GT Sport Season 9 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    How would it ruin div 2? It literally doesn't change the way the div 2 championship works, makes the racing better and gives you a chance to race with the fastest guys on rooz.
  2. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Thanks for that Risky. Appreciate the explanation...
    The point is it won’t make the racing better. If div1 can’t fix their attendance problems then sorry but it’s time to take a long hard look at what’s going on in that division.
    In div2 the racing is competitive and fair for an example.
    As to the fastest guys in the league I think div2 has proved to be consistently fast enough this season, and my ego doesn’t need live streaming either.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  3. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    It would mean there is more traffic which would potentially change the outcome of Div 2 races as we'd be fighting for track position with Div 1 drivers as well(my 2c)
    Apex_64 and NAACS like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    This isn't fair. Div 2 had about the same amount of attendance last night as div 1... so why is it only a div 1 attendance problem?
    Also this season, div 2 has 2 more incident reports than div 1 so if div2 is competitive and fair, then why isn't div 1?

If you have any issues with any particular div 1 drivers, you might even find they are the ones who have dropped off causing the lack of attendance, which leaves the drivers you should want to race against
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the points tables would stay split, so you wouldn't need to race each other.
    If you catch a driver in the other div and are quicker, they can let you through and grab some slipstream and vice versa
  6. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    What happens if there is a collision? This can come about because both divisions are fighting their own division each will think his reason is higher than the other. A collision between two different division drivers will only cause angst to put it mildly. The opportunity for post race tears is massive. If this was at the beginning of the season maybe it could've been considered. But at this late stage i think its a selfish and detrimental request.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  7. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Some may have dropped off because of the shenanigans inflicted on them. There are 2 sides to every disagreement remember.
    I don't have issue with any particular driver in Div1, just the approach to racing in there.
    I think you have to accept the fact that if we decide we don't want to merge, then we don't.
    If you take out of the equation Tyre compound issues from race 1 you will find Div2 has had less infringements.
    Etiquette is my word of the day here. I respect the drivers i race with in Div2.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  8. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    I was just left behind last night... That's the trouble when you're on a track you've barely touched and haven't done any practice. In fact the only time I've driven on the track prior was during the meet and greet. I'm not really sure what an appropriate analogy would be - I suppose it's like learning your year 12 maths exam whilst you do it. You've only looked at the revision for a few minutes and you somehow gotta pass... I think my grade last night was an F.:roflmao:
    Apex_64, Noxrai, NAACS and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you get an A for effort and sticking out the race distance...

also I guess you know the track now, so you've got that going for you :thumbsup:
    Noxrai likes this.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep, practice is the key, I did at least 60 laps testing, I tested 8 lap runs on RS, 6 laps on RS, 3 laps on RM and 5 laps on RM to work out whether a 3 or 4 pit stop strategy was best and how many laps of RM was best. In the end my strategy was determined between lap 2 and lap 6 when I sized up where I was with GTKing. We both 3 stopped but I could do 8 lap stints quicker than he could because of lesser tire wear over laps 7 and 8 of each stint. When I realized he was doing 8 laps stints too I was confident then that the race would come to me.
    Also after so many laps of practice I was able to lap consistently and only ran wide on turn 2 once during the race which probably lost me 6 or 7 tenths.
    Xtr3meNZer, Russell, Matthyus and 2 others like this.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Worth closer to 2k than 2c.
    Sums up succinctly why it is not fair for Div2.

I don't think innuendo helps.
    Comparing incident reports is not a valid comparison, nor healthy either.
    A grid of 8 can be as good as a full grid.
    Broadcasting/Streaming quotas for Div1, is no reason to compromise Div2.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    NAACS likes this.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    shouldn't getting the raceonoz races out there streamed be one of the main goals?
    we pickup new drivers when they discover the stream and want to be a part of it.
    I find it really disappointing that people wouldn't want to do something possible to help support us.
    Max Gassit and REVO_Bryan like this.
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ScottPye20, Jamie, NAACS and 3 others like this.
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Yes it should be a goal but not at the expense of the Div2 championship. It devalues it.
    All good to pick up new drivers, but i would think retention is just as important.
    I already stated I would make a fool of myself and race, as i have several times already, to ensure a broadcast.
    I only had 1/2 hour free last night, otherwise i would have started and finished.
  15. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Ah well, i'll see you in div 1 next season anyway @NAACS
    razor4797 and xlxy90 like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  17. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo goes to Goodwood
  19. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Was resting my hopes on getting my wheel in time for this race. In the end Australia post will Australia post it.

Had a very disappointing race. Had glimpses of good racing here and there but I was just too inconsistent.
    The less I say about the race the better. A little bitter about a few things.

Bring on Spa! God I hope my wheel arrives in time.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11th DNF Littleblacko - 1:14.723
    12th DNF Naacs - 1:14.291
    LE_bananajosh, Matthyus and Hatfield like this.