GT Sport Season 9 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Dazza83

Dazza83 Rookie

dam that one was fun. thought I stuffed up my Strat by touching the grass twice at the bus stop, lucky I drifted into a position I could rejoin and only loss a small amount of time.

oz i'm assuming you had to fuel save last lap, as I crossed over the line I went 0.0 fuel lol

most likely the last race for me. that 5:30 start is just not good.
    @Hatfield ever thought about turning a division into a later starting 1, for WA guys and night owls sure we could get 16..
    incey and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  2. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    You have just given me an idea dazza...
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    That's it for another season, might have podium'd it, that would be amazing as it was a very strong field. Going into this season I saw a lot of guys who usually beat me so it was good to be up near the front most of the time. That race went alright, couple of punts at the chicane but managed to contain the damage mostly. Congrats to nemo and murph, you guys are very fast, couldn't get close at all. Thanks for hosting eccles pretty much a flawless run on your part.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I'd be keen for a later race. I nominate Dazza to host it on the Community page
  5. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yep, great season and great final race.
    HSVDT_15, emmo46 and Matthyus like this.
  6. HSVDT_15

HSVDT_15 New Recruit

That was a very fun race. Dropping from 2nd to 11th at the first corner is never fun, but the charge back through the field to 4th (after a couple of mistakes and some contact that was redressed) was incredibly fun and clean from everyone. Thanks for my first Rooz season everyone and enjoy your Christmas break! Congrats to Murph on the title :D
    UrsineSaturn9, Hatfield and Matthyus like this.
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 7 Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    13th - Patg65 - 48.32.169
    14th - Johnno - 48.35.853
    15th - Fezzaracing - DSC

Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    13th - Pat - 2.28.280
    14th Johnno - 2.28.096
    15th - Fezzaracing - 2.28.534
    Cameron Neame and Hatfield like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    wow @Mightymurph51 & @Cameron Neane end up on the same points by my calculation but on countback murph wins
    they had the same number of wins but murph had more 2nd places
    UrsineSaturn9 and Cameron Neame like this.
  9. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well done Murph! Go team BHR!
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  11. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

The most fun race I’ve had all season, even if the result was still lacklustre. The first 8 or 9 laps were intense to say the least, cars swapping positions everywhere! The RMs don’t like me much so slipped down the order toward the end but had some good battles & was enjoying myself for a change.
    Sorry @UrsineSaturn9 to hold you up on last qualli lap but it was actually my best so I wasn’t about to move over for obvious selfish reasons!
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Didn't expect you to move over and no need to apologise. I wouldn't have caught you without the slipstream anyway
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  13. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yep, concur. A fun race with some good close racing. That car snake for the first few laps was intense. Had I not self-spun I would have stayed with it for longer. I really enjoyed the final stint on fresh softs and low fuel, came home with a wet sail.
    @Buster_Danis were your tyre shot by then, say last 3 laps? Look like you were struggling.
    Buster_Danis and HSVDT_15 like this.
  14. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Struggling yes, tyres not too bad, but just overdriving trying to keep up which in hindsight was not a good idea on mediums.
  15. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a awesome season, really enjoyed being back in league racing and racing just for the fun of it. Who would've thought it would end on a countback, Well done @Cameron Neane - KIWI 1-2
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Choice! :)
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Congratulations @Mightymurph51 on winning your debut championship!
    Well done @Cameron Neane & @incey on rounding out the podium.
    We will probably see you 3 in division 2 next year.

Thanks to all the room hosts, and captains for assisting throughout the season.

Big thanks to @Matthyus for all your work on the tables and collecting/sorting the data for our divisions.

Another big thanks to my fellow stewards @Viperzed @emmo46 @JonoStan96 . It can be a testing job to have.

We will now be having a league break until Term 1 next year (26 Jan or 2 Feb)
    Been a huge year of racing across all platforms, and apart from the enduro round, we had no less than close to 50 odd drivers all other rounds of this season. Hopefully season 10, the first of 2020, can hold numbers and we have more great racing.

@stucar17 is trying his best to sort the prize draw for this season (selby prize), and we are yet to draw for last season as well (ignition) !
    We were waiting on the iRacing guys to get their names in to us. Stu will try to sort this week with @Anon666 and the guys.

ALSO DONT FORGET - IF YOU ARE A GOLD MEMBER YOU AUTOMATICALLY GO INTO THE DRAW FROM THE GAMESMEN FOR LOGITEC PRIZE. http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw-2018-2019.3252/

If your appetite for racing still exists in the off season, head over to the community events section:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/community-events.12/

Next Saturday 14/12 is the Spa 3 Hr @JonoStan96 is organising:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/wet-event-14-12-2019-3-hours-of-spa.3878/

MAKE SURE YOU TUNE IN this Sunday 15/12 for the live stream of the ROC thanks to Demo 1 Garage:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/bjh-roc-15-12-bjh-memorial-race-of-champions.3872/

@Bryan may be holding more TCR rounds on free Sundays in the off season so sign up if that interests you:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/series-2019-rooz-tcr-cup.3703/

and finally, in early January, Sunday 5/1 I am running a fun night with some spots still open:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-event-5-1-tbc-grand-tour-fun-night.3844/

Thank you to all members of RaceOnOz for participating and making this community the great one that it is.
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    no, only top two go up, loving tradition:D:D:D
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well that wraps another season for me.
    I had thoughts at the start of the season that I would hit mid pack D3, lo and behold that is what I managed.
    Some very strong competition this season and a busy life for myself meant I was unable to push for that elusive podium I never got this season.
    In fact, until Round 7, I was the only one in the top 7 that hadn't won a podium...
    I almost enjoyed the car. I liked it being planted so I did manage to not use TCS in all bar the RBR (wet), so some progress there. But being able to master the car, I was just unable to gel with it, fighting it more and more and my results showed that.
    In fact, this season also holds my lowest finishing position since I started...
    The Round 7 at Spa result was all my own doing, trying to keep up with Pat. I was out all day at a massive Xmas work function, running on 4 hrs sleep. I had zero will to push once I had my first accident, let alone my 2nd 3 laps later..

Anyhow, I'll likely over the break, smash out the Excel sheets and display my wonderful data set and put together some stats for us all!!

I'm not fully done yet though, I did manage to sneak a win in and will be in the Race of Champions on Sunday.
    Once done though, I'll be on a racing break until the next Season in 2020.
    Enjoy the break, spend time with the family and friends and above all, be safe.
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I found the Ferrari didn't like being pushed into the corners, the more you push the slower you go. (except for :alien:s maybe)
    Buster_Danis likes this.