PCARS-2 The GT3 1000km Endurance Series (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by v8power383, Dec 26, 2018.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    V8 said in practice lobby’s people can run what they want so we could get a fuller field...was funny how after restarting an Aldi turned into a Bentley tho....bloody glitches...
    Shells and I had a great time thanks everyone..6th felt like a podium against u guys
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Hey mate well done. Hope you liked our little battle last 6 laps.
    Well done TB, massive effort!
    v8power383 and PaulCox like this.
  3. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    Well I wasn’t told we could change and being 10 laps down in the Audi wasn’t fun
    It was fun except for being muscled off the road by broken front runners (move over , I did for you)
    Other then that didn’t care I came last lol
    nigegunz, v8power383 and PaulCox like this.
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Thanks heeps..
    Man it was fun...I had 8 damage front right suspension..6 back...15 front aero..3 at the back and 20 engine damage..I knew I couldn’t hold on but was a blast trying mate..looking forward to that again
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Well done everyone on a great race it was fun and congrats to @t_b_williams on a massive effort to win the race solo and to take out the series championship at the same time well done mate and also thanks to everyone for helping make this series a success by showing up and have a red hot go well done.
    I would also like to thank @familiagtr for his efforts with tuning and strategy and being a great team mate.
    Now I should have the results up tomorrow and I'll be brain storming on if we run the same next year or try something a little bit different
    nigegunz and PaulCox like this.
  6. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

buttocks of steel & the championship TB! mega effort this series mate, congrats to Jason too as co driver
    big thanks to V8 for putting this all together in the first place, first time I've ever seen numbers increase over the season
    apologies on behalf of my teamie, he was doing his best to make a go of it & not ruin anyone else's race... unbelievable how hard it is to actually let someone past on a farkn straight piece of tarmac but it happened 3 times with V8/familia, team prostrate & sparky late in the race when he was limping back to the pits
    well done to all that got involved & put in the hours of prac & effort to travel & team up, I really hope this continues next year as it's a great format the teams endurance
    see you on track fellas
    v8power383, emuegg11 and PaulCox like this.
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Well, what can I say. Firstly a huge thank you to @jasondull1986 for co driving the first two events. Sadly couldn't make it for the last one. Great effort in organising the series @v8power383. Worked really well and look forward to the next one.

Picked the Lambo primarily for something different as you don't often see it on track, and testing at spa it showed great pace.
    The race at spa had its ups and downs and was a massive effort on mine and Jason's part to get the thing home on fuel at the end.
    With the straight line speed we had a Spa, I was confident going into Le Mans where top speed was key. But for whatever reason, the advantage wasn't as great as it was the race before, and all in all that race went from bad to worse. From being caught out in others mishaps and having a few of our own, finished was down the order.

Then last night. After a last minute car switch, driving that twitchy Lambo around Bathurst solo for 161 laps would have been torture, I made sure to pick a car no one else was using. Went safe and picked the NSX as I knew the default setup was very stable. Was quite worried it didn't have the straight line speed but the only car I was hugely down on straight line speed was that bloody Caddy!!.
    First half of the race was tumultuous. Two mistakes of my own and a 'ghost' hit up mountain straight saw me pit three times for damage after each time clawing my way back to the front of the pack (hard to tell exactly where I was as I was well out of sinc with stops) Second half went so much better, the break for us solo guys was very much appreciated. Got gifted a few places early and made a few moves of my own and took the lead. Only to have Nige storm back onto my tail after an early spin. Sorry bud wasn't going to let you past, as I knew my pit window for critical lap was coming. Pitted with a full tank to go (with a lap in hand) and waited to see where the others came out once they completed there stops. Was surprised to see the Caddy so far back once the stops were all done and tried to concentrate on just putting down consistent laps. That was all well and good until I copped damage trying to round up a back maker. 20 on the front 2 engine damage was enough to wipe around 3 secs off my lap times. Was monitoring the gap back to nige expecting it to close rapidly only to realise his co driver must have been in the seat and the gap was staying steady. Then I noticed Blue. He was closing at 2-3 secs a lap sometimes 4.:eek: Doing the quick math, he would be on my tail with a few laps to go. Unlucky copping the damage bud. Pretty sure you would have caught and passed for the win.

BRING ON THE NEXT SERIES!!!!!!!!
    and some more Brisbane drivers.......................
    TheJuzzy, v8power383, PaulCox and 2 others like this.
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

9. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing