ACC ACC Singapore Wednesday night race

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Sep 1, 2019.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

[​IMG]

Good race lads - very impressive pace up front.

I had a shocker first race after chasing nanlatt and dominiak for ages I binned it and then continued to bin it more...eughhh

Second race a bit better but way off the pace, even moreso than usual. I need to spend more time on this track.

By the way here is my homemade button box and also the reason why I ran without lights for the first half of the second race - I was like "something is different to normal, why is this so damn difficult today??!?!"

"oh...I have to switch lights on myself now...tee hee hee"
    tezpez85, Rolz, krunch and 5 others like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are the highlight videos from both races tonight.

tezpez85, Rolz and c4rLo5 like this.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Such a tease when you go to watch them and they are still processing...
    marty likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

5. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Thanks for the racing lads - good stuff on a tight track. Some bumps and scrapes added to the excitement :).

BTW @marty any idea why I've suddenly become krunch krunch on the server instead of my real name? I don't think I've changed anything at my end.
    tezpez85 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We have had to force all users on the entry list to use whatever names are there, when I made this I didnt know the names all wanted to race under so just guessed a few. Anyone that wants to change their name in the server let me know what you want it to be and I will make this change.

First name: XXXXXX
    Second Name: XXXXXX
    3 Letter Abbreviation for the Car display. XXX

This needed to be done after we noticed the results files weren't showing the users GUID for some guys entered in the entry list in a test the other week, making it very hard for @SteveDrivingSlowly to work on his stat tracking for the server results.

This will also be used for future season points standings and track, personal and car records. Also it will give a way for users to log into the site and see more detailed info for sessions or their own results though most is still WIP, Steve is doing some great work and its starting to come together very nicely already.
  7. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

thanks for getting my guid on, some recent crazy encounters with the ai made my rating drop hard. I haven't put a lot into getting to know this sim, I still don't even know the ideal tyre press lol (assume between 28-30). Also wanted to try a different car, mostly just drive the lexus and bently, the jag was quite a beast and had to turn up the abs/tc just to keep it straight lol. it didn't like the sausage curbs particularly the ones at the back chicane and also felt really understeery through there but pretty good otherwise. Haven't done much night driving so the second race went to $h!t dropping from third as I started to lose my braking points and bounce off almost every sausage on track...thanks guys good fun.
    marty and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  8. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

great to be racing again with you all last night!
    R1 was top race, had a ding dong battle with Tez and was lucky he pulled a mistake as the pressure he was putting me under I was bound to make a mistake myself!
    Q2 was feeling pumped after probably my 2nd fastest time around Zolder and 3 laps in a row all in the 1:28's :)
    R2 was so annoyed with myself to just kiss Barra and send him off... redressed and then just had fun racing from the back... such a joy to drive with crew that have such good spacial awareness.... 2 wide through that evil chicane with Krunch was cool... both didn't give an inch but both gave each other room to make it through :)
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

MO WIPAZ
    krunch, marty and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

MO RAIN = MO WIPAz
    tezpez85 likes this.
  11. tezpez85

Yeah, last night was a learning experience. I learnt to raise the front on Zolder!

R1: Setup was off, but still managed to harass @Rolz for a while before becoming unstuck on the Villeneuve chicane, spinning / stalling 3 times and then accidentally taking out @Captain Barracuda just as I got back on the circuit. What a mess. If you spin there just take it easy coming back, it's not worth the carnage. Finished 7th in what can only be described as a write-off.

R2: Made a few setup changes (raising the front amongst other things!) and that made the car a lot more driveable. I took advantage of an incident in front to take the lead and maintained the lead until the end, however @Godzilla was hounding me all the way. On the very last lap I cocked up Villeneuve again and he got side by side, but I was on the inside so I kept the lead. Still not the fastest, so some more tweaking is required.

Interesting tight circuit. I used to really dislike it, but it's just technical and has a steep learning curve.
    krunch, Rolz, nanlatt and 3 others like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Wednesday nights race will be 2x 30 minutes at Nurburgring, this will be open server on a Singapore server with no country in the name. Will do this to test if having Singapore in the name is what scares more people off then the high pings they seem more likely to join the Aussie servers with.

Will see what sort of turnout this gets, if there arent enough extras join then maybe will hold of the fun runs on Singapore servers until after 1.1 is released which may possibly get more users to join a wednesday scheduled race on a better location global server. Not much point raising all our pings if we dont get any more join with this server that are within an acceptable ping range. We did get 17 starters for the 60 minute open Monday on the Aussie server and had to kick about 4 guys with high pings.
    Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  13. tezpez85

The replays look terrible because of the high pings on Singapore. The Oz servers make the replays look fantastic.
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

Sadly I'm probably gonna miss the next two races as I have in laws up and company conference next Monday :(
    Rolz likes this.
  15. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I may not make tonight either. Going to do my best to though.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Clearly its not as great as Sub 30ms average pings on the Singapore server but the ones above werent that terrible.
    Your connection did have some troubles when the torrents were running so on your local replays it wouod look like we all saw your car. I think the last race on the Singapore your connection was better sonit shouodnt have been as bad.

Still the main reason for trying Singapore servers was to get a few more as we arent getting too many locals still. For the open servers using the Singapore ones if anyone wants a casual race is probably a better option as there are no ping likits and others will have better connections to these servers.

With race nights and more locals then the Aussie servers make sense especially for any official races and a proper season.

If we get options to do more with servers and set scheduoed races I would try to have at least 1 scheduled race set for each day. Without ping limits Aussie servers are fairpy useless without an admin if it gets busy it will be mostly 300ms plus guys.

17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For some reason I am getting higher pings to the Azure Singapore server atm both in lobby and ingame, the tracert is still 89 for me. If people could take a look at the lobby and let me know what they are getting to the Aussie server, the Singapore Azure and the Singapore AWS.

Tonight we may try run the Singapore AWS if nobody has a massive ping to this, we have ran the Azure one I think all Singapore race nights so far. For the actual race I will take Singapore off the server name though when official practice starts up at 8pm AEDST
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have put up the Race Night server on the Singapore AWS instance for now, can move servers if others are getting much bigger pings to this one before qualy starts to either Azure or the Aussie server. I will see what pings people are getting in this and if anyone goes on discord to let me know what they are getting to the others.

Race tonight is 2x30 minutes as usual with qualy at 9PM Melbourne time
    Race 1 will be daytime and race 2 into the night with 4x time scale at Nurburgring
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We were all getting random pings to the Singapore servers tonight with quite a few well over 250 so I have moved tonight to an aussie one.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

in laws are delayed - Im back on!