Display 49" ultrawide monitor

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by beakeroo, Nov 1, 2019.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Does anyone here have one of these? I'm considering buying and wondered if anyone could give any tips on what's hot or not.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    gotta be curved for that size? you win the lotto? i ditched my two monitor setup at work for a flat 29" and thats plenty. wouldn't like it for racing though
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah curved (1800R) and no lotto win I'm afraid. I'm just reinvesting money from my old PS Vita collection that I've sold/am still selling.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'm not sold on them. We've got 1at work and it is just overkill for business needs. But for gaming, about the only thing it would be usable for would be racing. Most games would struggle to run on that res. But they do look pretty
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I don't think running them would be too tough, especially if I got the 1080p ultrawide instead of the 1440p. Shouldn't be hard to max that out. Also you can run games in their natural resolution and blank out the rest of the screen if you needed to. That's pretty much all my rig is for though anyway. I play games in the media room, I stream games to my shield TV on the big screen.