was reducing I figured I could manage it. I also didn't want to sacrifice my low fuel running segment of the race as I'd started with a full tank.

The car only became a bit tricky near the end of the stint as the worn tyres finally ran out of grip but my pit stop fixed that and I got back into some smooth running.

Came home 5th after some serious attrition in the field, but I'll take it as this race was all about survival :).

Thanks Andy for the setup you've posted and thanks CB for the replay.
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi all - just a quick note regarding the results site that is in development (alpha).
    I had to reset a chunk of the database at the results site today. This means some results links are broken here now. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes - but unfortunately due to the (extreme-macguyver) development method I am using (a.k.a. "I have 5 minutes ok what will I do?") this is occasionally necessary.

Once we have our first league up and running I will implement proper staging and development branches for the project, and regularly back-up the DB so we can make sure our historical data is kept safely. However, for the sake of speed in getting this off the ground, I am not devoting time to setting that kind of stuff up just yet.

The good news is admins can now give you penalties manually for any naughty behavior - so you had better be nice from now on, or else you will be punished!
    Wally, krunch, marty and 3 others like this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

All good I put up the results again for the last race, and tested the penalty feature. I wonder who to and why a penalty was given? :rolleyes::p