SEASON 9 - Division 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Qualified with a reasonable time for running clean air putting me in 9th
    Thought I would give loose a try for the race and got a steady start and settled in to the line of cars. The first few laps where busy with people looking left right and center coming up to the bus stop on lap 2 I think I lifted early because they cars ahead where all moving around and I thought it was going to be a mess I think that caught @TheJuzzy off guard and he had a off behind me sorry bud.
    The pack started to pull away after about 10 laps because the car on loose seemed to go away from me but after about 20 it seemed to come back. Everyone was going into the pits and Aykay and I stayed out I was setting pb's on the sectors . So I figured while in clean air with no pressure just keep pushing. When I had @POPPINFRESH1234 behind me I kept an eye on the Gap and when he was close enough I pitted coming out in 8th and that's where I finished.
    I think staying out worked well not having to battle in a pack helped me come home with a top ten finish and in the company of this div I'm happy with that.
    Congrats Poppin on the win well done Stu and blue on rounding off the podium.
    See you on track
    Ant
    TheJuzzy, stucar17 and garyw61 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ouch ! :roflmao:
    Slambobagan and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  3. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    I’m out this week will be back next week
    Aykay likes this.
  4. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Hooray!

Take as much time as you need!
    Anthonyb and JJ_Penguin like this.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    After Stupid issues with Telsra the last few weeks (now finally fixed), meant zero practice leading up to round one. Not surprised to qualify at the back of the grid. Had a great time keeping touch with a few guys and passing a couple as well. Then when I pitted, I intended to take tyres, but somehow I was on the default strategy, not the one I had set. But it worked out in my favour. Jumped quite a few when they stopped for tyres and didn't slow that much on the older rubber. As a bonus I was able to try and give my obviously faster team mate a bit of a helping hand to keep the pressure on slambo. Pity it didn't eventuate in a pass, but was also fun to have been able to keep up with the quick guys on fresher rubber.

hopefully next week I'll be more prepared.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I had the same reaction to Aadman, Jim and Natmanscoop missing this weekend in Div 2!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Visiting the mothership?
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  8. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Q6 R7
    Just could not for the life of me get a decent lap out in Quali. For some reason the bustop after the hairpin, just wasn't giving me the grip I was used to. The bonus part was that nearly the entire field was in the 24s so I knew it was going to be close and staying out of trouble was the key. ( should have listened to myself....)
    I managed to get a half decent start, and seen that Turbo braked early into T1, so I went for the move, but as I hit the kerb on the inside I bounced into him. I honestly thought I had taken him out as I did not see him keep going as I was losing positions left right and centre!.
    On the straight leading up to the hairpin I was looking at my I pad to see where he was, next minute I was braking too late into the hairpin. I went onto the grass on the inside and guess who I collected at the apex? (Sorry Turbo....)
    So back to last (14th)
    Pitted at the end of lap 1 ( as did Juzzy) So had a lap or so to compose myself and then got on with it. Tb was the next to pit, and he came out between Juzzy and myself. Being a good team captain he let me thru so I could then work on Blu who had also pitted. He then made a little error which let me thru to keep working on bringing the gap down to Juzzy.
    Lap 25 and I was right on him after coming from behind over 7 secs from lap 1 when we both pitted.I did make a move into the hairpin, but I was just that little bit far behind so Juzzy got a great over and under move back on me.
    A lap or 2 later I just snagged the inside barrier at the bustop, that was fine, but I then ran wide a few corners later and lost 5 secs to him. ( in hindsight, knowing the gap to the guys in front I should have played the waiting game....)
    As it was, Juzzy ended up 4th beating both Kart no one and Stozza by a couple of seconds.....
    Well done to Slambo for the win, Stu ( the now current leader of the championship ) and Benni for 3rd
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Another solid race from everyone last night lads... well done....
    Q7th 1:24:6**
    R2nd FIIKH !
    FIrst up i have to say thanks to AO who at turn 3 went past me like a missile, at a time where i was already puckered..... I thought to myself, if he makes that ill just give him the championship now.... Half a second later he was through Bountys door, and would have been lucky to make turn 3 on the proper circuit ! Was in interesting moment, am sure bounty will send the repair bill to you !
    From there i settled in behind blue and Kart, with Stozz and Ant up my clacker..... On about lap 4 i got a great run down the hill out of 2, and made it up the inside of the hairpin, so three wide out of there was pretty cool..... I managed to hold on, till the chicane where Blue braked late and nearly pushed me into the tyres, but i managed to avert disaster and kept going, with Kart and Stozz back in to..... Stozz had a couple of half dives, but i thought i really didnt want him driving off into the distance. team mate or not, so we had a great 10 lap battle..... On 17 i think he got me when i made a small mistake onto the back straight, so i pitted, no tyres, and got on with it again
    I came out behind benny and Gaz, so i was really unsure where i was in the grand scheem of things, as benny was in 2nd when he stopped earlier..... Anyway, i had about 6 laps behind gar, in 7th before a couple of self made incidents, and the last of the pitters peeled off, and i found myself in a very surprising 2nd place....Well done to slambo for the win, benny ofr 3rd and Juzzy for 4th coming through the field....

Have to say, pretty cool seeing 14 cars split by just 1 second, and only .4 between 1st and 7th.....HOpefully @POPPINFRESH1234 and @Kartdude45 are back this week for the sprint round at Saikitto.
    AOCleaner74, Anthonyb and garyw61 like this.
  10. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Q: Somewhere down the back
    R: DC'd

That's about it.
    Anthonyb and garyw61 like this.
  11. Anthonyb

Q8 R12
    With 1.1sec covering the field after qualifying I knew consistent lap times where going to be critical. Race start was good but of drama at the hair pin and I was in 7th and felt good. Lap 2 chicane tyre bundle on the exit of right hander all bad caught right front on it and nearly took the cars out that where following close behind. Got going again but had dropped nearly to rear of the field.
    Got going again and after a few laps @garyw61 and Blue had a coming together letting me lock onto the back of Gary pushed him hard for 5 or 6 laps only to out brake myself at the :):):):)ing chicane again tapping Gary and spinning him. ( Sorry mate we where about to really put the pressure on turbo and bounty I think it was) Redressed the spot and kept going but had lost my mojo pitted late and come home 12th feeling very disappointed.
    Congrats to the podium
    See you on track
    Ant
  12. Anthonyb

Hi gents have been sent to Taree for 5 days due to the fires return home Sunday so may not make race will let you know when I know.
  13. Anthonyb

Hi all only got home at 3 so too tired to run tonight. And going back up on Tuesday so better spend some time with the family. Good luck hope it's a good race.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Sorry guys, thats why i dont usually race the sprint round. Im a bit of a road hazzard. Did not see any point in continuing as i was way last.
    Cheers.
  15. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    If anybody can put those 2 replays on utube or somewhere. For some reason i try save my replays, but it keeps telling me can save because clips or over 1g. I have 88g spare space so i dont know. Great racing all
  16. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    You can only have 3 maybe 4 replays saved at any one time. Just need to go into the replay centre in the game and delete ones you don't need
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  17. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Epic race last night with tb and poppin, gap never got over 1sec 1st-3rd. Just played it safe and followed the leader for most of that race gapping the rest of the field. Very hard to make a pass stick tried a few times poking the nose in, unlucky for ya tb making an error with 3 to go, tbh I was getting rather impatient behind ya haha was getting ready to make a big dive.
    then chased down poppin and got him on the last lap after a little and only mistake from him. Sorry mate felt bad after you leading the whole race to take it off ya with half lap to go.. butt I’m pretty stoked and I’ll take it haha.
    2nd race was going well until that monster crash that involved almost half the field almost got through too but ended up getting pole axed hard into the wall facing backwards. Back to last again and happy Managed to salvage 7th
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Sorry slambo and all else involved.
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Be careful champ...doing great work
    Anthonyb likes this.
  20. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Q2 with a 40.10. Jump start, so night was over early..
    R2. Led until lap 13 till I hit the ripple strips last corner, ended up finishing 2nd behind Xr8 after he and Stozz had a coming together, another bad night for me..
    I think I will miss this week's race and just concentrate on the Bathurst enduro and come back stronger for the following weeks race!