ACC ACC season 01 rnd1 Monza Enduro cup 90 minutes Nov 11th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Nov 4, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 1 of the season will begin next Monday, with a 90 minute race in the same format as the 90 Minutes at Zolder preseason test. This will have a 65 minute stint limit, with 1 mandatory stop to add fuel. Tyres are option with fuel stops limited at 25 seconds for any amount added.

Time scale will be 2x as the real round is a 3hr race, session times will be as below on Monday 11th of November.
    RACE SERVER PASSWORD = "season1"
    entry is also locked to only those on the season entry thread.​

Free Practice 30 minutes: 8:30pm AEDT (in game Saturday 5pm)
    Qualifying 10 minutes: 9pm AEDT (in game Sunday 11am)
    Race 90 minutes: 9:15pm AEDT (in game Sunday 3pm)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in this entry thread

Practice servers are set, 1 with the season1 password and a 30 minute race that has a 25 min stint limit with a 30 min practice session for anyone wanting some laps.

The other is an open server both on the Aussie and Singapore servers at SA70 and a short 15 min race with no stint limits or race rules as these dont work on pub servers. All these servers are using session times the race will be at and weather is as it will be on the night with a bit higher probability of rain.

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.

Current practice server timing. Password is "season1"

Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.
    Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yay ROOZ ACC S1 is finally here :D
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Bring it on!!!!
  4. Rolz

Hey all, I've setup a Server04 as a prac server for Monza... so we have same conditions and can get setups sorted to a certain level before racenight...
    password is "leagueprac"
    Pablo, Godzilla and marty like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

During the season on Wednesday nights we will have 2x 30 minute scheduled races at the next rounds track. This week I will test it on an open aussie server with fairly high SA75 restriction and manually enforced 250ms ping limit. Our ROOZ whitelist will still take effect. I will ensure all entered in the season are also on the whitelist including all others that were already on it.

This way we may get some others see the server with people in and if they can get into the server they may want to join the season.

Numbers wise its been a general rule that nonround ever gets 100% entries start due to whatever reasons some are likely to miss a week. To get fields of 24+ each round we will likely need 30+ sign up.

The session start times will be the same as the season. I may open practice a bit earlier (8pm AEDT) if I am home, q1 will be at 9pm AEDT.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

krunch likes this.
  7. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

Thanks for the racing tonight lads. I'm really glad you guys run different classes. Looking forward to a few good battles with my fellow AM class brothers this season.
    Rolz, nanlatt and marty like this.
  8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

@marty where did you land on full warm up lap vs last corner? I was unable to run the test round on Monday
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seems the full warmup lap wasnt that popular amongst those on discord, I think we will stick to the short formation. Next Wednesday we can test the admin command for full manual formation lap that some said is possible but so far we havent tested it.
    Wally, Rolz, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  10. Rolz

I must say I'll be glad when Monza is done... arguable out of all the tracks in the world this one is my least fav...:cautious:
    Can't drive it to save myself.
  11. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I've picked today of all days to try correct FOV, struggling to say the least. Now my old FOV 'doesn't work' either. How long did you take to acclimatise @Coanda ?
  12. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

My change was drastic going from 80 down to 35 deg, plus I went from a 27" 120 hz gaming monitor to a laggy 40" 60 hz HDTV so the brain felt pretty raped and uncoordinated.. To answer your question it took about a week for it to start to work on some level and about 3-4 weeks to feel completely natural. Initially I went backwards and made a lot of mistakes however in the long run its the best thing I did...
  13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

My jump wasn't as big as yours (54 to 31). There are a couple of things I like about it even in my uncoordinated current state.
    • Sense of speed is less (knew this going in), dealing with this part ok, plus you can drive soooo close to the back of other cars without fear of suddenly ramming into them under brakes. It's like you have a few extra milliseconds to register opponents braking/speed changes.
    • Everything feels 'bigger' around me. ie the opponent cars have a bigger stance, curbs pop up more, undulations more pronounced.
    • Some graphics look clearer and sharper, ie tail lights of cars in front, as if previously there was a visual distortion I didn't realise was there.
    • Easier to hit precise brake markers
    Things I'm stuggling with/don't like;
    • X and Y movements are really amplified. ie there's heaps of camera shake which I haven't been able to dial down. AI cutting in in front of you can seem like they're about turn in on you big time, when they're actually in front of you. (bonnet feels like it's 10cm long).
    • Most corners are blind - finding myself accelerating too early or too late a lot
    • Having to rely on spotter/helicorsa a lot more. Even though I can visually see about the same amount with my seating position, anything moving into my fov appears much more quickly and easy to lose track of visually once it's not right in front of me.
    • Getting turn in points completely wrong. Driving over the sausage curbs on the entrance to the chicanes at Monza every other lap.
    • The visual effect makes the steering linearity feel completely different (even though it's not)
    Coanda likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

You have nearly a second to burn so I think you will be ok. :p
    Rolz, nanlatt and Coanda like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@Captain Barracuda - Yeah I felt everything you have mentioned. The sense of speed will pick up, well at least it did for me... I too found I was turning in early then midway through the corner I was not turning enough so I would understeer off the road.. I think because your changes are not as drastic as mine, if you smash out enough hours over the next week you will be pretty solid come round 2.. And like Marty said even if your off a couple of percent your still miles ahead of most.. The scary thing is in the long run I went quicker because of this change so how much quicker will you go.. 49's at Nurbs? :D

alien problems.. :rolleyes:
  16. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

17. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I tried entering the Monza practice server with the pw of "season1" however no luck. Have I got the wrong pw?
  18. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

PM'd
    Coanda likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

For anyone that is planning to run either Audi's for the league like I am, please be aware there is a bug that shows up fairly regularly with the front shocks (see link). Unlike the aero bug that plagues most cars this can not be fixed with a simple click up & down reset method therefore you have to exit the session and reload back in. A real pain in the a$$ to be honest.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/1-0-10-audi-r8-bumpstop-range.60430/
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Next week all the passworded servers will be the same pass, this one opened up with a different pass so will just keep it until the next round.

Password was in the 3rd post of the race thread as @Rolz started it up but I forgot to add it to the first post which I know have.
    Rolz and Coanda like this.