GT Sport Season 9 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Congratulations to TKM on your win. Your strategy and pace worked well for you.
    Moozer well done too. A good battle but you got the drop on me in the last stint. I couldn’t match you for consistency.
    TKM I must raise one thing that has to be said. Your lag was very distracting to myself and moozer plus all others. For me at one stage you went from 1st to last then 1st again and more than one occasion you were doing 360’s in many a corner. Check your internet mate. Congrats on the win. You beat us without doubt.
    Yoshiki23 and Noxrai like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  3. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Ended up doing a personal best in quali but still way down the order. Hadn't decided on what strat I was going to go for. Was going to wing it and just see what others were doing.
    Ended up having a horrid start. Got bumped during the fast esses which sent me wide then got bumped again trying rejoin. Wrong place wrong time for me I guess. This pushed me down to dead last. A lap later i had a really bad attempt to pass @Bluemoon. Thought I sent him wide on the final corner so I slowed down and let him back through.

After my nerves had settled I finally started to get comfortable after a few laps and got past bluemoon who started out on the mediums, but the damage had already been done. 7 seconds down on fubbles and bananajosh. I was able to stay fairly consistent in the rest of my stints but never really challenged anyone for the rest of the race and had a pretty uneventful race in the end.

Congrats to @Yoshiki23 ,@Jamie and @NAACS on the podium. You guys were super quick.
    Matthyus, Easyprey007 and emmo46 like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Yoshiki23 unfortunately, if this doesn't improve I would have to ask you to stop racing as it can cause many incidents.

Have you set up port forwarding on your home router and static ip address for your ps4?
    https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Another good night of racing. I had done more than 8 race distances of practice and was hoping that would have me at the sharp end of the field. Running in pre qually I coulldn't get near the times I needed. I was then stunned in qualy to do a full tank PB lap of 1:24.136 (first flying lap) to put me on the front row. I was equally as stunned to see @Yoshiki23 set a 1:23.480 to take pole. I started correctly this week but my 1st to 2nd change wasn't the best so @NAACS was able to take the inside line on me at turn 1 to put me back to 3rd. I hung on to him for about a lap but couldn't settle into rythm and he started to pull away. Meanwhile yoshi was powering away into the distance. The lag from the leader was unsettling and we were all worried we might get punted as yoshi shot from 1st to 4th and back a number of times and was doing a rhumba on the straiht for a few laps. I thought I had 3rd place secured but in the confusion all of a sudden @Jamie was on me and made good move to get past putting me back to 4th. Yoshi pitted for RM earlier than the rest of us and there was a good battle for the lead as he pushed through to lead again. I fell back to 5th twice, once when I kissed the wall at the last turn slowing me enough for @gtkingx to pass but I managed to get back by again. The second time was when I pitted for the second time to put the RS tyres back on and sprint to the finish. I managed to catch and passed gtking again to come home 4th. That is the 2nd race in a row where I have finished further back than I started, most unusual for me.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think I found another Emmo Fan boy.
    [​IMG]
  7. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I assume there is no pitstop required for this weeks race?
  8. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Not required, but if you feel like it... :devilish:
  9. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @Hatfield do you know if anyone is actively helping @Yoshiki23 with his internet issues? If not I'll tackle it as his team captain.
    NAACS likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I do not. Please do assist.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Bluemoon Bay Infield B - 2 x 26 laps - 10:30 sunny
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 9!! Thanks to Selby Acoustics
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

SPRINT ROUND : This round is the sprint round which has 2 shorter races. The grid for race 1 is determined by qualifying, but the second race is reverse grid based on the results from race 1. The round is scored by calculating the points that would be scored in race 1, plus half the points that would be scored in race 2. The total score is then used to order the drivers from first to last, and round points are given in order. (Fastest lap is added at the end)
    In the reverse grid race, if you are one of the faster guys coming through the pack, it is up to you to make your passes cleanly.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    You are allowed to cut T4.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : Racing Softs ONLY

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Bluemoon, Noxrai, Ian Cannan and 2 others like this.
  12. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Just a thought, but after doing some practice races at Bluemoon this week there is a bit of time to be made in turn 4 from "using" the inside kerb. It is even hard to avoid sometimes when following close and getting your turn in point slightly wrong. I also think it will be very hard to police unless you replay everyones every-lap. I'd suggest open it up for everyone to use as they see fit, similar to the chicanes at Dragontrail Seaside. That way no-one gets an advantage (or we all do)...same result though. Thoughts???
    incey and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    If it is open to everyone then it would be fair.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated briefing:
    You are allowed to cut T4.
    Noxrai likes this.
  15. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Watch me hit the inside wall
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That's not allowed. 5 second penalty. ;)
    Hatfield and Noxrai like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo is by the Bay
  18. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m gonna miss this race
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't miss it, I never want to see it again, good riddance.
    Buster_Danis and gtkingx like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Race 1 result

[​IMG]

Race 2 results
    [​IMG]

Race 1 lap times
    [​IMG]

Race 2 lap times.
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus, Hatfield and Noxrai like this.