ACC ACC Singapore Wednesday night race

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Also Minolin is doing some backend server updates... hope this doesn’t impact finding ROOZ servers...
    Exciting though! :D
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Apologies gents I'm out again due to family stuff - hopefully back for Monday!
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My connection is now completly dead sorry guys Im out for race 1 at least.
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

This was a pretty unfortunate round. A video of all three incidents above.

#1: In race 1: got tapped and fishtailed into @Godzilla - no control.
    #2: Race 2: I cut the chicane at Villeneuve a bit and hit @marty - sorry mate. I wasn't expecting to gain so much ground on you there.
    #3: Race 2: ??? @Godzilla - did you just completely miss your braking marker?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I honestly couldn’t even tell you... was a brain fade, missed marker, crap brake pedal, half arsed attempt to pit, and a whole heap of other things at once. Sorry man, been a long time since I did that.
    tezpez85 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I nearly did this to someone the other night, really poorly designed pit entry. It can easily catch you out as you can go nearly flat to the exit of the turn where cars are slowing hard for the last chicken. @tezpez85 no big deal with our contact it happens, no sheepstations were lost but I got some whiplash with which my lawyers may still want to have some words to you about. :D

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  7. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

No worries man, I’ve definitely had a few myself over the years.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I always roar into KFC before it closes too
  9. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Had a similar thing happen to me the other night in the Zandvoort open server. Looking at HUD/momentary loss of focus for whatever reason and oh sh!t missed the braking marker. I think it was @Godzilla who I nearly cleaned up but luckily managed to miss him. It happens, sim racing takes a lot of concentration. It's only when it's intentional that it's a problem.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Almost rear ended one of you boys last night when diving in the pits. I had to go on the grass to avoid the hit and then I smacked the front end hard into the wall on pit entry and to top it off I accidentally changed tyres. What a bloody mess.. :eek:

I need some pit practice because as it stands I am dogsh!t at it.. :poop:

Who here thinks the MFD should have all tyres pressure adjustment? + 0.1 .. + 0.5 .. + 1.0 would increase all tyres pressures based on the selected strategy..
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, think I posted this on ACC forums before, would make it soo much easier, especially in Vr where the less manual adjustment you need to do the better
    Coanda likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Cool thing is at least in the password servers for now you can practice pit stops, the one thing is if fuel is time limited server side in practice it still isnt.

The season will have fuel limit to help balance cars out, in earlier races lime the Spa 2.4hr for example the Bentley had a huge advantage using less fuel and having a bigger tank. Stint limits and fixed fuel times help take away any big advantages some cars can have here to help even field over endurance races.

If in pit strat we could see display as +- to start pressure it would be much more user friendly. Still keeping the mulitple strategies just displayed relative to start. Ideally you would set multiple presets and can scroll through these easioy seeing how its related to your current pressures. Now you need to make sure to remember which preset your running and often dont even know if your going up or down from current stint.

I also would like to be abke to use the presets in setup menu to load to car, that way you only need one main setup and easily adjust pressures. Alternate setups would have bigger changes then pressures such as dry intermediate and wet setups.
    Coanda and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Yes! I'm sick of setting up tyre pressures for each car/track combo and with +0.5 PSI increments (6 x strategies + wet strats going back and forth trying to remember the bloody numbers)
    Coanda and marty like this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Yeah it is very difficult on tracks like Zolder. I think the MFD should have a default strategy of "Start" which would be your starting pressures. Sometimes you forget or dont have time to copy over the pressures to each strategy and because there is no easy copy and paste function from tyre pressures to strategy it is difficult to do in 60 seconds. Ill raise a thread and see if we get some traction by the devs..

Thanks guys for your feedback
  15. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I'll also raise a bug thread regarding the strategy swapping to #30 on race start
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just made a thread with a few ideas on making the pit stops more user friendly overall. Feel free to give your suggestions, I have the day off today but will be flat out the next 4 days so will spend some time in the forums while watching some NHL on tv. ;)
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...fd-and-strategy-menu-not-user-friendly.60964/
    Coanda likes this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Another earthquake this morning. This one was not too bad.. With the recent earthquakes I have been experiencing I have felt like I am permanently riding a wave and not in a good way. Apparently its called earthquake drunkenness or hangover.. I have an inner ear balance issue already so it may not be helping with this.. Last night I almost gave up during race 1 as I thought I was going to spew up.
    It's been a week and I still feel it. I wonder how much longer I will feel this way..? Maybe this is what it feels like when your driving VR and are feeling sick..
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thats how I felt most of my trip in your part of the world, didnt have any earthquakes but something made me feel really drunk. :cautious:
    Captain Barracuda likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Maybe the evil Red Horse :alien:
    or
    your drinks got spiked by the lady boys.. :ninja:
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

That evil red horse rings a bell. :p