GT-Sport Lewis Hamilton's Challenge support group for people that aren't #blessed

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Noxrai, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Welcome to the safe zone where you can share your trials tribulations, tears and anger with others who share your feelings.

We can also share any success stories or tips to help our fellow unblessed brothers out.

I'll go first.

Willow. Springs. Can. Go. To. Hell.
    I heard the rumours about this track so I have decided to try and get it out of the way as soon as possible. The only corner I seem to make time on Hamilton is the first corner. The rest he pulls away. I will be here a while. Send water and food. :oops:

Dragon trail death chicane. The only thing that kept undoing my lap. Every damn time. But I got it in the end with a passable exit and only losing a bit of time to Hamilton. :x3::thumbsup:
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    It would be interesting to know how much time Lewis spent on each lap before he was happy to save it
  3. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    you can generally tell by watching his replay and seeing the KMs on his car, seems to be 1-3 laps
    incey likes this.
  4. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    1-3 laps? No way. You hear him in the videos. He says he spent quite a bit of time setting the laps for each track. 1-3 laps is not enough time to set these kinds of times. Even trl lightning had to try more than a few laps to beat some of his times.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    different car for the vid maybe?
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Agreed on Big Willow
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Rear brake bias is your friend
    Noxrai likes this.
  8. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Will give it a try. What setting would you recommend? +2? More? I'm starting to dabble in setting different brake bias for different corners. Would be great to have the dials like the thrustmaster t-gt to change it easily on the fly. Clicking my stick on the wheel is a bit clunky and cumbersome.
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    +2 at absolute minimum, +3 for Willow
    Noxrai likes this.
  10. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Ok after laps and laps and laps and almost throwing in the towel at Big Willow. I was getting a bit frustrated on how Lewis can gain on me on almost every corner and I had no idea why. I was braking and turning in at the exact same points he was. I think I have worked out why.

I decided to watch his lap a few more times. It was really hard to spot. But the 2nd long corner, the very long right hander clued me in on what I'm doing wrong.

I realized he doesn't use full steering lock. On almost all corners he keeps his steering lock in check. Me on the other hand, I'm full lock and trying to keep as much speed around the corner as I can. But I think that is causing me to scrub and I'm actually losing time. I have to completely change my driving style and my muscle memory. A pain in the butt yes.

The big big silver lining. I have actually gained on him in most corners trying this new technique but on varying laps. I just have to string a perfect lap together. This is a huge game changer for me. I reckon I can get it now. Just a matter of time.

I hope this helps others out. This has been a big eye opener for me and has reinvigorated me to topple his time.

Down to a 1.11.467. Getting close now.
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    2hrs 10 mins in is where I finally beat him

incey, Noxrai and Easyprey007 like this.
  12. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    wow, mega lap :cool:
    Good work mate, that last corner you nailed. Clawed back 0.07 on him
  13. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Just got Big Willow! @Noxrai your tip with the steering inputs got me there, coupled with previous knowledge with the brake bias form Jono. 100 mil goes down real nice
    Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  14. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Hell yeah! Nice work!
    Matthyus and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Going to maybe give this DLC a try. Doubt I can get the diamond times, but will be interesting to see how my DS4 times compare to T-GT times once I get that (slower until I get used to the wheel I suspect)
    Noxrai likes this.
  16. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I got a few gold on contoller when I was waiting for my wheel to come back. I reckon you would have a good shot to get diamond at Monza. Seems to be his weakest track.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    So far have silver on everything attempted so far, gold will be hard. About 0.8 off gold for Monza, but haven't put a good lap together yet. Losing half a second on the second chicane and get a penalty there most of the time. Still fun trying
    Noxrai likes this.
  18. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    See, I knew I could beat Lewis Hamiltons Big Willow time. I just didn't know it would be like this lol.

[​IMG]
    Daraygun23, JonoStan96, incey and 3 others like this.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    That'll do pig, that'll do...
    incey, Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  20. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    It must of been in the ten thousandth of a second range that I beat him. I feel like Vin Diesel

[​IMG]
    Matthyus likes this.