ACC ACC season 01 rnd 5 Misano Sprint cup 2x 30 minute sprints Dec 9th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thanks for your input. I understand your thoughts. If I was the inside car on a shallow line i would not move wide so late leaving less than a cars width for the car along side me on the outside.. The car on the outside is on the correct line.

Interesting...
    tezpez85 likes this.
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Here’s the thing though, how far wide I was has no bearing on what happened here. I pushed your car after corner exit from behind, not side on. I may have accelerated just a touch earlier here and pushed the rear of your car a bit. In a real life situation I doubt you would have even felt that contact.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Terry was replying to my scenario/query which has nothing to do with your coming together..
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yes it does. Coming from a wider line I had to lift slightly after apex to be on a good line for the next corner / stay within track limits. You weren't close to staying within track limits which means you were pushing too hard on a line that would have taken you outside the circuit. It wouldn't have had a bearing on me only if I wasn't there.

Yeah, no worries, I was just using the video as a hypothetical as you were.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Hmmm, if you lifted after corner exit then that explains the contact, fairly big no no there.
  6. tezpez85

A fairly big no no is keeping your foot gassed with no intention of making the corner when I'm directly in front of you. Who's at fault in any collision on the road? The person behind.

This will be my last post on this incident. You've taken me out blatantly twice and if you don't receive a penalty if it happens again I'm going to start using some of your own tactics.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  7. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Mate, you left me near enough no room, dived in front of me and then lifted AFTER THE APEX. Everyone will have their foot in it AFTER THE APEX! I lifted as soon as I saw the distance between us disappear rapidly but we are talking about literally a split second of time here, I had no hope of getting out of the throttle and on the brakes in time, I certainly tried.

And as for incident fault, sorry but racing doesn’t follow road rules, if a driver brakes in an unexpected place such as corner exits the contact is that drivers fault.

And if we are bringing up incidents I’ll remind you of the good shove you gave me at Brands Hatch in the AKR race there as I was quicker and got in front of you going around the outside in T5, threw my car nicely on the marbles and destroyed my race as I barely held that and had zero grip for the next turn.

A little less overall aggression maybe wouldn’t hurt...
  8. tezpez85

Post a video of that incident and I’ll be happy to discuss. No more talk on this one, unless someone wants to hand out a penalty.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I cant see enough there to warrant a penalty, at corner entry there was significant overlap and inside car slowed to not run wide of the apex and into the outside car. Outside car left just enough room but this room include 2 wheels on the curb so its a fair risk to leave the bare minimum there. Very minor contact occured after the apex which seems is because the car ahead lifted. Both lines were compromised as room was left by both, its not really possible for the car behind there to react to a lift so the contact he couldnt really do much to avoid beyond what he did up to the apex.

Hard to call it more then a racing incident IMHO, it is good to discuss these incidents. I dont see any malace in what the inside car did and its quite a good effort to go side by side there without contact until after the apex.

We want to trust others we race with here and I dont see anyone blatantly wrecking others, the odd accidents will happen. Im sure people can adjust their racing to ensure things stay friendly, of some think they will tighten up more and give less room and be more agressive then future incidents may need penalties. Lets hope we dont go down that path and keep manage to it friendly. ;)
  10. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I think you two boys should have a hug before tonight's race.. :inlove::thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    nanlatt likes this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Sadly this data is not in any of the results files mate, but if they add it I will certainly use it in the site somewhere. Also re: sector times in the hotlap results - yes indeed good idea!
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Coanda likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thank Steve you bloody legend :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

No worries - splits are now in the Zandvoort table :):):):)
    krunch, marty, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  14. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Just my 2c about assessing the incident - I would be looking at brake and throttle inputs from both drivers in the replay. See who was braking/lifting/accelerating and when, before I made any decision.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Do you guys have a stewards group?
    I don't mind taking a look, but if the only footage is the slow-mo birds eye view, that isn't enough to make a proper decision.

Ideally I need footage from chase cam of both cars in normal speed
  16. tezpez85

I have the replay so can do that. I’ll do it normal speed, hud on.
    Hatfield likes this.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

If we are heading down this path then we should have an official incident review thread. The drivers will submit as much video as is possible, can also do mo telemetry if available and you want to go hardcore.

If we are heading that way I will enter this quote in to the incident review process:

marty likes this.
  18. tezpez85

Yeah, we should have an official review thread. The HUD provides accelerator / brake inputs on replay.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    As a member of the stewards group in GT Sport, I offered to just take a look.
    If you want the incident report thread and proper stewarding channels present in our other leagues, one or more AC mods should be involved, and then other respected members of this AC group.
  20. tezpez85

My perspective:

Godz's perspective:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.