ACC Season 1 ACC qualifying server

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Oct 30, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This season to try and make racing a bit more interesting for all in the field we will try split the field into 2-3 classes depending on how many entries we get prior to the season start. Everyone registered for the season should set a lap time in this server and we will put up a leaderboard by the weekend hopefully which will be in this thread.

For this we will use a qualifying server. "RaceOnOZ.com 03 ROOZ Monday Season Qualifying Server" The password for the server is "season1" this is now using a new test server build that allows full static conditions.

You can use and car and any setup and your best lap in any car will count as your qualifying time, this will also likely set pit order for the first round and maybe the full season.
    Qualifying server will be open until midnight AEDT Sunday 10th of November

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Pablo, cameron beller, Coanda and 3 others like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The qualy server now has another server build running that has fixed the session to a proper static one. No need for that extra qualy session. Any times that were set before will need a new one to be made as conditions on the server are a little different to how it was.

Cool thing is we can even run some hotlap contests if anyone is interested in these later using the same server setup where we can set any conditions and it will stay static.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Sounds like this server build would be something you could use for a more consultant version of what RSR was for lap records. Boot up one per track, link the results in to a database that feeds in to a live site that shows all the laps?
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes if Kunos dont make hotlap boards per track then that will be a good 3rd party alternative. For those into hotlapping or setup developing this server can be quite usefull if we have one up for each round. Just people focusing too much on hotlaps in optimum conditions may find they struggle race nights more when its not optimal.

The features in this server build are likely to be added to the main release version soon. Currently its limited to optimum track grip but we can set how wet the track is to have a wet static track.
    Godzilla likes this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Hopefully Kunos are planning to use this for global leader boards, would make a fair few people happy and should bring more people in
    Rolz likes this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Stoked that works well! But I need to get faster lol
    so I take it we manually upload results to Results site every day?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have kept trying to suggest special events for all tracks open to all cars for global leaderboards. Would be a good way to see real BOP levels of cars and to do personal comparisons in static conditions. Not even needing to be optimum just equal for all. Im not really a big fan of current special events format and the PC rating implementation. Also in turn the ingame driver ratings which if they were more pace based once racecraft and safety gets above a certain level. It would allow for people to try and be best in their class in any mp race more then get disillusioned by being out of the running for the overall wins.

Seems atm most with good safety and racecraft plus control are all in pro class, there are guys that may be 1 to 2 seconds off lead pace and even though they are great to race in the field. For them its going to be hard to get overall wins. The real Blancpain series has this as a core feature that ACC is kind of missing out on. It can help give more incentive for guys to race not focusing entirely on overall but more their own class. Im sure the Silver/ProAm guys will be wanting to knock off as many higher rated drivers as they can but some satisfaction should come from also being best in your class.

I kind of hope to get that a bit in our league by setting our own class levels with this qualy server and update it over future seasons. Its really not easy to see exactly where to split classes and it would have been much easier if ACC did a better job there without us needing to force our own.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Godzilla like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes we will upload them each day and there will be a leaderboard on this thread once thats ready to go.

Session is set to 1hr as results are only written at then end of a session. Here is where the auto restart feature helps too as once all leave the server results files are written.

One thing we must be aware of server side is never shut that down while people are in a session as their times will be lost.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    SteveDrivingSlowly, Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  9. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

TBH I though this was where the Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum licences in game were headed. Looks like these are just an arbitrary label in your profile though. I've seen these used to manually assign classes elsewhere (screenshot submitted to admins), but don't know how this equates to actual pace and whether this method was successful.
    Rolz likes this.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Yes upload for now - but if there is ever any API or way for me to get access to the server in such a way that I can run a chronjob to pick up the files, we can automate it.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

These ratings do indicate what class sticker you get on your car. I dont think it really grades it that well though as Pro can have high overall but a bit off pace which is important in the end class someone gets.

Its very important everyone can race clean but this should be where bronze goes to silver with Poor overall ratings and noobies shpuld be AM class. Then all others that are pretty good overall should be more defined by pace but the special events system and restarting every new events season kind of sucks here.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  12. Rolz

We could work something that checks for new files and sends those over to you... probably recommend at least sftp on ur side :)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  13. Rolz

since I have a day off I did a few laps in different cars and created a few files ready to go :)
    marty likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I see a few times in there, was wondering what the activity was. I see @Captain Barracuda snuck one in to chase down. Will upload a leaderboard once we have it sorted but any laps done in the server will count.
    Captain Barracuda likes this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have added a link to the current leaderboard in the first post, I think we need @KoAStR to allow the leaderboard @SteveDrivingSlowly has provided for us. The actual bracketing is not fixed as we will see how the times spread and how entries go before we sort all into their class.

If we can try and get everyone entered into the season the set a laptime by Sunday 10th November to ensure they have no issues entering the server and we can put them in the correct class.
  16. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I set some times on the server (I was on it at the same time as Rolz), but my times aren't there.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Which day was this? If It was after Thursday when we will need to see whats up, all times are saved but there have been some issues updating the leaderboard.

If it was before Thursday then these times were removed as we didn't quite have a fixed session for the server but now have a custom league server build. I will take a look through the results files and see if I find your name in them then try figure out why they aren't showing on the leaderboard.

EDIT:after manually searching some results files seems some didn't get uploaded. I will go through them all 1 by 1 now and hopefully all should be up in about 15 minutes. If anyone has a time not up let me know. If its a very recent time it may not be up as we currently need to manually upload this to the results site. Will be done at least once a day but likely more often currently as I am still testing with uploads etc
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Wally like this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    If anyone has a tune for the AMG they could send me I'd appreciate it. Can't tune to save my life.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Maybe @Captain Barracuda can give you some tips, I havent gone much from agressive default as yet. I tried some changes but most were backward steps. :oops: Focus on tyre pressures and temps, theres probably only another .5 or so once you really start digging into setups assuming you know what your doing and quite often it seems I dont. :D

Its actually a good server for some practice and setup work with the fixed settings which I rarely use otherwise. I will jump on later tonight and try a few cars as I havent ran too many of them yet since 1.1.
  20. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I'll try to get onto this server and put down some laps once I've gotten over this damn virus.