ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

should be Nurburgring... everyone gets used to it setup wise etc on the Wednesday before then long race on the Monday
    Coanda likes this.
  2. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I see.. Thanks mate.. :thumbsup:
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

So if I have understood correctly tonights race is a long one with a mandatory pitstop. How long is the race?
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Standard is 90 minutes
    Coanda likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

wOw I better get some rest as that will be a first for me.. :coffee:
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Haha, yeah, they are a bit of a work out, longest we have run is 2 hours so far, very mentally draining and easy to lose concentration in the later stages
    Coanda likes this.
  7. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Nurburgring
    Coanda likes this.
  8. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Won't make it tonight lads. Enjoy the racing. Would enjoy watching some replays if someone can upload.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sorry guys I stuffed the times up lol, daylight savings and not enough sim time has got me stuffed. Practice server going up now for 30 minutes and qualy will be at 8:40 but should have been 8:30

90 Minute race at Nürburgring, and here's me getting home a bit late thinking I had heaps of time to get things going.:oops:
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race results, good stuff all.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    nanlatt, Coanda and krunch like this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the race, well done to @andyo450 on a solid win in the Mclaren and @Coanda getting the podium with me in the middle.

Sorry all for the brain fade setting up the server tonight :sleep:, as I had no time to run any laps during the week I went the Lexus which I was a bit quicker then in the 911 on Wednesday night.

Was kind of surprised to be at the good end of the time sheets in the sessions but only just sneaking a lap in at the end of qualy.

Race I had an ok start but had a bit of a run on Andy but I could only go wide at t2 which then gave @tezpez85 the inside and I lost another spot to him at the start which seems like it happens most races at the moment lol.

No idea what sort of fuel all were running but I had enough for an hour thinking Id run long if I still had some pace then use the fresh rubber at the end if I needed to make some time.

I managed to get past Terry as he had a small spin in the first part of the race, then I tried all I could to catch Andy. Looked like we had pretty similar pace and it also looked like he may have not wanted to lead and I got the spot after he made a small error and was very friendly side bye side into the chicane. ;)

I then tried to get away but this wasnt looking likely as we ran qualy pace pretty much every lap. Andy stopped aith around 40 minutes to go. I still had some car pace so tried to stay out and use the rest of my fuel. Seems our actual in and out laps I only lost about 1 second to Andy but his undercut gained about .5 per lap until I stopped 12 or so minutes later. I saw he had good pace and that he probably already had me after his first flying lap on new rubber.

I came out of the pits around 6-7 seconds behind and found I had a few tenths on him per lap on my good ones and tried hard to make up the time. Got it under 3 seconds at the line so it was a good fight back but I suspect the Lexus is a bit quicker and Im sure I wouldnt have been as quick in the Mclaren as Andy was.
    tezpez85 and Coanda like this.
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well that was eventful, 4 spins, two contacts (sorry @Wally ) and getting nowhere and not fast...
    I seem to always go through a stage by lap 4 or 5 where the thing just won’t stick to the track, straight in to oversteer on turn in and almost impossible to catch, a few laps after that it’s fine again. Not sure if it’s graining, blistering, or just a lack of skill, I suspect it’s a little of the first two and a lot of the later...
  13. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Pretty sure this is the initial bite in the tyres wearing off compounded by the fact mid engineed cars wear the rears a bit quicker. I feel it too but the lambo is probably a bit more twitchy than the others.

Cracking racing tonight. Well done @marty to finish second. There was bugger all in that the whole way. Nice work on third @Coanda.
    marty, Coanda and tezpez85 like this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thanks guys for tonight.. My first 90 min race which I enjoyed a lot. :) A hot start with Frosty and Serge slicing and dicing.. Very nice and fair.. Serge and I managed to get Frosty through 5 & 6. It was very tight and lucky we all came through.. I could run with Serge for a few laps then he started to stretch me by a few tenths per lap. He stretched his lead to 2-2.5 seconds. I calmed down a little and started to claw that back over the next few laps untill I got back on his a$$.. Unfortunately for him he lost the rear in the final turn which was a shame because I think we were on for a long battle.. At this stage Andy and Marty were 6.5 seconds ahead.. Over the next 10 laps they managed to stretch that out to 8 seconds.. Then at the end of the first stint we all had similar pace and I was able to get the gap back to 6.5 seconds.. A couple of laps before my pitstop I was too greedy in T1 and spun the car which cost me 10 seconds.. Andy and I pitted within a lap of each other however what I cant understand is once we both rejoined the race he increased his gap by around another 10 seconds.. My pitstop was fine and I was stationary for 30 seconds so I don't understand why I lost a further 10 seconds to him.. Anyway it's not like I was in their race.. Marty went long and when he rejoined I saw him put a few 53.8's which was mega and impressive.. It was a fairly lonely second stint, just trying to bring it home without a mistake. 3 min from the end I f#@ked up the last chicane and spun again which cost me another 10 seconds.. Lucky to get away with it to be honest. Glad I made it home and got some champagne..

On to Monza.. The track I least drive in ACC.. I better get practicing.. :)
    marty and tezpez85 like this.
  15. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

My apologies to K. Watts who found me on the edge of the circuit after my spin. We both had lengthy repairs.

Well done top 3! Looked like a cracker between @andyo450 and @marty
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Kinda what it feels like but just very extreme, maybe I’m abusing the tyres in the first few laps a bit much.
    Maybe my replacement car will help as well :)
    Can’t wait for the Evo
  17. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I think the devs could work on the highlights package a little..:geek:
    marty likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Marty what do you think of the lexus? I've put a few hours in that thing and it was very nice to see the speed you extracted from it.. :cool:
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I havent driven it much only really the 1st race Wednesday and Yesterday plus a couple short runs at a few tracks when testing most cars. I dont think the Lexus stands out as great in any area but overall its a very solid package and very competitive at all tracks I tried it. Its quite stable and manageable in a slide without losing too much, it got a bit looser on entry over a longer run for me but is pretty neutral overall and didnt cause much trouble. Changing inputs and incar adjustments it is quite manageable on what was pretty close to default setup.

Compared to the 911 which was the only other car I ran in this combo recently it was probably about .5 per lap quicker but even then I ran the 911 race on worn tyres by mistake so maybe it shouod have been closer. :rolleyes:

Hard to do a true comparison as track conditions and weather have a fair impact on actual times. My qualy lap was not bad on low fuel. In race I was .5 faster on my second stint with about 25 minutes of fuel still in the car but I pushed about the same every lap in practice qualy and race with just varied track conditions and fuel loads.

From past running comparing the Lexus it seems close to the top bracket of cars, in earlier builds I was nin the 53's at Nurburgring with quite a few cars but having not raced as much recently in all cars its hard to see where they are.

I am generally more impressed with @andyo450 who can get very competitive pace at in the 2nd string cars, but hes also a better :alien: driver and setup guru then me so its kind of expected. :roflmao:

My biggest negative for the Lexus is most tight left handers are pretty much blind as the left pillar is a :poop::poop::poop::poop:.
    Coanda likes this.
  20. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I find the Lexus very balanced and neutral, and rides kerbs without dramas. It feels like one of the easier cars to drive, for me.
    Coanda likes this.