ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Nice read Marty.. That is how I feel, a good all rounder.. Once my contract is up with Audi I might test the Lexus again.. :D

I don't know how Andy was doing 54's in the 488.. :eek::cool:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That left pillar in the Lexus is a massive pain in VR, I only tested the car briefly but was at Nürburgring and found T5 to be almost impossible, kinda need to just guess and hope it’s half right.
    marty likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Andy was in the Mclaren, when I ran the 488 in earlier builds I generally found it close to the fastest at all tracks. That was before the 5 point tyre model update, I havent ran it much since. The Mclaren is surprisingly quick at a few tracks I have ran it on but is fairly heavily BOP'd so its a bit down on speed and you really need to extract as much mid corner pace out of it as possible.

This is vey true but I also seemed to really need to push it quite hard to get pace from it, general rule is if its not likely to kill you at least a few times a lap then there is a bit left in it. :D Comparing to my favourite to drive car the 911 its got a fair advantage as it uses less fuel and can be driven harder with some margin and it can get lap time advantage over it at most tracks.

However I find the Merc, Lambo, Audi, Ferrari and Lexus all to be generally pretty close to the top performers without heaps of setup work. The second string attack is maybe .4 to .8 down on most tracks and then you have the few cars that tend to be a bit more off the pace to which the BMW seems to have been added in recent builds along with Honda, Old Lambo and old Nissan. Also obviously the Trofeo Lambo and gt3 cup cars are well off the real gt3 cars level.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Wally like this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yeah bit of a poor show for me last night... I just don't have the ability/skill to jump on qual with 3min to go and then be in the zone for the race... if anything I'll be a danger to other ppl... If I can get on earlier and get 20-30min prac in I'll jump on to race, but if I'm late joining like last night I'll skip the evening...
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sorry my bad there, I will try to get prac server up 1hr before qualy each race night. Seems 8.30 AEDT qualy (Melbourne time) is ok for all currently so will keep this for all future races with parctice at 7.30.

Also if it looks like I will be late I will let you know so you can get a server up instead or even better still just get it ready the night before so anyone with server access can just get the server going. I did suggest to Minolin an option for setting scheduled servers with open practice prior to qualy which would be an even better solution not really needing an admin with server access to get things going. Not sure if this will be added next build or ever but we can cross fingers and hope.
    Rolz likes this.
  6. Rolz

it's not hard for us to set a scheduled task to fire up official race night server at a certain time without an admin manually starting it up... then auto kill it after x hrs... would be easy to do for both Mon and Wed... :thumbsup:
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Main problem we have currently though is if you set a server for say 60min practice and its empty then the session timer starts only after the first person joins. Even after they leave or all leave then the server session time will again restart meaning forcing scheduled sessions are far from ideal in current build.

There is no way we can set a server to have qualy at a fixed time, its always doable anyone with ingame admin rights can kick qualy over at the set time.

But I have also noticed server does weird things whenever an admin command is used so generally best avoided on official race nights.
    Rolz likes this.
  8. Rolz

ah do'h yeah forgot about that lovely feature
    marty likes this.
  9. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

@Coanda this is my pitstop from last night. Might shed some light on where I was quicker. Theres a few tricks to gain a bit of time. You can switch your engine on while your in your pitbay and get a little bit quicker getaway. Crossing the red and white stuff on entry might be a bit suspect but I didn't see a bollard so I don't think the stewards can get me on that one.
    Coanda and krunch like this.
  10. Rolz

Wait what? You can turn engine on whilst pit is happening???
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That kind of sounds like a rule breach
  12. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Yea it automatically shuts off as it drops but it starts quicker than doing it manually. Its great in cars with auto clutches, you can sit with the foot flat to the floor and get a really quick getaway.
  13. Rolz

will have to look into that further.. cheers for the info :)
  14. Cooper

Cooper Rookie Gold Member

found this little gem....
  15. Rolz

yeah internet is full of v1.1 videos... the triples looks amazing...
    Hope my new Rift S arrives in time :D
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As its pretty much confirmed we get 1.1 tomorrow then Monday will be a race at Zandvoort with 2019 season cars. Actual distance not yet decided but if we have race rules fully implemented then I would like to test a sprint race with possible driver swaps. Either 60 minutes with a swap or 2x30 to give more of a test of these features and just pit stops in general and how the rules are implemented.

However as I will be away Friday to Sunday morning I cant do any testing other then Sunday on this also as I have tennis Thursday night. If @Rolz and others want to do some private testing of some features prior to Sunday that would be great but also if any want to test on Sunday we can do this.

Main thing needing testing if we are to do a driver swap test is some of that and see if its now stable and also if it works without issues and then we can run Monday as a 60 minute sprint with optional swap for those that want to team up.

I will start a new thread once we have 1.1 for the next couple of pre season test runs, with hopefully getting a season going Monday nights after 1 or 2 test runs if it seems needed. We can use Wednesday night for testing too but this Wednesday will likely be the final run in v1.0.10.

Another option is to run the Coming Monday as an enduro practice 90 min race with max stint limit and forced fuel. Then the week after 2x30 sprint races to test a srpint format.

Ideally some guys may want to test driver swaps in both as I think a real season we can have an option for individuals or teams. This way it can help cater for those that want longer runs themselves and also those that arent up for 1hr sprints and longer enduros of 90 minutes to possibly 2.4hrs for a Spa round.
    Coanda likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will try and take a look at my stop vs your stop, in yours I dont see the pit limit line so not sure where it even is but thought I slowed a fair bit sooner though I may be wrong.

In general I would hope the game avoids any gamey type exploits but the only one here really is starting the car early. I did however try this as I knew a few others were doing that who I lost massively to in each stop so far. Stopping the engine before the line seems like something most could come up with and is likely done in the real series too if they were in an actual hurry to make a stop.

In real Blancpain races or at least many gt3 series they have a minimum total stop time which would avoid any attempts at exploits as the stop should in theory be done well before its time to release the car.

It doesnt need to try save time between the pit entry and exit signs or firing up the engine. So anything that tries to gain time would not really do anything. Only ensuring your not over the speed limit after or before the line and that you dont complete the stop in a lower overall time then allowed.

Someone can gain a second or so here pushing the limit but risking a penalty, there really shouldnt be people losing 6 seconds on stops doing the same things as other. If it means people all need to learn to game the put stop to be competitive then I think its a bit against the general spirit of clean and fair racing IMHO and ideally this can be given to devs to try and make it fairer for everyone if there is anything actuall gaining massively in current pit stop implementation.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I'm definitely doing triples next hell yes
  19. Rolz

Will jump on updating our serves when we hit v1.1 - some weekend testing would be good of all stuff... especially the pit swap testing as I'd be happy to be #2 driver in a race... this give me more time to get ready in the evenings with family and no DST here in Qld
  20. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thanks Andy for the pit video. That is how you pit..:cool: I didn't cut across the the red lines (forgot) or hit the pit limiter line like you did and I would confidently say you smashed me on the in and out lap therefore it all adds up.. I have tried starting the engine on the jacks however like you I am not sure there is much to gain as the engine cuts when the jack drops.. I could be wrong though..

I guess I need to practice. ESC and return to the pits wouldn't be helping my cause..